Other online strategy games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Jul 21, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Card Games is where it's at. Strategy is for brainlets.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

New deck for new season:
    upload_2017-8-30_13-54-52.png
    8-0 with it so far. Still tweaking it a tad. Not happy with Ciri and 3x Thunderbolt Potions seems like overkill. Just not sure what to add/remove yet. Went with an armor deck because ST damage is pretty much the whole meta (6 of the 8 games were against ST) atm and all the armor counters it nicely.
    Edit: 21-5 now. Swapped Ciri for Priscilla. Rank #430 NA

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    MaruXV likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i wana see xcome 2 as poxnora

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you mean poxnora as xcom2?

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Let's go then.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

endless space 2 is getting to a playable state with the latest update.

galciv3 is just heaping on the disappointment.

xcom2 delivers. longwar 2 mod adds extra life. war of the chosen dlc on the wishlist till the price drops to a reasonable level.

done with card games.

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Any ETA? With pox looking totally dead and longsword turning out to be too simplistic, it's really interesting to check what you've came up with.

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

SteveJackson Games's OGRE is coming online on steam on 5th october if somebody appreciate that kind of game^_^

9. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

There is this game called Shardbound I used to play a lot. Lately development has stopped, but I hope it respawns soon again.

It's like Pox, 6 factions instead of 8, "futuristic" world, several unique races, turn-based strategy, deckbuilt army, with ranked ladder and stuff. It was made by the Dawngate guys so visually it was stunning.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i saw that and looked very nice but it felt more like a card game with a strategic component than a strategic game with cards component like pox.

11. Andralexis

Trust me, it's every bit as taxing strategically as the very best of Strategy games can be. I've won matches against "pay2winners" (people with high-rarity card filling their decks) with nothing but a couple of rares and a bunch of commons, sometimes snatching victory from a -20 LP deficit and just the tiniest of board presence. I've lost games in the same way, thinking "this is gonna be a cakewalk" and losing by one, maybe two mistakes.

There are "cards", yes, but as with Pox, you battle in a map, positioning can and will be gamewinning, and no amount of exotics/legendaries will let you steamroll a guy without them if he has better strategic skills than yours. The game used to be very generous as well with their cards, but development came to a halt after they failed secure further investments. As of right now, I do play it without investing a single dime (I did before, but I don't want to keep throwing money into a possibly dead game) and it is still nice.

Nonetheless, Pox will be forever the most amazing strategic CCG game ever created tho.

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i never tried it so i speak only on my idea i got by looking at gameplay, but it seemed to me that it was sure a strategic game, but still a card game with tactic elements. for example, units have a classic attack/health system like MtG, small map, few abilities for each unit... maybe its a good tactical ccg, with a lot of strategy involved, and thats cool, but its more "near" to duelyst/faeria than to pox

13. Andralexis

Ummm... yes, I believe you're right.

Shardbound is a tactical CCG with some strategic elements.

PoxNora is a strategical CCG with lots of tactical elements.

Yeah that sounds pretty close to it.

MaruXV likes this.
  14. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Grace of Zordan looks like a pretty interesting game. Comes out on Steam in 2 days, small board but looks like positioning is an important element.

15. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

I will agree about Grace of Zordan looks interesting. Worth a few hours to test atleast

I have started playing Steel Division and i like it. So thats the game that taking most of my time from Pox at the moment. I suits me alot better than stuff like Total war which i like the idea of, but its a bit to much for me. But Steel Divison is really nice suited for me :D

16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Played it for a bit and was thoroughly unimpressed. There were a few interesting ideas in there but that interface makes pox look like a AAA.

Alakhami and sWeNibor like this.
  17. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Tried Hand of the Gods today. The game is pretty amazing. Not sure if I like it more than Duelyst, but it's definitely fun to play with a vast mythological pantheon, although I can already see a problem with new content arise at some point since it's not like the gods and creatures limitless or growing atm.
    Anyways, if you feel like trying it out, you can go through my referral; that way we both get bonuses.
    http://www.handofthegods.com/play-for-free?ref=AidenVII

18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

still another card game with strategy elements, not even close to poxnora. not saying its bad, just different^^

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty