nora cost tiers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

What you said about HP ratio is true if you're talking about summons and ultra efficient champions (which like @calisk said are restricted to beasts), but when a player actually pays for a regular champion in ST the bonus really doesn't pay off like others norawise by a decent margin if we compare it with FS and SP bonus.

ST's champions are normally behind in efficiency because they normally are bound to flavor and have their own list of sandbags, with few exceptions.

As a side note, I agree with @MrBadguy as he constantly says that ST keeps being good despite the meta because of its spells (Gale and Swap), but this is something I would only like to see changed if all "problematic" spells in all factions also got changed (to have a real change in the definition of spell power in Poxnora), otherwise it would just be an ST nerf preceding the creation of different OP spells.

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Not sure why you want to do it, its not that easy to determine if a rune is worth a slot in the deck.
    62 nora aint so important, sure there are a few maps a dual deploy in first turn is really good.
    69 nora is nice because thats the shrine + 2 fonts, so units costing less then 69 should be possible to deploy every turn.
    75 nora, because if you go first you need to deploy a second champion in turn 2, and you cant do it if they cost over 150nora together. (except SP, FS)

having expensive units also limits amount of first deploy runes, with less and less champs in the decks and more spells can also be a problem. but in general i try to fill my deck with units i want early deploy, midgame, endgame. Endgame units are those i probably just should remove for midgame spells instead, but in certain games they really help. Endgame atm for me is dwarf king. Removed all others from my deck to get more midgame
    16champs:
    7 of them are the ones i want early deploy (they cost 53-69nora)
    8 midgame or to counter some specific function (cost 62-86nora)
    1 mid/endgame, to get that extra power (84nora)

Fentum likes this.
  3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I actually think he is pretty good tbh

4. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

It wasn't sarcasm btw. There was supposed to be a "now" on the end of "right" oops.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  5. Lushiris

What are you guys doing? Going full fire melee against him?

6. GoldTiger

Hmm?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

please can we not try and act like extinguisher isnt one of the best tanks in the game right now. Especially if we start talking efficiency wise.

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Well i don't really look at him as a tank since his only defense ability is adept and his defense isn't particularly high but i do agree he's a great unit with very high effeciency.

Spirit of the mountain is an amazing tank imo, flying with 75% resistance to all but one damage type and creates an 8 speed champ to absord more attacks for you.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Extinguisher has been super efficient for a while, he's not so much a tank as the st bonus is just broken.

st bonus + banner+ commander= An extra 20 health, which makes almost every champ worth it's cost.

10. calisk

I think this thread has helped me understand one thing about the community.

A large number of people literally think the only thing that makes champs good is the hp/nora ratio.

As such I now understand why these people can't shut up anout the st bonus

Lushiris likes this.
  11. Lushiris

Efficient? Extinguish is a 6 Nora sandbag as it's far from being used in every game, and Acolyte forces him to be locked in a single theme. You can say he is cheap and decent against melee, but he sure as hell isn't as efficient as you think, unless played under the specific conditions I joked about above.

First, if we take the formula literally, (after 40 HP, 2HP = 1 Nora) ST bonus is worth 5 nora. Second, +20 HP? Please show me a current picture of a Jakei Extinguisher with +20 HP from the 3 bonuses you've mentioned so I can understand what you mean (unless you mean Regal Presence from Jakei Frost Queen, but that's such a bad buff that it makes no sense for you to even mention it).

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

it Doesnt matter that extinguish is a 6 nora sandbag because outside of that he has an incredible 16 nora in abilities. And it just so happens those abilities synergize incredibly well and can potentially have him healing 12 HP per round. which yes for 71 nora that is incredibly efficient.

13. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Can anyone guess what Cal lost to xD

14. calisk

Soooooo much heh.

I was considering making a magic amp deck just to spite you lol

I avoided it but i really wanted to make my netf ghosr thread for the 100th time because ghosts should be weak to psychic imo, or if magic is thebonly thing that can hurt them they should straight take 150%damage from it

Regardless though som is the best tank in the game most of the time, and it's not like i don't use him in my sp splits

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It is not as consistent as that -- 1 hp is about .8 nora. ST bonus is a solid 8, like most of the bonuses.

Even then, talking how much something is costed is different from how much it is worth, and were the ST bonus costed at 5 nora, I and many others would agree that its actual worth is more than that.

Edit: Why on earth do threads get derailed so quickly? It seems like every single thread in general rapidly turns into petty balance discussions. I realize that my above correction doesn't do much to oppose that trend, but seriously.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  16. GoldTiger

The point I was trying to make was the extinguisher OBVIOUSLY wasnt meant to be a tank with his abilities. It just so happens that frost acolyte is one of the better acolytes out there and causes him to be "the best tank in the game". You either burst his 67 hp down or he will regen to full. Just my experience anyways.

Ps 5 Nora for it isn't a fair pricing imo.

17. Lushiris

Because being right is more important than order, leave that to the mo- nvm.

18. calisk

Isn't adept just a conditional thhs worse version of regen 3

I mean you can heal back up to full from regen 3/adept but as we all know when facing or playing with most of sl it's not the fastest or easiest thing to pull off

19. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Acolyte is potentially twice as good as regen 3, 12 a round potential as opposed to 6 a round.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  20. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

It also becomes much more powerful on high HP champs such as ST. slap it on a 40 hp max champ and it isnt worth that anywhere near as much. Its why I think standard ability costs is flawed.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.