(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Unless it did alternate damage and ignored defense. I might use it then. But, the best alternate 'damage' for it would be Loss of Life, but then it starts stepping on Hex's toes....though I don't think I'd have a problem with that.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  2. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

What's CD?

Until this point, I think nobody have suggested to remove the CD at all.

3. Mercer Skye

I wouldn't be opposed. Just get rid of ranks 1/2.

Curse ; This champion makes an attack on target champion for 50% of its damage as LoL, ignoring defense. If attack is successful, target becomes cursed 4. If the target was already cursed, it loses an additional X hp.

No cooldown, no +ap, kind of like how Berserk Attack works

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think it would be too powerful if it was all loss of life with no cooldown. I would make it a magic attack, subject to defense, but the bonus damage would be loss of life that couldn't be reduced. I would give Curse 2 extra bonus damage as well as the longer duration.

Curse 1/2; This champion makes a magic attack for 50% of damage. If attack is successful, target becomes cursed 2/4. If the target was already cursed, it loses an additional 5/8 hp.

5. Mercer Skye

I wouldn't think so, myself. Our Angel's attack is LoL at full damage, subject to defense, and I hardly think that's underpowered. I'm talking halving the damage, and applying as LoL. I hardly think that would break anything.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You also said it would ignore defense. As far as I know, loss of life already ignores tough and resilient, leaving defense as the only reduction that works.

50% loss of life subject to defense I think would be fine too.

7. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

But at 50% damage, will you even have any damage left after defense?

BroWatchThis likes this.
  8. Mercer Skye

That was kind of what I was getting at. Reduced to 50% to bypass defense, and a reasonable bump if you've managed to make curse stick.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  9. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

It would be underpowered greatly. It would deal 2-3 dmg... let it bypass defense like a lot of other abilities.

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Could have it focus more on debuffing:

Curse
    Target champion within 6 spaces is cursed 4. If the target is already cursed, they become wearied 4. If the target is wearied they become crippled 4. If the target is crippled they become debilitated 4. The target loses 2 life for each of the conditions present.

XFurionsX likes this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

^ i think i like that and it would fix witches.

12. Dragos

Dragos New Member

I like this even though it's something very similar to Ferren Focus that was too complicated and removed as a result.It should be simple but very effective.

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

truthfully i think curse is aleady op as you can layover curse and deal additional 5 dmg on elsari covern on top of yhat you can use pain cuse which has only 3 cd all the suggestion till now will make witches over synergised (might be abusive )

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

fair point. but its still my feeling that abilities in general seem to be a way to bypass the algorithm and give champs range, dmg, and spd. im not saying that curse doesn't need love. I just would like for abilities themselves to be toned down in quality as well as in quantity.. The more spectacular you make abilities, the less efficient it becomes to run spells and equipment.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You disappoint me by not being able to do what you decided to. Not that its my problem, but Im trying to help. I've quit smoking cold turkey on August 24th, 2013, and never since then put another cigar in my mouth.
    Did you tell your husband your will is falling apart?

16. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I still have not played a game, so my will has not failed me yet :)
    Hubby knows I still post on the forum and he is ok with that :D

Woffleet and WraithxxV like this.
  17. Mercer Skye

Two problems;

1. Those other debuffs are garbage. You'd likely kill the unit with them long before they actually had enough impact on the match. Let's avoid turning Curse from trash into a landfill.
    2. As Dragos pointed out, it's too high on the complexity. We've entered this era of Pox where abilities are very likely to not do too much, with few exceptions (such as Hold the Line) So, while I like the notion of saturating debuffs on a target, I just don't think anything with very high complexity is going to stick.

18. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

First step to recovery is accepting you have a problem... just saying. Forums keep the addiction tamed for the time being.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, cool. Glad to see you around then. :D

20. Dragos

Dragos New Member

Here's an idea.Why not give curse a random damage over time effect like chilled,scoured,diseased etc. and it lasts based on the cursed duration.It adds turn damage to curse and it also applies the different debuffs of all the other effects.
    And the dmg you lose from not attacking normally comes back in a few turns and a bit more.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014