Ooze Tap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woffleet, Feb 10, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Ooze Tap is a bit undercosted. 4 nora for what it does? Yeah, that seems like way too little, especially compared to say the acolyte abilities.

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

What about replacing ooze tap with acid acolyte.

3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

No.

4. doubtofbuddha

So +10 to all slags?

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Technically, +6.

6. doubtofbuddha

Poxbase is not up to date. All the Acolyte abilities cost 14 right now.

7. Alakhami

Speaking of that, it's really bad that acolyte is so expensive right now. I mean, look at ruby crawler. It barely has the right survivability to benefit from it. Acolyte has been problem for as long as I can remember, all it needs is to be capped. I proposed this in 2012, I propose this now.

Ifem21, Qucas, Vorian and 2 others like this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I see that hallucinogenic is a problem and not ooze tap........ So far everything about slags needs nerfed except ooze tap lol, if this guy plays sp I don't see how he doesn't know ooze tap isn't the issue at all. Nerf the runes that are a problem not the whole damn theme into the ground further than they already are.

This community is a bunch of trolls and angry kids and that's why adults don't play anymore. @Cydna

Ifem21 likes this.
  9. doubtofbuddha

Ooze Tap is ridiculously undercosted and the fact that you can't see that says more about you than the ability. Compare it to any other healing ability/passsive damage ability in the game and it is clear that this thing is crazy. This isn't to say that the champions it is on are crazy (outside of a couple that were called out here), but I would like to see ooze tap get a hit at the same time some of the slag champs got a look.

10. Sealer0

You're like pede without skill.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Acolyte is 14 until we have time to code change it. Remember that I can't just magically make stuff happen, especially with code changes which take resources that are limited.

12. Alakhami

Ooze tap, like any form of mass healing from damage is problematic. Why? Again, because there is no cap for it. For me the borderline is 8 hp heal. When it goes above that, I want to make love with my opponents mother.

13. super71

Except you know, ooze tap only work if their is the ooze terrain, also only works if your opponent is dumb enough to walk through it. The problem with slags is they gave the theme empathy which is breaking the game on every rune it's on, hallucinogenic which shouldn't be on multiple champs in one theme, and replicate granting additional abilities to it's new summon.

Would ooze tap be a problem if oozing slag didn't replicate and run in circles putting ooze everywhere, the answer is no. Nerfing ooze tap nerfs the whole theme which is what you apparently don't see, when those other runes are being nerfed and then you also want ooze tap nerfed what you get is another unplayable theme until you all make poor sok buff them again.

You guys can't even see the endless cycle you put this game in, it's sad.

Ifem21 likes this.
  14. doubtofbuddha

Sok has done a good job on nerfing things without overnerfing them so far, in my perception. He doesn't always get it right but he mostly does.

15. super71

Sok isn't the issue at all, it's all of you who after he nerfs a few things you guys force him to go back and nerf more Bane Shift in the same themes. If slags need a nerf start with 2 small abilities like hallucinogenic, replicate, don't start nerfing a theme by nerfing it's core structure in ooze tap. If you nerf all at the same time what you get is an unplayable theme.

Ifem21 likes this.
  16. Sokolov

I could nerf one or two things hard, or nerf multiple things more lightly. The number of nerfs has nothing to do with playability, IMO, and is just a distraction.

And honestly, if I determine that something needs more nerfing after nerfing a couple of things, isn't that exactly what you want? Not all of it at the same time?

So for example, let's say we start with Hallucinogenic and Replicate (not sure what's wrong with Replicate, to be honest, but ok). And then it's not enough, then we tap Ooze Tap? That seems like what you are advocating right? Nerf a couple things, then go back and nerf more if needed?

Sphere8274, super71 and Sealer0 like this.
  17. Sokolov

In my opinion, themes are rarely OP because of one thing. It's usually a combination of a few things.

And rather than nerfing one thing super hard, I tend to prefer to term a few things with smaller adjustments. This, in my experience, has the best chance of keeping all elements playable and interesting.

This is also partly because certain things are generally more "visible" as an OP element than others, but may or may not be the actual problem. In some cases, a particular scenario that makes one thing look OP is largely enabled by another thing.

super71 likes this.
  18. Alakhami

Slags heavily rely on their relic gen. That could be the problem: most players, just putting it back and waiting for ooze to consume the map. The way I see it, there's two ways to go with this: either make the relic super vulnerable, or make it lose 3 spaces of ooze upon destruction.

19. Sealer0

Replicate is not a problem, replicate + great heal from ooze tap is another story.

If you look at replicate/split on other units, they're pretty much never a problem (apart from mucker, but that's split + reconstitute). I suggest not even bothering with replicate.

20. super71

Relics are so easy to destroy now already, once again you seem to be missing the bigger picture.