(OFFLINE)For ALL Players, especially new ones, PVP practice and BG testing!

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by st3ck, Jul 29, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Hello! If you have found this post, are new, and have questions about this game that the website and other guides aren't answering, or just want someone to use a crappy bg for you to beat up on and learn the mechanics/strategies for more advanced play (holy run-on sentence):

Look no further!

I was fortunate enough to have a friend that got me into this game, got me some runes, and would play with me over and over and over (even letting me win!)

Well I can be that person for you! I have a good grasp on this game from sheer longevity of playing, and also like seeing new people develop a shared addiction.

Post here, add me on poxnora, send me messages, whatever (within capacity) I can do to help you in the daunting journey that is this online masterpiece, I would be happy to assist. There are a great many veterans of this game. I will do my best to help you network into the community and do what I can to help you understand and have fun.

I can't guarantee you that you will receive free runes, but I have in the past been capable of assisting with bg construction from some of my own collection.

The only foolish questions are the unasked ones, you can message then to me if you would like them private, instead of posting then here.

Good luck and happy poxing newcomers! Thanks for giving the game a try!

EDIT: Also feel free to shoot me an email at stecky21 at yahoo

EDIT2: online/ offline status will be reflected in the thread title to show if I am online in the game client, or not.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Ginx, 19madfox95, Zythraak and 3 others like this.
  2. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Aite, I'll be the first to take you up on this.

Er... how does one add a person to a person's friendlist?

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@st3ck will give you help, but don't trust Roger Road if he makes the same offer.

Dagda likes this.
  4. st3ck

Very cool! I'm at work, but will be on /home around 7p cst. I've always done it as /buddy add st3ck

You can also, from poxnora.com. Go to the top right, click my account, then the "My buddies" option. Unfortunately, there isn't an active little window you can have open during game, and it typically amounts to typing /who username over and over.

I look forward to seeing you later this evening

5. st3ck

And it turns out you can't actually add people from poxnora.com, but you can view the list and remove people.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

just popping in to second the hell out of the "ask all the questions" thing

do it. there are too many pieces of pox that you won't understand, or just won't pick up as quickly. there's no shame in asking for help here

Karmavore and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

For a minute there I thought this was a Roger thread due all the caps lock in the title. (HELLO NEW PLAYERS - I tutor 4 runez in first post) :p

8. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would like this help.

9. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I'd be glad to help out newer players as well. :)

10. st3ck

Awesome! if you catch me online, or if I see you online, I'll shoot you a message to do some practice battles. If you're leveling an avatar I'll surrender to help you level the avatar, and if not i tend to surrender anyways. If there are any particular things you would like to help with, spacing, map strategy, bg building etc. Let me know, I can most likely make the bg you are currently using, and use it with you in practice matches and help you tweak it, then also have you play against some of the more common meta bgs.

In game name st3ck, on throughout the week.

I'll look for in game name @KPIC unless otherwise noted look forward to seeing you out on the field. (also don't hesitate to hit up some of these other guys for practice matches) :)

11. st3ck

Ive also updated thread title as i realize most new players spend a long time in PvE.

12. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Playing mirror BGs would be great to help test out some things, that's a nice idea!

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i would do this, only i'm not at home right now

also i have a lot of trouble with going easy on people, so while i can tell you where you messed up and what you should have done, you always find out the hard way.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I do this all the time (used to do it more than I do now).

I'd be happy to help anyone learn the ways of Ironfist Stronghold. Best way to find me is here on the forums, but my in game name is the same as my forum name, you can send me a website message, forum message or find me in the game.

st3ck likes this.
  15. st3ck

I just play, and type a lot, i figure if I go all out, call out my mistakes, where advantages are why/etc, it flows pretty well.

If the game gets to a point where there is no comeback, I usually surrender. It also helps with comeback plays and what not so they can see what's possible. But everyone likes learning differently, so just be open in communication with me or anyone else you practice with, and I/we will be happy to accommodate

16. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I'd also be happy to help, not rune wise, but knowledge wise.

IGN: Dorigon

Hit me up.

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

18. st3ck

Bump, have played some games with taigas, still looking for kpic to be online when I am!

19. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

I got finals, so I'll be back on starting thursday next week. :p

20. st3ck

Good luck with finals!