Ohmin's Anime Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Sep 5, 2015.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Tell me what you think of Hanappe Bazooka ;)

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Haven't seen it. Or heard of it till now for that matter.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Kampel likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

It's like noone cares for Japan population at all, like in gigant monster movies i can't stop thinking about all that poor ppl that gets crushed in the middle of the fight

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You haven't been desensitized to animated characters being killed off?

6. Kampel

But it's not pitty what i feel, its confusion. That anime is about superheros protecting Japan.. and they destroyed half city while killing the villain..
    It's like if they all graduated from Superman's school.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think this anime is very much not about superheroes protecting Japan -- it's about people disillusioned with the worth of physical power and unsure of their place in the world. Admittedly, that doesn't do much to assuage the worry about thousands dying, but there you go. I couldn't stop thinking about it either.

Kampel and Ohmin like this.
  8. TeaScholar

it's only one episode and it's like barely half an hour ohmin. just Firking watch it

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That would require me to find it.

10. Kampel

11. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

The first episode of Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans has me hyped.
    So much potential.

12. TeaScholar

well then you suck. ignoring, unfollowing thread, etc. have a nice life you lazy scum

Ohmin likes this.
  13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

14. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I found a pretty cool website the other week called Kissanime.com, it has like everything, dubs and subs are separated too so if you don't like subs you can usually find the dub easy enough.

Started watching Akame Ga Kill randomly and it turned out to be really good. Would definitely recommend it.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. SkeletonKing

A lot of anime lately has been dropping the ball when it comes to finishing up properly. No Game, No Life. Gate. Braves of the 6 Flowers. etc.
    I was happy that Akame Ga Kill was not one of those. It starts strong and stays strong all the way to the end.

Leadrz likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Part of that is lack of willingness to invest into a series fully in some cases. Which is understandable really, since there's a lot of competition. The other part is that in some cases they are working off of source material that they don't want to deviate from, but isn't actually that far along itself. The story isn't over, but it's not finished yet.

There's a risk/reward to doing things like Game of Thrones (to use a well-known reference) or Claymore (to use an anime reference), following along with the source material for a while, then deviating into an alternate story with different plot-lines. On the one hand, you can have a proper finish to the series (even if it's short). On the other hand, fans of the source material might get annoyed/upset.

Or at least that's how I see it, it-it's not like I know for certain or anything. Baka.

Dagda likes this.
  17. SkeletonKing

You're dead on.

...and that whole "We're gonna rush out this anime before the source material is ready ....oops no more story" crap ticks me off.

So many good series completely wasted.
    At least a few pick up for a second season, but it seems like most don't.

Leadrz likes this.
  18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I was rather (pleasantly) surprised with how quickly Log Horizon got it's second season, since it basically ended bumping up right next to where the LNs were at the time IIRC. Unfortunately, that likely means we'll have to wait a good while longer for yet more animated content.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

one punch man is magical

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Watching an anime called Tenshi na Konamaiki. So far it's been great fun.

Edit: Be sure to check after each episode for extras...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016