(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I have modified the suggestions.

The forsaken follower has some concerns with being too synergetic with itself concerning the Summon Skeleton and ritual. Putting them on the same path will require a little more support.

Hourglass simplified to just be witches and cost reduced.

Haunting grip to 40 nora with Short Lived 2 added. (it will not be on LE rune)

Also added Fascinate to Dark Seductress to retain fascinate into DMZ combo...

2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

2) Forsaken Follower-
    Path 1 (Pawn, Afflict 2, Drain 1)
    Path 2 (Summon Skeleton 1, Ritual of Destruction, Ritual of Power)
    Base: Attack Magical, Defenseless, Elsari Coven

I would prefer Pawn on base and Coven as the upgrade. They are basically the same cost and until coven does something I would prefer if it wasn't taking up design space on her. Especially when it is limiting her combo potential.

I like her being a hardy caster not because she's tough, but because she throws her pain to others without regard for them. Flavor-wise, before Pawn, she could seriously protect herself with her Undead Pawn ability (can't recall the name), unique to her and the basis of her original design, throwing all the damage she took for 4 turns to the nearest undead units.

With Pawn on base she still has the shadow of this capability. If it remains on base she can enhance it with Afflict 2 or Drain 1. Drain 1 is basically a reversal of Pawn and Afflict 2 is her simply sharing her pain if they choose to focus her.

I mean, ideally you might just ask Gedden to re-add her initial "Pawn of the Dead" ability. The only reason it was removed in the first place was because it was broken and SoE couldn't be bothered fixing it. I am pretty sure they'll have left the code in there.

WraithxxV likes this.
  3. yobanchi

Sounds good.

4. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wouldn't argue with most of that suggestion, but the last part.

Gift of the Dead: For the next 4 turns, all damage dealt to this unit is dealt to the nearest undead unit you own. If you have no undead units in play, this unit takes 20% more damage.

The big freak up was that when she was risen, she would re-direct the damage to herself, because she technically was the closest undead. Eventually, we got the original witch thematic ability which was rise, and despite how much was hated by people, that developer keep it for a while and did some changes to some champions. Among those changes, we got a revamp of the forsaken follower, which went from melee to ranged, and lost risen from base, shaving like 20n from her cost. She retained GotD. Some time later, that developer had a breakdown and like one or two months later, quit the developing team and Sokolov arrived. He modified elsari coven to the curse version, dropping the rise version altogether, and eliminating the GotD issue. And then, some time later, GotD was removed as well, and she gained pawn.

If the GotD bug was not an issue anymore, why it was removed? Because it was part of the consolidation.

It was a redundant ability on design and seriously limited by the CD and race conditional. IIRC, the cd was higher than the duration of the ability, so the FF couldn't keep her protection up all the times, and even if she could, not having an undead would turn GotD into a drawback as it would increase the damage taken.

In short, GotD offered a fairly limited and weak protection. Even if we reduce its cost to current standards (I wouldn't pay more than 2n), at core, this is basically taking an existing ability and adding conditionals while adding nothing relevant. That is, we're complicating the game just for the sake of complicating the game. Just think about it for a moment: when was the last time you actually missed GotD? Why don't you even remember its name?

5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

How about you try an actual rebuttal instead of trolling, kid.

6. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, honestly, it was a no to your entire comment. I wasn't posting it out of factionalism or anything, I had an honest suggestion based off of playing, and you dismissed it claiming something pretty absurd, so I chose not to answer.

7. yobanchi

Gift of the dead is definitely not coming back.
    Pawn is leaps and bounds better flavor, function, and power wise.
    It is probably still in the code somewhere but I'm not going to dredge it up when a perfectly better option is available that will save time and end up better.

@WraithxxV 40 nora with SL2 added for grip. I'm still thinking about this though.

WraithxxV likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

really not a fan Incoherent babbling.

9. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

So I'm curious why we're dumping Coven from the Hourglass. It's more or less one of the biggest reasons I run it with witches or just DMZ units in general. I'm pretty sure we could keep it and keep it at whatever price it bumps up to with the new toolkit.

10. Fikule

Tbh it has no effect.

If you have a witch out with coven, the hourglass' coven does nothing. The hourglass isn't even a witch, so it doesn't help with the curse duration either.

The only time it is useful to have out is if you aren't deploy any witches with coven.

I am however, not a fan of a non-global effect. I think, if anything, it should award all Coven witches with Forsaken Exploit, as a reason to choose coven on them. I dislike the idea of placing our Sands of Time relic out in the open.

11. OriginalG1

what if the relic cursed temple gained the ability pain cruse, and become a large unit?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  12. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@yobanchi

Because the discussion is currently focused on a solid topic, would you prefer I post my suggested Wurmz changes here or in a new thread? I don't to mess up a good thing, here ;P

13. yobanchi

@Entrepidus Since your suggestions are worm oriented post it in the worm thread and I'll take a gander.

For this upcoming patch I'll probably try to address Necrosis/Wormlord but I'll definitely take your feedback and modify this or at the very least save it for another patch down the line.

@OriginalG1 Thank goodness coherent babbling is on upgrade then am-I-right? You have 3 options... a Discount cheap option, a mid tear defile option, and a more expensive distract option.

@Mercer Skye Ah, fikule beat me to it. Elsari coven is now witch based so it doesn't really make sense unless you run all of your witches without coven. You would need to run at least 1 witch in addition to the relic to have the same effect.

@Fikule Would you prefer it was global and only gave units with coven forsaken exploit? While this technically would give reason to running multiple units with coven it is a less powerful and useful option. You risk shooting yourself in the foot for the sake of making something seem good on paper... or is it forrest for the trees? I'm not good with sayings sometimes.

14. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I'm realizing how silly that was, with Coven triggering on witches. Though I'm still thinking it might help making non-Coven witches a bit more splashable.

15. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

So the truth is absurd? Seems to me like you play against players with a low talent level in this game and all they do is spam haunting grip the entire game. I play spirits and I don't do that, along with a vast majority of others.

Do you play FW or are you just another FWisOPer and feel like you have a right to call nerf on a crappy faction?

16. yobanchi

@BroWatchThis
    Would you still run haunting grip at 40 nora SL2?

17. Fikule

Why don't we have our cake and eat it too?

Witches within x spaces gain y. All champions with coven gain z.

Best of both worlds. You can deploy it behind your shine for a safe coven bonus or deploy it in the field for the witch bonus and most likely a double buff for the coven units.

Gives a reason to run two as well. Could play one safely and use the other for the area bonus.

Could even make the coven bonus stackable, so it makes sense to have two out at once. The witch bonus won't need stacking to justify it as it is distance based.

18. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Is not that i would run because it so awesome like it is right now, is that i would run it because there is nothing like it, but as soon theres somehting slitghy better then that, goes straight to the "caja de zapatos", yeah, in spanish, so you guys learn somehting new today ;)

19. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Two quick random thoughts:

Gift of the dead: I don't think the concept is that bad, just poorly implemented. Removing some conditions and adding a different clause could change it into something helpful and interesting. Maybe: "Hire grunt: For the next 6 turns, whenever this unit takes damage, that damage is re-directed to target champion with the same owner. This effect ends if target champion is removed from play". CD 5, AP 3. Basically, an inverted bodyguard, which I think was the original intention except the developers added many clauses in the name of flavour and end freaking the idea. I'm not telling the developers should try to revive and fix GotD right now, but maybe in a future release they could try.

Witches hourglass: The flavour text indicates Xulos thinks people should take some time to reflect about... sand grains? I suppose is a metaphor for death or maybe the beach, I'm not sure. Point is, if the flavour text indicates something related to time and the witches are all about champion control, why don't we put something that plays with this idea? (Don't get me wrong, forsaken exploit seems nice, is just not very flavourful, IMO.) Based on how many, or how powerful these abilities are, the effect could range from "all witches within X spaces" to "Train <ability>: closest witch gain X. This ability costs # nora". Some examples: stall, prognostication, paralysis, paralyze*, punish, prophetic balance.

*Check it on PoxBase: both are different abilities. I'm not sure if we need both on the game, but still.

20. OriginalG1

what if the relic cursed temple gained the ability pain cruse, and become a large unit?