Ooze Tap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woffleet, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Enlighten me.

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

For the love of everything holy people.....this is SLAGS we're talking about. Their "win" condition is getting ooze to cover the map and having surviving ooze tap champs.

A) getting ooze to cover the map is not easy
    B) getting ooze to cover the map isnt even really a win condition, because of opponents range and ability to choose when to proc the damage.
    C) yes, both oozetap and hallucinogenic are probably undercosted
    D) Slags are SP's worst theme by a large margin (besides beasts and fesh, but those dont count)

Ifem21 likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Here's the plan:

Halluciongenic is really its own issue (not specific to Slags), but it's making Slags stronger than they would otherwise be, so I am not planning on making significant changes to slags until I adjust that first.

Besides that, Ooze Tap will probably goto AE5 just like most other things - shouldn't be a huge impact and is more of a consistency change.

We'll see what might need to be done other than that after those changes are in.

Ifem21, Qucas, super71 and 1 other person like this.
  4. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Just give all slags Healing Deficiency.

5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

no just change Ooze tap from a broken ability to allow the theme to grow. Same as witches and witching hour it's ok when the them is bad but it luimits growth

Qucas and Ballballer like this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Once again i'll mention that you're trying to comment on this, without actually have seen this theme in play. Have you seen Dany90 or Yshifai playing them? Or Wolfleet? No? You're judging em on paper or your experience 2 weeks ago? Then your opinion has no evidence to back it up.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ehh what evidence do I need they were exactly the same two weeks ago trollkid, maybe those players you mentioned just had a good few weeks or are good. The problem is hallucinogenic and replicate let's not pretend it's slags as a whole.

8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Slags are the lowest tier in SP themes (beasts and Feshs doesn't have one) and you still want to nerf them? For God sake, that's why we have lots of balance issues. Yes, Ooze TAP is strong and undercosted, but is an ability that only a poor and weak theme benefit from, while needing to have a lot of settings to make it barely efficient. Só pls, stop calling for nerfing while Slags are still weak, adjust Split (to not have Upgrades) and Hallucinogenic, and leave the poor Slags alone, they are allready weak and ugly, they don't need to see the shoebox one more time.

super71 likes this.
  9. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

That last sentence is a little worrying.
    Just to make sure I understand, are you saying that even if you acknowledge something that is too strong and in need of a nerf that you will not be able to do something about till a much later date due to budget restraints?

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, he is saying that Acolyte is strong, but that, because it is only so-so in their evaluation, they can be more efficient by pushing a more severe code change back until it makes sense to handle it in batch with other sets of changes. If something serious comes up and it needs a code change, they can do that, but Acolyte is a back-burner thing.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

And in this specific case, it was nerfed via an easier change (nora increase) until the better change (code change) can be implemented.

12. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

thanks for the clear up