One-Change Buffs

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Feb 3, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

For a list of runes that could use a single change to make them better.

Soul Siren: + 1 speed
    Festering Corpse: - 10 Nora
    Anthropomancer: - Draining Aura
    Draco-Lich: Revel in Misery to upgrades
    Decayed Mercenary: Riposte 1 to base
    Eternal Lich: Phylactery Bound to 37 nora (-13)

Soul Render: - Soultap
    Inkblight Witch: Revel in Misery swapped with Blind

Skeletal Raider: Rider to 20 nora (-25) (Seriously, this champ is surprisingly ass right now)
    Dark Knight: -8 nora (He is currently paying 50 nora for his stats... Also, Warding is redundant with Lichborn)
    Gravewatcher: - Gravetend (which is an 8 nora ability)
    Mairdreth: + 1 speed
    Soul Collector: Swap Life Siphon with Assimilate, with associated -6 to cost.

Any other ideas?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Inkblight having revel in misery go to upgrades,and something from upgrades like curse go to base.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Soul render losing soul tap (since he has soul channeling and is melee)

Netherzen likes this.
  4. jsat

jsat The King of Potatoes

Blind...INKblight witch

yobanchi likes this.
  5. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Defiler Knight : - Cast: Ghostly Visage
    Bonewing: + Dread

6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Absolutely agree with the changes to inkblight, i personally quite like revel on her as it means she can tank and sustain without the use of Witching Hour but it seems most people do not appreciate this quality. This suggested change however allows for me to run her with both blind and revel in place of elsari coven which frankly i think is a waste when you have 5 or 6 witches on the board all rocking coven. I also think dread might be a nice change for bonewing, at least give him something to make him useful.

I have a few suggestions of my own.

High Warlock - Ravish, reduce cooldown by 1 to 2 turns. I don't care that the cost got reduced this ability is still a huge sandbag, the fact that you can't sac summons means that you actually have to make the effort to deploy expendable champs specifically to ravish and the 5 turn cooldown just makes that so awkward to consistently do. I usually find myself using it once a game before forgetting about it in favor of more important things.

Festering Corpse - +1 spd, i like your idea Kalasle but think this brings them into a similar cost bracket yet allows them to move once and actually attack in one whole turn.

Mairdreth - +1 spd, seriously a 90 nora melee champs with 6 speed? also remove desecrated aura and slap the person who gave it to her in the first place.

Dead Fairy - Give lumbering, its too op right now and this is the nerf it needs :)

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What would be the associated cost changes to Maidreth?

I do like your suggested change to Festering. My concern with making him too powerful was that he is the most common form of zombie summon and swarm, so modifications to the champ himself need to be careful. I think +1 speed, no charge, would be a good change.

8. potatonuts

Well if we can trust Poxbase her current Desecrated Aura costs 6 nora and Stat Bonus : Speed would cost 7 nora. I certainly wouldn't complain about a straight swap for +1 nora cost. Maybe not enough to bring her back into a viable state but i feel it is a step in the right direction.

You are right about the corpse though, giving the swarms +1 speed might incite cries of OP.

9. Darkorona

Darkorona The King of Potatoes

Utterdark spectre: On path 1 of upgrades send soultap to base and send Murk from path 2 to path 1
    Lich Magistrate: add race spirit
    Skeletal Lerper: remove surge skeleton 2
    Death harvester: Add race zombie
    Haunting Spirit: make it available as legendary
    Serkan: +1 Speed
    Soul siren: Change upgrade path 2, to ranks of heal mass or heal champion
    Coragh: Give brain-eater back

And thats my FW wish list :)

Sean5056 likes this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Undead
    Crypt guardian- Relic guardian
    Draco-lich - remove revel is misery

Zombies
    Ghoul- Race zombie
    Risen yeti- Race zombie
    Bile zombie- +10 hp
    Mairdreth- +1 speed as someone else stated
    Moragen the lost- remove siren's song will lower her cost by 7 Class witch
    Festering corpse-remove lumbering give him lethargic and +1 speed but don't give the summons the same treatment

Witches
    Arch fiend- remove life siphon change second upgrade path to blood magic frightful blows and bloodlust
    Accursed scrofula- remove summon skeleton it's not needed and a sandbag ability also increase hp
    Dark enchnatress- remove posess give stealth surge shadows
    Wretched witch- remove disease eater put coven on base

Spirits
    Collection of souls- remove soul linked and soul siphon give him an hp buff of +10 and
    dead magic zone territory- for each real champion in dmz this champion gains +5 hp and +1 damage Change him to attack psychic
    Dark messenger- give him incorporal instead of the vulnerabilities
    Soul siren- +1 speed
    Fadewhisp- remove poison aura and give him sunder FW has no viable sunder options range changed 2-4
    Utterdark soulrender- remove soul channeling from base give him phase shift

Haven't really played skellys enough to post on them so that's all i got.

11. potatonuts

errr, why? Its an upgrade, you can just not use it. That said it can provide insane damage when used correctly.

Also shouldn't this be in new rune suggestions? One change buffs = complete overhauls? That is a whole new champion :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  12. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I like the Soul Siren love.... I would love to see Anthropomancer and Necromancer actually be useful as well.

13. super71

Haha i couldn't help myself with that one collection is just so damn bad. Plus you can't deny it would be a pretty cool champ.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Updated opening post with a couple more/

15. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Fadwsisp really needs to lose poison aura and that poison attack could stay but they need to make him worth it. He's a cool troop just needs a little tweek.

General K . All heroes lamia Bloodbinder count and high warlock all need work

Also but race paladin back on the fw troops who lost it and put zombie back on ghoul high warlock crypt guardian ect...

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Fadewisp I could see his soul tap being replaced with choking stench base then Poison Aura replaced with Damage Shield poison.

This makes him a good range unit against melee units but needs support against other range threats.

17. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I'm not a fan of damage shield for squishy sub 40 hp ranged. Would like to see some of his old skills back. I.e. multi attack, charged attack, phase or anything else rlly. He's a rune that's almost there :) he is awesome in spirits and is a good ranged source of tap for new dragons. Just would like to see his sandbag ability replaced with something else. Also I don't think the nora reduction for poison attack happened on him. He's still the same price since after the patch lol.

Nite2kill likes this.
  18. potatonuts

Blood Fiend - Blood Fueled : Change it to generate ap equal to its spd (4) each turn and gain an extra 4 ap through activation.

I think this would be a good change as i often find Blood Fiends in the frustrating situation of having to burn AP just to try and position and remain a threat which can often end up in them simply milling around for a few turns until they are so low the opponent can just poke them for the final blow. Another way of doing it might be to add lumbering as a component of Blood Fueled and have the champ generate 8 ap a turn and take 8 damage to remove lumbering for one turn.

I know a lot of people like Blood Fiend how he is but i think this would make him much more usable.

19. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Give bloodfiend multiattack, that would be good imo

20. super71

Locust swarm to ignore def would be terrific.