Northern Cross Obelisk

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

WHY ARE YOU SAYING THESE THINGS!

2. Dresnar20365988

Sigh

When you move out of range of the heal I just kill the relic and take the font. If your champ is full health I can kill the relic with no down side.

There must be some hidden interaction I don't know about that Sok and iaja are referring to.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah no idea. I could put some thought into it if I gave a Firk. I guess you could do two of them with low level bombs and mason or something.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Or maybe two of them each heal eachother when the other is dmgd? Shrug

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah this thing is OP as heck in the right scenario. Unfortunately I experienced this crap first hand by Iajab himself.
    If you have 2 of these things out, and hit them with a bomb or something, it has board wipe potency.
    In our scenario, Iajab had 2 Jangar Arcanis out. Then he moved in the mid font, put 2 of these relics out, and dropped 1 AoE from each, hitting the relics and the champs. He managed to kill 4 champs at once.
    Imagine my surprise after a 3 months hiatus, playing with a highlander leoss bg, with restrictions.
    Yeah, didnt feel good.

Edit: @Sokolov I have no idea if this thing is nerf worthy, but should definitely be on watch.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So you had your champs in AOE2 range with two Arcana out? I guess it depends on how much dmg you can get into it before it dies. I saw this synergy but didn't see it as gamebreaking. It's some pretty good splash dmg but it's hardly enough to kill the splash only champs.

7. Pedeguerra

Yeah, I was playing Leoss... It gets pretty clustered since they have a lot of dmg/def boosts and whatnot.
    Thats besides the point, though. I was just demonstrating what Iajab was talking about. I doubt he would have wiped the board with only 1 out, with 2 however it gets silly.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I see, You control the damage by placing the relics in range of enemies (and/or allies) and "YOU" damage your own relics to trigger the effect. Kind of a interesting setup and requires bombers or blowing an AoE I suppose since you can't target your own relics with basics. I doubt nerf worth and likely a new thing to look for if you see a bomber creeping around.

9. Pedeguerra

Yeah, exactly. I doubt I would ever have that happen to me again, but it is certainly and interesting setup and provides a different way to play the relic as opposed to being used as an harrasser assist thingy.
    As I said, I have no idea if it's nerf worthy, but it's definitely something to be on watch because of its abusive potential - imagine splits and whatnot.

10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah I had to read it a couple times to make sure it only damaged enemy "Champions" not units or that would be abuse-town. Still surprised it has no paladin clause.... but oh well I'll pretend its called "Non-distinct, non-denominational, unilateral Obelisk"

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Borghas 2.0

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Nah they dont damage each other so it doesnt bounce between 2. Just acts as a 50% amp, 100% if there are two.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, it is worded fairly intentionally to allow for that interaction without bouncing off each other repeatedly.

Fundamentally, you are basically paying 30 nora to "split" any existing damage on it into 50/50 DMG and Healing.

Any type of damage propagation like this is always on the watch list just because of their potential, but I feel like the ceiling is fairly capped with these relative to something like the Borghas.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, its fine until Ipox figures out a way to make it not fine.

Anima26 and Sirius like this.
  15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

ipoxification

1. the process by which something fine becomes not fine

(not to be confused with the word "defining")

16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The defense rest.

17. Dresnar20365988

Next time answer the question you git.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The vocab is strong in this one.