On next expansion...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djangoguy, Oct 7, 2015.

?

What type of runes would you like?

1. Champs with new mechanics

16.7%
  2. Plain and efficient champs

1.7%
  3. More theme relative stuff

55.0%
  4. I don't mind on new runes, balance shoebox stuff

26.7%
  1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm not a massive fan of Naria, but there were some 'new themes' made recently (ok, relatively speaking) and they were never really finished into viable decks.

Surely that should be where some love goes?

Morfeas likes this.
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Everything for next expansiom was announced a few months ago.

At the current pace we should see that expansion in 6 month and the following just in time for trumps second term

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Check out Ferren in ST.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Not saying.

Just saying.

DiCEM0nEY, Woffleet and darklord48 like this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

There's too many big words there for people to think that.

Durand likes this.
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Why are people necroing all these super old threads.

Etherielin likes this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

These are the poxnora forums...

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Not necessarily, since some factions, such as FW have a very unmalleable bonus. There is always an archetype of cheap meat / attrition which this bonus will be best for.

The perfect example of this is vampires. They have nearly 0 synergy with the FW bonus. In order to function they would need a very unconsolidated ability in order to function, in order to overcome the 0 synergy bonus. Such as "as long as all units are vampyres and are under FF control, units with x ability gain 4 damage". Of course, this is uncreative and stupid, but this is really just to illustrate how a FF thing would need to be changed to compete.

I'm also afraid that giving more consolidation would make certain strategies such as themeless attrition the go to for FW. I apologize for the FW example, I don't play anything else, but if FW had a ton of powerful low nora units, and global relics such as unholy tomb and tome of hate, there's a good chance no1 would bother to diversify.

That's one of my main gripes about the FW bonus, it is hard to design multiple themes with it. Zombies and Worms really have the best synergy with the bonus.