Other online strategy games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Jul 21, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

try faeria, it adds something more on the "ccg with tactic elements" part with the terrain tiles.
    or Cardhunters if you like some old dungeoncrawling party - arena with a nice deckbuilding system.

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

added you. and which game you like most out of all?

3. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Out of all of them, I honestly favour Shadowverse. However, I'm playing hearthstone more now because of the new expansion.

Edit: I'd definitely like Duelyst the most if I was able to make the deck I wanted.

4. Alakhami

I get where you're coming from, Duelyst can be a big grindy. But honestly, I've been playing actively 30 mins to an hour daily for the past 6-7 months and I've almost got a full set of both 300 gold expansions and aside from that a decent amount of solid legendaries and epics from the others so it's not nearly as grindy as hearthstone.
    Although you can get gold without much difficulty even with a budget deck.
    When it comes to comparing Duelyst to Shadowverse and Hearthstone, I think the first is superior since it's got a board strategy to it and because of its aesthetics.

5. Phynixe

Duelyst is definitely something else. The whole pixelated board concept really caught my attention.

However, it is necessary to keep in mind that between Shadowverse and Duleyst (the reason I'm comparing these two alone is because I believe they are definitely superior to hearthstone) it's not exactly all black and white in terms of which is better. I love Shadowverse for its art, card combat aesthetics, voices and its evolution concept (Fun fact: The game is greatly inspired by a mobile game that was shut down called Rage of Bahamut, which was a CCG that had the concept of evolving your cards to obtain greater ATK and DEF stats to use in your team of 5 cards.)

Duelyst on the other hand reminds me more of Poxnora, with the addition of the pixelated aspect. The strategy behind it, the freedom of being able to replace a card in your hand, having a controllable leader that helps win fights, and simply how the pixel monsters look extremely well made.

Comparing Shadowverse and Duleyst would be like comparing apples to oranges. Both are amazing games.

Although, graphics wise, I'd definitely give to Shadowverse. But in terms of versatility and concept, I'd go with Duelyst.

Edit: There's also this new card game that came out very recently by the creators of SMITE. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

6. Alakhami

I had a look at shadowverse today and it looked interesting but I just can't cope with the anime art style in a card game. Don't get me wrong, I like anime, but it just feels weird.

What's it called?

7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

It looks like this is what he's talking about:
    https://hirezstudios.app.box.com/s/p90k1fcdlv40p38epae43izw84po7uzo/folder/12551284202

It looks very much like duelyst, which I really wanted to like but I couldn't get over a clear rarity=power issue (this was ~February 2016 and I've been told that it is no longer that bad but this is a one strike and you're out kind of issue for me) and a general sense that ranged units were more valuable than all the others.

8. Phynixe

Pretty much what it is. SMITE firked Duelyst and this game was made. It's called Hands of the Gods.

9. Alakhami

Looks pretty sick. I'll probably give it a try once I upgrade my computer.

10. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

I got a Steam code for Hand of the Gods Beta if anyone is interested PM me and i give it to the first who does. :)

It has been given away. :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

anyone try Shardbound or Chaos, Reborn?

Shardbownd looks kinda nice

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Just play pox, you will be top 200 when you log in the first day before even playing a game.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

shardbound seems another duelyst like game, like the one from SMITE devs. Its a card game with a tactic component

chaos reborn is Satan incarnated. Its a very nice game, but it has that firkin % to summon thing that "come on it was 95% you stupid game!" ...

Gnomes likes this.
  14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

just picked up xcom 2. now if only I can find a mod that replaces the aliens with liberal 'peace' activists.

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Have you tried the Grand Theft Auto series?

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

tried mordheim, ragic?

17. Ragic

seen it. haven't played it.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i've heard xcom is similar but maybe easier, and also there's a fair number of rightwing / nationalist type weebs in the GW community i'm sure you could bond with

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  19. Ragic

I don't bond with my own kind. I infiltrate the enemy and turn them into my kind.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  20. Phynixe

You. I like the way you think politically. Infiltrate and conquer. Don't expand.