Not Guilty

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Apparently this isn't felony assault and doesn't lead to firing. In fact, you get money for this.

The officer has resigned from the force and will get $230k over 6 years (but can seek a job elsewhere).

DarkJello and BurnPyro like this.
  2. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

That is just bad police work, and its hard to really discredit the evidence from the video. While in my opinion it looks as if the suspect was prepared to take off into a sprint, there is no honor in kicking somebody in the face. The police officers had other means of taking him down should he break off into a run.

Its good to see though that car-cams and such can provide the real evidence of situations like this so we can know the reality of the situations. I hope that more surveillance can be put into making sure that the law is being enforced correctly, and also provide the evidence of suspects resisting arrests, so we can see first-hand the rationalization of force.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I understand the brutality, there's morons everywhere

but the inability to ever convict the culprits is amazing, c'mon

IMAGIRL and DarkJello like this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Apparently his defense was "this is a murderer and a fugitive, and I was aiming for his body and missed."

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

America just seems unable to properly keep it's cops on a leash

i can imagine that this plays into a feeling of being above the law in police circles. Just shoot, whatever happens happens, we got your back in court.

6. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

We also have a large criminal population, and its hard to really find the fine line between police limits and keeping the general public safe.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

wow you don't often see people outright admitting to be murderers.