(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pretty sure they cant have large relics.

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Is xulos statue still 2x2.

Or morins corner.

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you guys have one :|
    (Morin's Corner)
    we have one too
    (statue of unplayable)

4. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I would like a replica of that statue in real life tho.

5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

If it has short lived at all, then 40 nora is too much. Make it 35 and I can bear with it.

EDIT: essentially we're just nerfing it... again... because so and so complained enough. It needs to drop to 35 nora if it is decided that short lived 2 is necessary.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Understood...

Looks like this is pretty much it... There may be another week before everything is submitted.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

cursed temple to gain pain curse. (since being damage is being reduced to 5 damage not crazy)

Worm lord: this unit has Necrosis. As long as there is a champion with the worm lord ability in play, the avatar gains the ability transfigured deployment.

Transfigured deployment: When transfigured the avatars deployment is set to area of 1. This deployment area can ebb with the Necrosis ability as long as a champion with worm lord is in play, to a minimum of area 1.

and creeps still would still not see play out side of few that wandered into meta. just the way it is. Unless worm lord was defined like this, "Worm lord: this unit has Necrosis and shroud. As long as there is a champion with the worm lord ability in play, the avatar gains the ability transfigured deployment." Then worm lord champs wold be all the rage, called op, and nerfed due to competitiveness.

8. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

So we can still ask for more candy? can we fix the bonewing plz? range 1 means he have a special place in the shoebox, can we make it range 3 and flanking.

9. yobanchi

I'm limited to 8 suggestions this round so if bone wing is to be tapped I'd have to remove something else.
    I do have notes here to replace boost with frightful aura or whatever that localized undead boost/dread is called.
    Also by adding invigorate so that it solidifies him as a skeleton support/rebuke key bg rune.

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'm still pushing for hourglass to have bother a coven and a witch effect for double buffing the coven users.

I mean:

1. Witches get an AoE effect.
    2. Coven witches get a global + AoE effect.
    3. Non-witch coven champions (if we ever get any, cough, messenger) would also get an effect.

11. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

It's ok. Haunting grip was just my lady on the side.

12. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

So, we're at Wednesday, and there have not been significant changes to the OP, so I suppose these patch notes will go into the suggestion box as they are, right? By any chance do you have an estimate on when they will get implemented?

13. yobanchi

@Shimaru It's pretty quiet at the moment so I assume that they are still in the midst of tackling the steam and background stuff mentioned on the Q&A. You will probably see that well before this patch gets put in from the sound of it. Then this will probably be the following week after that I would assume but I can not confirm of course so the OP still has time for revisions.

Right now I see the Necrosis/Wormlord as probably changing after @Entrepidus posts that bit on his worm feedback.
    If others have other feedback then have at it and I'll continue to make modifications to the suggestions.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

my feedback is not constructive at this point since I do not feel like I know where the devs are taking the game balance/design wise other than they still like the idea of splits and have wrecked a lot of full faction play despite them saying they like ff.

15. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I should have time to sit down tomorrow (technically later today) and put my thoughts together (been busy the last few days).

16. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Can Dark Knight lose the warding upgrade? He already has lich-born?

I still think fester on the fairy should be removed as well

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Fester on the "fairy" is a bit redundant anyway. Rabid prevents healing...

18. yobanchi

@Demthedark Previously I had dark knight on the list as being witchified changing his warding to Desecrated zone and making him a warrior witch.

Others suggested that other witches currently on the list were in more need of attention for this patch but I can see him being touched in another.

19. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, I am not a witch player, but an outsiders view can be very useful sometimes, so...

Cackling Witch - Very cool, upgrades look great. As a bigtime Nid player, trust me when I say Cackle + Sonic Roar may be too much Awestruck access.

Forsaken Follower - Perfect.

Dark Seductress - Really cool design, but seems to do a bit of everything, tank, damage, gen her own dmz. Scary. I think ambush might be too strong on her. 72ish nora gets her Abash and Domain: DMZ, so mobility on attack, stealth, hit you when you move towards her, and tank efficiently. Just saying.

Curse - 6 is a very long range, as hawk attack has proven. Keep it at 1-4 and drop the nora cost to 2-4 imo.

Elsari Magelord - I agree on the pain curse change. Making him a witch would be interesting.

Witch Hourglass - Nice! Provides spot extra damage, so it may need to be a little more expensive than Snaptooth Crypt.

Haunting Grip - I have already expressed my opinions on this.

Anyways, that's just my opinion on the proposed changes. Best of luck with witches!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  20. yobanchi

Thank you for your feedback, I will definitely chew on Cackling witch and dark seductress.
    Haunting grip my thought process is that per the Q&A with Gedden he mentions that in his opinion Ghost is fine and grieving units have a place. With this in mind I also understand that it is extremely frustrating to play against haunting grip which spawns griefers directly into combat that stick around. Similar summon spells like call of the tundra (45 nora), call serpent (35), Drone Signal (45), summon ant (60), or Summon Trap spider (80).

The majority of the high costing ones are ones outright summoning summon version real champs with the lowest one being call serpent at 35.
    The other ones are temporary large champs that can attack directly and engage but die at the end of the round (so it can effectively block/engage enemy units) for 45 nora.

Adding Short lived to this spell effectively puts it in league with the temporary summon spells but fixes the issue with basically being able to deploy an unending wall of ghost meet that can't be dealt with. However, 40 nora is not comparable for what you get in the other spells utility unless its under very extreme circumstances that are rare. For this 35 nora with it being a little longer then temporary is an adequate trade off in my opinion. Magic damage will still be a good counter to it but it will die weather you have counters or not.

BroWatchThis likes this.