Ohmin's Anime Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Since I know all of those and apparently am old... yes?

MaruXV likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I never really paid much attention to the music in anime until I watched Clannad. All of a sudden I have to go re-watch all the anime I've ever seen just for the music, because of how much depth it can add to the show. Seriously, that anime just wouldn't have been the same without that amazing OST along with it.

[​IMG]

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

those are literally 20-30 year old shows.

MaruXV likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Anime OSTs are boss.

5. JazzMan1221

This is gonna be an interesting year for anime, I can feel it. We got the second season of Attack on Titan coming (http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/6/14525930/attack-on-titan-season-2-premiere-date-announced), the Steins;Gate movie is finally getting an english dub, and Netflix announced that it would be making a live-action adaptation of Death Note. I'm kinda leery about this last one due to previous failures (*cough The Last Airbender, Dragonball Evolution *cough*), but with Willem Dafoe as Ryuk it can't be that bad. Anyone else hyped?

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I'm only hyped for attack on titan. I've already seen the steins;gate movie with subs. The netflix death note isn't anime, but hopefully it gets good enough writing to make it work. Netflix makes a ton of reliably good content, and with death note they have a chance to make something better than the original.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No love for Natsume Yuujinchou?

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

So an english version of Death Note?

Netflix is pumping out a lot of series isn't it?

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Possibly to the detriment of consistency of quality, if reviews of Iron Fist are to be believed.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

anyone that thought that the original iron fist comic was better than the show is thinking wrong.

since i was like 10, i've had an anthology type book of iron fist from the origin to some point in his punchtastic career. the show did a great job considering the original story/premise.

is it still below par compared to any of the other series that they're using to set up the defenders? sure, but i feel like that's almost a given

Geressen likes this.
  11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Never read it, so I'll bow to your expertise on the matter.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't think it counts as anime.

13. JazzMan1221

If anime characters are watching anime in an anime, are they still anime or live action?

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

from our pov, anime. from their, live

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the genres might be changed though.

Kelly's heroes is a sad dramatic movie in Girls und Panzer

for comparison

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

loved kelly's heroes. to be fair the german tank should of just moved forward instead of leaving it's rear exposed.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that would not have solved their problem though.

18. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

the time it took for the turret to spin both ways and the time it took for clint's tank to reload he could of at least made it far enough to perhaps missed the shot. The tank crew didn't even try is what i'm getting at.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Could've? or could of?
    Could they have? or could they of?

I agree with everything except that.

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I honestly have never seen 'could've' used. huh

Geressen likes this.