Noob looking for inputs

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by LeFitz, Sep 1, 2015.

1. LeFitz

LeFitz New Member

Hello everyone.

I started a few days ago and I have now gathered 30 KF cards, enough to start a "BG" although it is just a compilation of whatever runes the odds provided me, with no thought into building for having no choice. Its name reflects the situation pretty much: "Forest Dump" :)

So, I will start playing it for the sake of leveling up a few cards and make adjustment as I get more runes via reward. Then come my first question: When a rune levels up (gain a star) you get a new ability and have to pick between 3 options (weak ability -3 nora cost, normal ability, strong ability +3 nora cost). is that correct? If yes, then are there any established consensus on what is the best pick for this card or that ability? Very concerned in making a mistake and wasting my already scarce runes.

I went KF because after doing the tutorial steps welcome to Poxnora, I had a legendary: Woodland Diplomat. Got the Avatar, bought a extended pack and now thinking of buying another pack or right away stock for a box. Now comes my second question: Shall I build a game around this rune? If yes, what kind of game? Garu game? (other notable cards for being exotics: Elder Garu, Spirit Singer).

Thank you all for helping out and hope to see you in game!

Lushiris likes this.
  2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

The legendary and exotics you get by playing games can be traded here http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/1-1-core-exo-legendary-trades.8323/ for others.

Choosing upgrades on leveled champs can be done at any point and you can change it again later. I wouldn't say weak ability to strong, but cheap to expensive. For 1000gold you can buy training bgs, there is a garu version. You cannot change the upgrades of those runes and the battlegroup is fixed, but you can get a feel of how it plays. If you have decided which direction you want to go, let me know and I might have some leftover runes.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Welcome to Poxnora. It's a cracking game and it's lovely to hear from new players.

As per previous post, you can tweak your individual champions at any time, so you are not making any fixed decisions by choosing abilities. Try a few out and see how you go. Often, particular ability combo's work well on a given champ. Or perhaps specific abilities fit with a particular themed deck. e.g. Loyalty is great in full faction but less so in a split BG.

There isn't really a strict correlation between Exo= great and common = bad, etc. Basing a deck around your particular Exo's is not necessary. Get a feel for which runes you like and build a deck around those. Woodland Diplomat and Spirit Singer are very much 'support' runes so they can work flexibly across any deck you fancy.

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Welcome :)

I enjoy helping new players so if u ever need any help, send me a message, id be happy to help you out.

As others have said, when you level up your runes to 2 and then 3, youre then able to choose which upgrades u want to have. Theyre not a one time choice, u can freely swap them around whenever u want and experiment with different builds for the same rune. General consensus is to go with the cheaper options, generally, but some runes have upgrades that might be worth the +2 more nora or +5 more etc. Experiment around and find what u prefer. You can also look on the forums for advice and decklists, make a thread of ur own asking for advice like this one, and a personal favourite of mine is spectating higher ranked guys or well known players in game and see what upgrades theyre all choosing and what runes theyre running etc. You can also join a guild, which will give u an in game guild chat tab where u can freely talk to guild mates and seek advice.

KF is a strong faction, they are all strong imho, but KF is particularly strongi feel. I wouldnt settle on anything specific right now, id just try and play around with as many different runes as u can, find out what u like and then maybe commit to a certain deck and start obtaining the runes required. The free training pvp decks are a good way to try out runes without having to own them. You can also unlock more of them using gold.

I am unsure how KF fares as a faction with regards to how expensive their themes/decks are. Some themes are easier/cheaper to obtain and build than others due to rarity of the runes required. Decks that have a higher number of strong exotics/legendaries will inevitably cost more to build than a deck full of strong commons/uncommons.

On subject of gold, people tend to save up 30k for an Extended Set Box. That is, imo, the best use of your gold. There are also token packs, avatars, campaigns and theme decks available for in game gold too, if u ever feel the need to purchase them.

Fentum likes this.
  5. LeFitz

LeFitz New Member

Thanks everyone for your answers. I'm very busy RL at the moment so have mot played much.

That you can adjust your upgraded abilities anytime is great news.

Okay then I save the cash for a box. Already got an avatar and now runes start coming in simply by winning games.

How many CP for a rune to get to level 2 and then 3?

6. Burcho

100 to get to 2, 200 for 3. (bronze token:25 xp, silver: 50, gold 100 and platinum tokes = 200 xp)

7. LeFitz

LeFitz New Member

Thanks Burcho.

Question on dailies: win 2 games ST deck. From public decks, the yeti one (abominable) was the only to credit the daily, not the lonx one, not the regular one. Now trying SL daily and same, scale and claws is not crediting towards the daily. I'm at a miss here.

Now the 15 days achievements are a complete mess because they change every other day and like now I only have 5 days to do them while I finished a 4 days countdown this week end. It seems completely hectic to me.

8. Burcho

Did you win the game each time and took you longer then 5 minutes? If you did and it did not count then it is a bug. I think i encountered something similar, but neglected to make a post in the bug forum.

Normally the heroic achievements have a two weeks deadline, but the counter has not worked properly yet. Don't pay too much attention to them. Do them if you can, but don't waste weeks to do them. I should be able to finish mine today, but I have an easy bg to finish mine.

9. LeFitz

LeFitz New Member

Oh okay, no I didn't win systematically. I thought playing was what matters. Otherwise yes, I'm aware of the 5min minimum match duration for it to count in any way.

Okay yes, I hope it will get sorted out soon. I wanted to do the win 20 pvp games one since I have to win 1 per day anyway.

10. Burcho

When I go for the faction achievement I try to win the game/skirmish/daily. The other daily achievements don't require a win.

11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Sometimes if you lose or quit, it doesn't count, so, try to win. Just do the two dailies whith an BG trying to do both Achievment at same time, ex: today I've got: 2 SL games & 2 BG with a Knight. So, I had done the dailies (rude rats, rude Voil) using an Draksar BG that have a Knight. With 2 games, I have made gold for beating dailies, and completing Achievment.

The Heroic one is hard for new players to do, de to lack of Rune acessibility. But if you manage to allready have the requires runes, just do it, but don't try to focus all your shards/gold just to make them all.

Also, if want any tips, runes, or anything, fell free to ask, I like to help new players.

Welcome to the game, I hope you enjoy it.

12. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

The quickest way to ramp up your champs is to start a game, deploy three champs, have one of them do something, then surrender. Keep doing this until they are all at 200 EP. This will cost you zero gold.

Lushiris likes this.