(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

@WraithxxV I've modified cackling witch as a number of people already disliked babbling. Roar was moved into that slot meaning she's more lean but still gives her access to an anti melee build.

Dark Seductress comes off as expensive so I'm thinking her set should be fine. It requires her to get a hit off before her abilities start combo-ing so there's a window of oportunity/delay.

Curse I've modified the suggestion to reduction of nora cost to 2/4 and range to 1-5.

WraithxxV likes this.
  2. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Remember that tanks should be less then 74 nora and range beaters between 85 nora, it wont work the other way around, unless we want to use the tyrant for witches.

3. yobanchi

4. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Dark Seductress with no cost adjustment with her remake will be:

(Skyshear Pegasus used as base for stats)
    No Upgrades (base): 61 Nora

Highest Cost Upgrades: 77 Nora (Abash + Rabid 2)
    Lowest Cost Upgrades: 68 Nora (Fascinate + Domain: DMZ)

Lowest Cost With Rabid (highest cost #1 upgrade): 70 Nora
    Lowest Cost With Abash (highest cost #2 upgrade): 75 Nora

She has a pretty workable cost. People who want Abash just have to accept that she will be slightly over the mark for the exceptional defence it offers.

5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

How can you even compare hawk attack to curse?? Haunting Grip isn't to your liking STILL?! What you find perfect are things that will probably still be underpowered when compared to similar costing runes from other factions.

Please... no outside opinion right now, @yobanchi. That's what got us here in the first place. Don't even take feedback such as this for anything. Focus on what the FW community wants and compromise in that premise. Tired of "outside opinions" chopping the balls off of FW.

6. yobanchi

@BroWatchThis I will consider all feedback and base it on its merit to the best of my ability.

If you think Range 1-5 curse pricing at 2/4 nora for ranks 1/2 is not good enough please explain and I will consider this as well.

I do like 1-6 range as it mirrors hex but understand some concerns regarding the cool down. Give me some counter comparisons and I'll adjust again based on that.

7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

How?, ive never played witches, same goes for creeps, i cant make a statement or an opinion of something i dont know, that is what is ****in up this game, my collaboration is to make a friendly reminder that some witches should be cheap, thats all.

8. Fikule

tbh I would prefer Curse 1 and 2 to have more distinguishing them, because duration doesn't really mean much atm as someone is likely to already be cursed in a witch BG anyway.

How about:

Curse 1/2 [Nora: 2/5]
    This champion makes an attack against target opposing champion within 4/6 spaces. If successful, the target becomes Cursed for 4/4 (same) turns and takes 50% damage. If the target was already Cursed, then this will deal an additional 4/6 damage.

Curse 1 stays at 4 range and loses 1 damage, but now has the same duration as curse 2 and is 3 less nora than it is now. This also means it can trigger its own damage buff (if you are running it out of witches for some reason), the same as cursed 2, but simply deals less.

Curse 2 gains 2 range and an extra damage for 3 less nora than it is now and is actually worth considering.

Curse 2 vs Hex 2
    Hex 2:
    - Better debuff
    - Deals 6 damage without needing a condition (cursed)
    - Deals LoL damage

- Only a 5 space range
    - Would cost 2 more nora (7)
    - Has a longer cooldown (2)
    - Does not also deal 50% attack damage

Curse 1 and Hex 1 are pretty similar too. The idea is, if you run a Curse BG, curse will generally be better in every aspect except the damage debuff, otherwise Hex is generally better.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  9. BroWatchThis

I thought you gave great comparisons with flamestrike and other ranged abilities. Curse doesn't stack so i don't see the issue. It had a 2 turn cooldown, doesn't it? I don't see the issue at all.

10. Fikule

1 turn. (1 round I guess)

hex is 2.

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

You are saying reducing damage on Pain Curse makes it better in witches...?
    Actually, that just makes it worse in everything (depending on the cost reduction the ability might get, though).

12. yobanchi

@Fikule
    Some good feedback concerning curse. I like the range modification being the determining factor between curse 1 and 2. Damage should stay the same at 5 but agree with the duration being 4 for each. 2/5 nora seems fair.

@Centuros Making Eslari Magelord more synergistic with the witch theme makes the rune itself and witches in general better. Right now SP/FW are superior to witch bgs because they have spot global curse instead of persistent curse effects like the current witches. It is also been well known that global damage is frowned upon but can still be present in limited availability.

I'll chew on the feedback more when I return home from work. Good stuff.

13. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I'd also like to point out that 'nerfing' pain curse would actually allow you to buff it in having it on more than one champ.

Regarding Curse, I like Fikule's ideas on the matter. Personally, if it can only be adjusted in a minor sense, 1-6 range should be fine. Compared to other alternate attacks, it still would hardly compare to some of the more overpowered offenders like Hawk Attack, even if if/when they are brought in line.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

hawk attack should be nerfed, not used as the new standard

yobanchi and WraithxxV like this.
  15. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Kind of my point. It's currently getting away with doing so much for so little, and I don't get how we can compare an extra 5 conditional damage on a 50% damage attack (at 4 or 6 range) as on par. It just isn't. But since it's being used, it's easy to see what we currently have bumped up to 1-6 range (at minimum) isn't even close.

WraithxxV likes this.
  16. yobanchi

Updated...

Good points on curse and hex abilities.

Curse rng 1-5 and nora 3/5 seems fine. The low cool down and extended threat range make it a good alternate harassment attack comparable to hinder movement.

Hex standardized range for all ranks 1-5 and slope the nora 3/5/8. Either up the loss of life to 4/8/12 or have the current loss of life amounts go through defense.

BroWatchThis and WraithxxV like this.
  17. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

DUDE. Whoa whoa whoa who whoa. Slow your roll. When did we decide hex fully upgraded was going to lose the additional rng? It eliminates the use of having the different options if it's the same thing, and I only go with good full upgrade hex on my E soldiers SPECIFICALLY because of the range potential for the typically melee unit. We're addressing curse. Not hex. Hex is fine, and also available to other factions. Curse is solely a FW thing.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  18. Fikule

So how did curse end up back at just +1 range and an extra Nora for rank 2 than originally suggested for range 1-6?

We're right back to having no distinguishing difference between the ranks and even less incentive to take rank 2.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    BroWatchThis likes this.
  19. BroWatchThis

Curse should be range 1-6. End of story.

20. yobanchi

I'll leave hex up a little longer for feedback but from what I currently see it will be taken back off the table and left alone as is.

Curse on the other hand is a more sticky wicket.
    What should the main difference between rank 1 and 2 be?
    Right now the main defining difference is the duration of the cursed condition.
    Rank 1 basically is a curse applier and needs other sources in order to proc the extra damage while rank 2 could potentially be run solo source.

Range 1-6 is definitely good and puts it in the realm of hawk attack/flamestrike alt range. This would obviously be a cheeper version say 6 nora.

So rank 2, range 1-6, 6 nora, durration 4 cursed. that sounds fine.

What would rank 1 be? Less range and less duration for 3 nora?
    Rank 1, range 1-4, 3 nora, durration 2 cursed? That doesn't sound very good to me but it does give a clear difference between rank 1 and 2.