Onus of Keirgana

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by angelOFnoise, Apr 12, 2014.

1. angelOFnoise

angelOFnoise New Member

Why does this exist ...just why?

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

They should change it to destroy target paralysed, or shocked champion.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You hate it because it's too strong or too useless?

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I've seen some pretty awesome power turns in 2s using onus...4x onus in 1 turn destroying a bunch of 80+ nora champs. After that, it was only a few turns to mop up the rest and destroy the avatar.

5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

It's very niche. Very very niche. It's somewhere between the best and worst spells in the game, I know that much.

6. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

If you run Onus, you also have to run Ritual of Binding, to prevent Fortification and Transfiguring. Pretty much the only scenario where it works (ish)* is when you can move in close to the foe's shrine and he/she doesn't have many champs out anymore; however, why not just run a Vertical Push, or a Slaver's Whip for Possess 2, or, hell, even a Rock Trap to buy you time, right?

*Zeventrech BGs sometimes run Onus, since, with him, you can easily end a match in a few power rounds with the right setup.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I ran a fairly successful Onus deck a while back, when Clops Hurler still had Create Chasm. Without the cliffing shenanigans, the deck is quite a bit slower than I'd like, but being able to consistently boardwipe almost every game was so satisfying.