Oldschool Runescape

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SPiEkY, Oct 23, 2015.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Does anyone still play oldschool runescape on android? This is one of the few games I actively play. I play it on my nexus 5... what about you guys?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pedo

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Now now, if I had said I was playing RS3, that would have been totally called-for, and, in fact, I probably would have done it, but the Oldschool crowd is actually all people my age or older, since we're the people that played the game back in the day when we were kids.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pedo bait

Ragic wasn't a kid then..................................

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you must be out of touch

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

touché

Baskitkase likes this.
  7. Saprophyte

Saprophyte Member

Runescape was my first real mmo. I had a couple friends who played back when it was still in it's RS1 phase, but they got me into it after RS2. I moved on to other games, as did they, although they were a lot more dedicated than I was. I came back whenever RS3 happened, but quit again and probably for good after the Divination skill came out.

I haven't played the Old School server, but I have given it some thought. I'm just so worn out and jaded by RS and especially Jagex at this point. Admittedly I have some nostalgia for the game, but man, there's a lot of things that put me off from the game. I love how many skills there are, how vast the crafting system is, doing castle wars, pest control, etc etc. What I DON'T love, is the unending, tedious, boring, monotonous, soul-crushing """""""""""""skill""""""""""""" grinding. I might have a little nostalgia and want to do a Barrows run again, but I don't want to do an Agility run again, know what I'm saying?

In conclusion, no, I'm not gonna ever go back to RS. Not anytime soon. I don't mind talking about it though. I've played it on and off for years, so, w/e.

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Show me on this doll where the bad man touched you.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

sums up my feelings

insert 1000hours of right clicking a rock for skill 99 mining, then move on to the next one

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Pattn199 likes this.
  10. Saprophyte

Saprophyte Member

And to make matters worse, there was 500,000,000 bots you had to compete with that slowed down the process even more and devalued the ore you gathered. Unless you powermined and dropped all your ore, in which case you made no money but got experience faster. Fun times. God bless the living rock caverns.

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Hit me up , x AG x on oldschool runescape...... i'll keep my private on for you babe <3

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

I played this soooo long ago but I'm tempted to start a new character... How is it now?

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

If you played in the 07-08 range, it'll be much like you left it, with a bit of development still ongoing (separate from rs3, of course).

It's still the grindiest game on the planet (with the possible exception of one of those korean mmos or some nonsense like that), but it's still the only game that manages to make grinding halfway interesting.

If you decide you do want to start up a character, feel free to hit me up in-game (same name as here), just let me know ahead of time, so I can set my pms to open.