(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Exhibit Z. Thanks for proving my point. And the reason why this game is failing bad lies with the jackass individuals such as you.

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Oddly enough, Gedden brought Carnivore and friends back in his "consolidation", which is a change I only agree with on Snapteeth (since it is part of Murkwater Frenzy and not a semi-useless standalone).

Curse could benefit from becoming more like Dogpile, maybe. Stackable, with a lesser benefit (nix the -1 spd?), and maybe applied with a basic attack instead of a special ability. Pain Curse is a just about the only thing that makes curse look good right now.

Veiled Flight looks really neat, if it were to cost less nora. Then it would basically be a "please stealth me, you get cookies" tag instead of an almost-strictly-worse flight. It would also need to be on a few units with Phase Shift (for the combo with Insubstantiate, to extend flight after your incorporeal wears off). Would it be too strong at 1 nora, given the myriad of ways to turn it off? Because if it could be at 1n, it could even be placed on things with no means of stealth themselves (or, say, something with the option to upgrade their stealth away), without much problems, as long as the tools were around, like the previous Phase Shift combo.

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Can't comment on everything atm, so quick ones:

Still disappointed Enchantress can't have Bloodbind instead of Blood Magic. It works with DMZ, which she is now surrounded by. It provides her with control, extra damage and extra healing and works in both vampire and witch themes. I can't see why not. Although I admit bloodbind itself needs fixing (why does it still start on cooldown for instance?)

Dark Seductress looks better. Still peeved about losing Veiled Flight.

I think a better idea needs to be thought of for Veiled Flight, because it could be a nice Vampyre ability for instance.

The classic turning into a bat/raven/mist "you haven't seen the last of me" bit.

4. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I giggled. . . really, I did. . .

Thank you for proving you don't actually have a point and are perfectly content to indiscriminately vilify anyone and everyone that disagrees with you. Maybe if you'd bother to glance over at my name before ragequoting me you'd realize who I am. I'm one of the last people you could accuse of contributing to the games current problems. That awkward burning sensation you're starting to feel is what we jackasses call "foot-in-mouth" disease.

The more of your posts I read, the more I begin to regret encouraging you to stick around rather than quitting. If you're going to take a break, actually take a break and cool off. Don't skulk about slinging mud and randomly marginalizing others with "TL;DR."

5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

@mortemdeus I did some volunteer work last Sunday in the Green building so if you were there you probably saw me ^_^.

As for the recent set of posts please bring non-related subject material to personal messaging and keep it out of here for the time being.

6. BroWatchThis

Lol so I post one "TLDR" and now I've been posting that everywhere apparently.
    I have nothing further to say besides wow, Mr. Giggles.

7. Fikule

Couple of Veiled Flight ideas:

"This unit has Accrue and Flying while Stealthed."
    - Flying grants mobility and while stealthed the unit is getting around faster.

"This unit has Swoop and Flying while Stealthed."
    - Runs away into the mist and comes flying back out at you ^^

"This unit has Preparation and Flying while Stealthed."
    - Biding your time to strike.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I play FW about a tenth as often as you play the victim. Which is to say at least twice a week.

9. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Both of you need to get that crap out of the thread.

Ont topic; @Fikule I like those idea if veiled flight was going to stay at 5n. Since it's technically a worse version of flying on a conditional, it should be providing one more bonus. Swoop might be too much, but I like the idea of Accrue or Preparation.

10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Centuros and @Mercer Skye Apparently, we can't move beyond square 1: why the heck do we need veiled flight on first place?

Sorry, Mercer, but that response is, like you said, a cliché answer completely void by this point. We could take ANY ability that have been removed from the game, and start the same case with exactly the same argument.

Why do we need flickering ("at the beginning of your turn, there is a 20% chance this champions becomes passive / loses his basic attack for one turn") on the game?
    "It (...) makes things less stale. (...) It's a flavor thing. If you don't want it, go to play chess"

Why do we need sustain:ichor:poison? "It (...) makes things less stale. (...) It's a flavor thing. If you don't want it, go to play chess"

Why do we need curse? "It (...) makes things less stale. (...) It's a flavor thing. If you don't want it, go to play chess"

Which is kind of weird, you know? Because I see things like BotU being discussed for a change (apparently, a zombie is vulnerable to frog poison), things that have been taken by granted (a skeleton not only can bleed, but also are good hosts for parasites, like the albino fesh) and everybody seems to be chill with it, but for Pete's sake, a cute girl flying whenever nobody is watching is the most flavourful and perfectly reasonable thing to expect from the rune art, so how the hell does Yobanchi dares to propose its removal? You know? Want to know how do I envision veiled flight?

Yes, veiled flight as concept is that ridiculous.

If we consider the developers already stated they're not planning to revamp costs in a wide scale (maybe a case here and there), and their original proposal was to reduce the amount of "sink" abilities, I think we really need very powerful reasons to ask to the developers to do one or the other. Flavour is not one, as proven by countless examples (two words: fading recollection) and balance wise, there is more than one way to made the seductress runnable without requiring to open a can of bugs by modifying the code. Do you want the dark seductress to fly so badly? What would be wrong with just slapping regular old flight on her for 1n?

11. BroWatchThis

So you're not a FW player, my case and point.

Now back to the relevant topic: I agree with Shim. Veiled Flight is kinda lame and should be done away with for something else like vaporize. That should be handed out sparingly though.

12. Fikule

Well, can't argue with the "masses". We should remove veiled flight instead of making it a thematic flight ability because skeletons can bleed.

And it's not about her being able to fly. I don't care if she flies or does the Can Can as her main mode of travel. It's about making Veiled Flight an actual Flight ability worth using.

But to be honest if we are going to start on how logical something is in someone's eyes then we may as well not bother having this argument, because, similar to your objections to reasoning for keeping it, it is just as ridiculous.

We may as well just make it clear:

You want to remove a Flight ability because you don't think it is realistic.

I want to keep a Flight ability because it has potential to be useful and thematic in our faction.

Good? Good. Argument over. Nobody wins. Yay. That saved a lot of useless back and forth.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Mercer Skye likes this.
  13. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Fikule

Clearly, you haven't been paying attention to the argument so far, which is even worse because now you're trying to take the old "I don't want to play this game, and I'm taking the ball with me so you don't play it either!" way.

For the like fourth or fifth time so far, I'm asking for valid reasons on why should we ask the developers to focus resources on revamping and buffing veiled flight. One ability on one champion that from a Poxanthuru habitant perspective, is pretty much what Lisa saw on that clip. What kind of answers I have received so far?

a) "lalalalalala veiled flight should be revamped into "this champion gain flight, X, plus Y while this champion is stealthed, and on weekends it also prepares waffles, lalalalala"
    b) Mercer Skye: Is about flavour.
    c) Centuros: What if we just reduce the nora price?

So far, the best response is definitely Mercer Skye. Hence, my response: flavour is important, but in all honestly, there are things that should take precedent over it, petty things like balance and coding. Why the skeletons can bleed on Pox Nora? Because otherwise it would be a balance nightmare, like the old fs poison theme vs BotU, but this time would be UD blood theme vs race: skeleton. Why fading recollection can cause a fish to drown? Because the developers didn't had the time or resources to code exceptions like flight, aquatic, BotU, regeneration and so on.

And so, does the developers have the resources or technical possibilities to revamp veiled flight into something useful? Curse is an ability that occupies entire upgrades paths on several champions was changed from lame to lame, do you really think they can devotee resources to one ability on one champion that always have been shoebox? Just because flavour? BTW, how the hell does that penguin gag fits into a seductress flavour? I don't remember Sharon Stone flying around on that basic instinct film, maybe I missed that part. Wait, neither Mata Hari was famous for her rumoured flying powers. Even the exotic Cleopatra had to conform to stay on ground at all the times.

"But muh potential!" There is a lot of potential in a ton of runes (there is a lot of potential on curse, guys!), but we don't have a lot of developers to exploit said potential at its maximum, we have to pick our fights. And so far, I have not seen a single realistic reason why veiled flight deserves special attention.

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I am cool if we leave veiled flight left alone. I just was wishing it had sentry two for selfish reasons. i definitely do want it to go away.

15. Fikule

I scanned that. You can argue all you want. I'm just saying not with me, because I don't care.

I disagree with your opinion and the way you make hyperbolic arguments. Done.

Tbh it's hard to even take you seriously on reasonable points between all the petty mudslinging.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  16. OriginalG1

witchs still need a shroud unit, that was such a big help when they had one. not crazy about any fw champs having incoherent babbling, that ability is really troublesome.

17. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Who dosnt need a shroud unit in hes BG, zombies lost mute stalker shroud as well :oops:

18. BroWatchThis

I think they're afraid that FW will become competitive if our themes get a shroud unit. Oh the humanity!

19. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I like the preparation idea.

20. OriginalG1

elsarin night, in my opinion, is one of the strongest spells in fw geared toward zombies. It is under used because it is exo and many ponder why they would use it, but it is an awesome spell. Witch's, even though they can get elusive simalure zombies from elsarin night but witch's are not rush type bg in my mind and do not gain crushing charge from the spell. Shroud helps witch's out greatly due to the lack of anti range and thier low health. Giving a witch 60hp will make witch's competitive, it will make the community hate that one rune. Witch's where so close to runible when ink blight had shroud. I under stand that if ink blight had shroud again, dmz, and blind that would make her Swiss Army knife rune witch is frond upon, but witch's need shroud in my opinion to be functional.