null pointer exception

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by only, May 3, 2014.

1. only

only Active Member

after few minutes on the client, you disconnect from client. the next time you try to connect, you get error stating "null pointer exception".

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Is this still happening?

3. only

only Active Member

nop. what was that?

4. Senshu

Can't say unless we have a way to reproduce it happening. Could have been a fluke or a bird was sucked into the cooling system for the Server's data center. No way to tell without more info.

5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I had this when there was an update being installed.

6. Senshu

Update to the game or an update for some other program on your computer?

7. Burcho

a poxnora patch being implemented, sorry for not being more clear

8. only

only Active Member

was it this weekend?

9. Burcho

10. Senshu

Odd, still without a way to reliably reproduce it there isn't much that can be done, but it could be related to the one off experience Only originally reported.

11. Fred

Fred New Member

I am having this problem now. Firstly, the client download was interupted. I was then for some reason, able to complete downloading the client. Now when I try to login to the game client, I get this error: null pointer exception, and I cannot go further. Please help.

12. Senshu

Try uninstalling and reinstalling and make sure to delete the folder from the original instal. It could be a file was corrupted when your download was interrupted. For full instructions see our troubleshooting guide http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

uhhh i got the null pointer exception error today after i got dc'd and now whenever i try to login i either
    A) get constant pending screen after entering details
    B) fully loads comes into main screen but then will simply have the game client with no active details. will show all the lobby names the chat box but it doesnt have any of the logs in there. and no player counter.
    Also for whatever reason its also not allowing me to load the main site as well and it took me an eternity to access this one page

No longer having this error. it all of a sudden all decided to just work at once

14. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

15. Senshu

Hmm, sounds like an issue with your internet service provider. The could have been updating their data routing to the US.

16. themacca

i was inclined to think that at first. but i was having no trouble accessing youtube or any other site. the only thing that wouldnt work for me was anything poxnora related

17. Senshu

Like I mentioned it likely had to do with the data routing. Youtube would not be a good test of this because Google has server farms all around the world where Pox Nora is running on a single server. So if an ISP is updating its routing paths and it temporally takes down a critical path that leads to our server then there are no other ways to get to the Pox server. It all depends on how your ISP is routing data and the paths it is taking.

18. themacca

Aight yeh that probably makes sense then. thanks