ok so next patch time to discuss

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Aug 18, 2014.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

next patch won't be for awhile I suspect but I'll tell you what my current impressions are atm.

-Lonx recruiter : intend to buff lonx, nerf beast.

- gnark : changed from beast focused to lonx focused hero.

- arctic change( was going to do gale this patch but I don't feel we are ready for that now without the costing changes going through )

- jakei mind striker for the monk decks.

- now I want to do jakei maiden here because it was a popular pick among the common rune thread, but I also want to push the blizzard elemental through on this next one.

anyway i'm open to suggestions and I am happy to hear everyones feed back on what should be adjusted, we got some time I suspect, so i'll be following this thread.

sorry if some of the stuff you may have been expecting wasn't addressed in this patch, some of it got vito'd in discussions, some things didn't come out as even I expected, but we press on.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Goyo likes this.
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'd like to know how our changes got veto'd but everyone agreed on giving klub more hp.

3. calisk

they probably thought like myself that the hero recosting patch was coming with the change.

4. KingJad

I'd like apart of the next patch to be getting endless devotion on base. I've said it a few times already.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Lonx Recruiter
    Excelent. I would like Boost: Beast (3) to be gone on him. Instead Beast Tammer could have it, what do you say? Maybe lvl2 to accomodate to the incomming Boost nerf.

Gnark
    What is your idea for him? I liked the initial idea of having a versatile Gnark. Surge: Beast it's just too good to compete with the others.

Arctic
    I highly support this, but I wonder what would happen with our inhability to contest 7 squares away fonts.

Jakei Mindstriker

Do you like NKD? I would put monks at the bottom of priority of things, until that ability is reworked.

Jakei Maiden

I allways though Ferren Dancer was a better option on paper. Would like to see her cheaper and passive as now, without Charm, Abash on base and some utility.

Blizzard Elemental

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  6. KingJad

Oh has surge: Lonx been fixed on Gnark? If not I expect that to be fixed next.

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@calisk, could you be more specific about what you have in mind for the champs? I can't provide feedback on some of your focal runes until I understand what your goal is. Jakei Mindstriker, for example, already is a Monk with NKD. I'm all for fixing her boring upgrade paths, but what are you wanting her role to be?

I liked the change to Jakei Shaman, but because ST Crystals is still self-conflicting, it felt like a slight waste of effort. She'll be there when the theme is finally viable, but a few simple tweaks to the Crystal champs could really make her changes shine. Because of this, I agree that pulling Endless Devotion to base for Crystal champs is a good goal to add. It'd build on the previous change without requiring a lot of work.

Also, I vote put Jakei Maiden on hold to push Blizzard Elemental through. Now that we know she's the common you picked, put a thread up with the direction you want to take her so we can apply the same treatment :D

Goyo likes this.
  8. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I support the suggested changes.

9. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I do not like Endless Devotion on base, just because not every Crystal champ need to be ran in Crystal theme deck. Hence, when it's on upgrades you do not sandbag the champ.

For Maiden, she is now a weaker Dancer, with no dmg, range and -2SPD, with 10 nora discount.
    Upgrade paths are the same for both, which I do not like.
    Heal Mass 1 & 2 are never ran, but I guess many champs get to pick rank of the ability, so thats fine.
    Charm 2, 3 and Abash, while they make some sence on Dancer, with Flourish, for Charm chain lock, I do not feel maiden is ment to go on front lines.

I would love to see her get some minor dmg and good range. 6dmg? 3-5? 6SPD?
    Also on 2nd upgrade path, she could use something different.
    For me personally, perfect scenario is Prestige or Bastion of Mobility, so she is THE support rune in ST, giving global buffs and still has enough ap to position itself or even attack sometimes.
    However my guess is that active ability would be in place here to spend AP on something while Heal mass is on cd and make player decide position or ability.

10. s4ndm4ns

One more thing. ICE DRAGON AMP plx

Goyo likes this.
  11. calisk

well since we have so much time atm I was just making sure everyone was happy with the selections before I put the effort in on the designs.

as for crystals, I might be able to push moving endless devoution to base on multiple crystals as one change if so I might push that through.

I can give the idea for mind striker. Since I already did an idea for her for fun.

mind striker -

dam - 8
    speed - 6
    range - 3-5
    def - 1
    hp = 42

abilities
    arctic
    attack psychic
    solidify
    discipline - confuse this would probably be freezing or alluring, but figured it made more sense as confuse.
    nkd
    upgrade 1
    strike, Horrifying Delusion, arrow-throw 1
    upgrade 2
    punish, haunting visions, soultap

comments - so the idea is she's messing with your mind as she attacks you, giving you horrifying delusions, visions or confusion.

In effect, both visions and delusions plays off your opponents nora storage, while strike and punish, arrow through are more standard build paths for a psychic, soul tap is the odd ball but it's not the first unit in st to soul tap, and it's needed to get the full use out of delusions

anyway was just an initial pass on it, not really stuck to it at all.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  12. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Lonx Recruiter / Tracker Gnark
    I don't see a reason to change those runes. The only problem I see with the Recruiter is Boost which is likely going to be addressed anyway in the forseeable future. I don't know why you want to change Gnark, he seems to be fine as he is to me. It would be interesting to see your intentions for him but I'm going to bet that I'm not going to like them. I like the few "theme-overlapping" runes that we have and having him shoehorned into lonx-only would be sad. Assuming that I won't be changing your mind about the suggesting changes for Gnark; Please just keep in mind that his flavor text and art picture him as a beastmaster who rather works with his pets than his fellow lonx or jakei to get the job done. Thanks.

Arctic change
    I wasn't actively stalking you in the past few days or weeks, so I don't know what you mean with that. If it's still the simple loss of Ready on Arctic then I'm strongly against it. If it's replacing Arctic with Icewalker and making something that is actually interesting out of Arctic then I can't wait to see the change.

Jakei Mindstriker
    I took a look at the rune and the only thing that came to mind was that it would be awesome if she could be runable with solidify on base. It's an interesting ability that is likely too situational for however much nora it costs, but at the same time it's kinda awesome and fits to the champion. Otherwise I don't really care about what you suggest for her.

Jakei Maiden vs Blizzard Elemental
    I find the Maiden way more interesting than the Elemental. So pushing a runable version of her before addressing the Elemental is fine with me.

Suggestions
    I'd still love to see the Ice Elemental runable. You know, an old favorite of mine~

Goyo likes this.
  13. calisk

well for gnark it's because he's been an unfocused beater for years, he has 4 surge abilities so you can play him in any deck you want, theirs a push to get heroes unique and focused on singular deck themes, and since azaran will obviously be the beast deck hero I believe it time to make gnark the lonx deck hero. now gnark might honestly get pushed for a nerf to some other rune, but like I said these are my initial impressions at this time I suspect they will change before the time comes due to feedback.

for recruiter the reason I want to address him is because I have to deal with his boost, so rather then just nerf him and leave him like that, I figure it's time to rework him in a way to help the lonx decks.

KingJad likes this.
  14. s4ndm4ns

Cal
    What will be the Frost amp deck hero?

Goyo likes this.
  15. calisk

heh, well if things go as hoped you might see one day ^^

16. KingJad

Is there a nora cost modifier on the maiden like there was on the boghopper shaman?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  17. calisk

yep, which I hate but it's how it is...

18. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Can we test beast before we nerf them.The2x2 recost should have fixed them.

Arctic - If we get rid of ready then give us our 7 speed champs back. I can name 5 that deserve there 7 speed back.

19. KingJad

Can you petition to get it removed?
    Isn't that what Gab did?

20. calisk

you can have the cost modified reduced but you can't have it removed because 0 damage champs tend to break the equation, for example she would likely cost 10-40 nora under the main system given her 0 damage.

hell crhysalids would be in the negatives probably.