Nora Cleanse (FS Spell)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Nora Cleanse
    Faction:
    Forglar Swamp | Rarity: Common | Deck Limit: 2
    Effect: Target champion is Cleansed and gains Purified for 10 turns. Until this effect ends, you gain 5 less nora at the start of your turns.
    Nora Cost: 25

Anima26 likes this.
  2. Xirone

I noticed in Sok's thread that a number of FS players wanted access to good spot-cleanse. This spell has a low up-front cost but has a residual "tax" that is spread out over 10 turns. I'm not sure if 20 nora is better for the spell but it seems like a flavorful way to cleanse a single champion. Thoughts?

3. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I like it. Nice Job.

This spell give FS what it needs in exchange for alot of what it Already has. I would run this spell x1 in all BG just because spot cleanse worth it.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

50 nora spot cleanse and purify with 25 of the cost spread out. Sounds fair enough, really.

5. Xirone

Not to mention it would have a low CD so you could include 1 in your deck and have a somewhat reliable cleanse option when needed.

6. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I think its reasonable but 25 nora for spot cleanse seems too low to me, I know its an over the time nora depletion but this is FS so u have 1 nora over ur opponent instead of 6. The spell would only be fair if It was 50 nora upfront to put the player who uses it at a proper nora deficiency but thats just me

7. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Personaly, I don't understand all the "hate" about the proposed cleansing option for UD and FS when in other faction we have viable things like: Vial of Holy Water (IS), Herbal Antidote (KF), Cleansing Emerald (KF/SP), Dragon God Staff and Purge (SL), Cleansing Storm (ST), Soul Reaver (IS/FW). All of them are just a one time single/mass cleanse for a reasonable price.

What Xirone is presenting here is just a standard cleanse spell. I would just rework it to have more impact immediatly:

20 nora
    "Target champion is Cleansed. For each condition removed you lose 3 nora; for each nora missed in your nora bank, your shrine or avatar lose 1 HP".

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I like it. It does seem a little too good at 25 nora. In my mind, im thinking ive cleansed something half dead, itll probably die in 2 maybe 3 turns, which is 15 extra nora rather than 25 so its only 40 nora. Hmm, it does sound fairly balanced. Perhaps 30 nora starting cost.

Xirone likes this.
  9. Xirone

That's a good point. I meant for the spell to subtract nora for 10 turns, even if the champion dies. The way I stated it, it sounds like it would end if the champion died. Good catch!

Etherielin, IMAGIRL and Anima26 like this.
  10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Why are we putting cleanse on such a pedestal all of a sudden? Vial of holy water is 25n flat for cleanse + purified + blessed. Herbal Remedy is 35n for cleanse + small heal + 2 immunities in an AOE.

Is there some secret list of faction weaknesses that everyone has access to? I would love to see the full list if someone could finish this template up for me. Thanks in advance.

FS: If they want to have cleanse they need to overpay.
    UD: If they want to have cleanse they need to overpay.
    KF: If they want to have X they need to overpay.
    ST: If they want to have X they need to overpay.
    SP: If they want to have X they need to overpay.
    FW: If they want to have X they need to overpay.
    IS: If they want to have X they need to overpay.
    SL: If they want to have X they need to overpay.

Love,
    davre

11. Xirone

If you mean Herbal Antidote, that spell is 40, not 35. I would also state that I think Vial of Holy Water is under-costed (30 sounds better). This spell is meant to be really affordable upfront but with a long term tax (that doesn't mean as much), over time. I don't think this is quite an example of FS overpaying for spot-cleanse. As you point out, Vial of Holy Water is probably under paying for spot cleanse.

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

SL: if they want to have anything that isnt Attack: Physical then pray. :p

13. Xirone

Someone did suggest a while back giving Cleansing Emerald to FS instead of SP and give SP Soultap Garnet instead. That could work instead of creating a new spell?

14. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Point still stands, add 5n to each of the examples and you are still getting much more for much less. Recost vial of holy water (which nobody runs now even though it is undercosted) and it still 20n cheaper with a bonus effect and lasting in perpetuity.