Non-Client Non-Balance Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 16, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maybe I don't understand what kind of point you are trying to make -- were you saying "oh, it would be in terms of coding pretty straight forward to remove this, because it's a condition tag created by various effects" or were you saying "in terms of design, this shouldn't be that bad, because it's a fairly simple condition"?

2. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. But it's more of a hunch based on bugs I've seen. I have obviously not looked at the Pox code or worked with it.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, I was thinking you were saying more of the other one, makes sense now.

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Pox Doom Balls should go back to being different between the factions. This should be an easy change. Maybe even hold an ability vote on faction websites

5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

1: Faction
    -Full Faction bonus = +2 rune reveals each turn
    -Split bonus = none
    Reasoning: full faction = consistency while split faction = increased synergy/selection

2: Font Bonus
    - Font nora generation to 8
    - Shrine nora generation to 50
    - Font bonus to have more power. Some rough examples

FS: Water Front & Cleansing Aura 3 - (Generates Water terrain for 3 turns) - (Cleanses friendly champions within 3)
    IS: Hollowed Front & Weaken Spells - (Generates Hollowed Ground for 3 turns) (Friendly champions within 5 spaces of this unit take 5 less dmg from spells)
    ST: Snow Front & Pathfinding - (Generates Snow terrain Impeding 1 for 3 turns) (All friendly champions within 5 spaces of this unit have Mountaineer)
    KF: Forrest Front & Darkmarsh Helm relic ability - (Generates Vegetation terrain for 3 turns) (All friendly champions within 5 spaces of this unit are stealthed 6)

FW: Desecrated zone 3 & Soul Collection - (DMZ terrain for 3 turns) - (Collects nora globes within 5 spaces of this unit)
    SL: Sand Front & Dragon god's Staff relic ability - (Generates Sand terrain for 3 turns) - (Enemy champions within 3 take 4 fire damage and are dispelled)
    UD: Ash Front & BattleMaster 3 - (Generates Ash terrain for 3 turns (Champs within have evasive 3)) - (Friendly champions have +2 dmg +1 def within)
    SP: Rock Front & Imposing Aura- (Generates rock terrain for 3 turns) - (Enemy champs within 3 have careless)

3: Shrines
    - Untransfigured shrines only have deployment zone & mulligan. (no resistances). and start with 90 health
    - Auto-transfigures - maintains shrine nora generation without penalty
    - Each avatar ability list has: attack physical, two faction font abilities from above, Skywing Beacon Ability, Avatar ability (no healing/regeneration)
    - Statline for each: 12 dmg / 1-2 rng / 4 def / 5 spd / hp = shrine

Woffleet likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I could get behind this idea of shifting more power to shrines over fonts, although those wouldn't be the exact numbers I would pick. How do you feel about the significance of fonts and how swingy the game is right now, Sok?

Firk this nonsense though, get this bull crap out of here.

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Muahahah

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why would you suggest something that would absolutely fark a theme like that?

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Adjust shrine hp to match fully leveled avatars. Allow avatars to still gain stats with levels, but adjust hp to the fully leveled amount.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I do wish fonts were more impact on the game in terms of what they do. Currently the only ones that anyone cares about is IS in terms of making it easier to defended.

11. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Am I reading this right? You list this under font bonus so FW can have the CD as FF and also like 80% of FS's noragen?

edit: also, are the dashes meant to be different pitches or did you actually want it to eventually outscale FS bonus the more fonts it caps? Seems snowbally af.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

no it's a suggested change overall. He's suggesting that fonts in general make less but shrines make more so that way fonts dont have as huge an impact on who wins the game as they do now.

Also @yobanchi i support the new FW font bonus.

Also my suggestions

Theme Abilities
    Throw around phylactery bound a little more on some liches. Somehow work death harvest into their theme too. and probably throw combat awareness 1 on phylacteries too.
    Remove insubstantiate, put phase shift on more spirits.
    Reduce the cool down on uproot for trees after using take root and have the 2 abilities cycle between uproot and take root.
    Eg, use take root, becomes uproot, use uproot, becomes take root.

Change charged abilities to have their own specific clause for charged generation
    Eg, Death knell needs 3 charges. Gains 1 charge each time a champion is killed
    Charged Attack, Needs 5 charges gains 2 charges each time this unit makes an attack.

Make all forms of stealth only temporary.

13. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

It would be not be nonsense if you curtailed nor generation by champs abilities and relics. Relics and abilities will be able to produce more nora than fonts and that would be a imbalance to non nora generating themes and factions. The Meta would become even more focused on nora generating. Shifting power over to fonts would be very interesting just would have to balance out some of the effects.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I have no idea what you are talking about. I said that forced transfiguration is nonsense, and my reasons include because it would totally wreck worms and tome of hate.

15. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I feel like if you brought back font defender and placed it on several key things in every faction Defense play in pox and font bonuses in general would be much more relevant. Especially if we are serious considering Yobanchi's ideas for font remakes.

16. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

The only thing I see on there that requires real programming time is bringing back blue names. The other things should be relatively easy really. I'm not trying to come off as rude, but it really comes down to if you guys are willing to put in the effort to revive this game. A lot of us feel cheated from the way things have been going over the years and have stayed loyal. Now it seems like veterans are slowly slipping away. You have random people throwing tournaments together (not bashing) in efforts to save the game. We waited over a year for 9 runes, (which a lot of us sank money into by the way). The client still remains a mess and you're telling me this is the best you guys can do? I've always been supportive but it's a god awful experience when you guys do us like this. You guys made ps4 such a high priority yet nowadays, you'd be lucky to see a ps4 match. I'm honestly sickened and am considering quitting. So yes maybe you guys should design them, and yes maybe it takes programming time because MAYBE it's your job.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but almost everything listed looks like programmer time to me.

Getting anything to display in the client such as guild ranks (or to fix guild rankings on the website) or to track guild competitions and give people rewards for guild events, etc. all needs programmer time to implement.

(Unless you meant to say we can just do some events via the forum as text posts or something, then sure, THAT one is doable.)

I am not sure what this means. This thread is specifically about things NOT RELATED to the client that *I* can do without programmer time because the programmers are busy dealing with the client issues.

Basically, this is, "Since I can't help fix the client, I'd like to do something else for players that only I can do."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  18. Sokolov

Maybe. Most likely. That's a tough one because it touches so many runes that there are bound to be something that I can't pull off.

19. Sokolov

It depends.

One of the things is that Pox is a mix of java code and POXML scripts. New abilities that summon are pretty easily made into real champions just by changing the way it spawns things.

Old java abilities I could probably figure it out, but they are often done in multiple ways and I am likely to break the abilities in various ways.

~

All that said, I think @kalasle's idea is not a bad one, it is certainly one of the things I could attempt to tackle.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You could also try removing Overload from the game, because that ability is butts.

SPiEkY likes this.