Our new drunken friend

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by JazzMan1221, Jul 17, 2014.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

What's everyone's opinion on him? Let's get some unruly, ruckus-inducing arguments going about him!

For my own part, I like the look of him. Boosts Drunk theme, Dwarf theme, and can even find a home in meta decks. People underestimate the potency of Drunken on Brutes, and he comes with a delicious AOE ability that buffs friendly Dwarves. I'm trying to decide between Scour/Sunder and Berserker/Scour in my Dwarf deck, but full Drunk decks could make good use of another Carouse champ.

EDIT: Just found out in-game that Keg Toss is 1 AP. I assume this is a bug...........?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

For sure

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pretty sure it's supposed to be +1 AP, or 4.

I think it looks great, just wish carouse wasn't an upgrade.

I don't understand what the brain malfunction of Ged/PDC is that they don't understand how choosing a thematic upgrade at an inflated cost and forgoing better upgrades is a bad thing.

I mean, seriously, it's extremely fukcing simple.

Thbigchief likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

To be fair, carouse is a strong ability (no cd, can target self, didn't tested, but it doesn't say anything about enemies) that you only need on a couple champions to work, I think the problem is in what champions were chosen to get the ability.
    and that bomb is crazy, damage, cc and knockback.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, I'm working under the assumption that the bomb will get tapped. It is 4 dc though.

6. JaceDragon

Caruse cannot target enemies

The bomb is cool, it's cd 4 and is fine imo

Edit: Maybe encouraged should be removed

7. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Its seems people don't like the fact he can debuff (I believe someone referred to 30% dmg reduction as a massive debuff:edit oh yeah, the AP thing, but that only really stops them from saving it up.) and buff the dorfs by giving them +1 def and 4hp, and a extra 1dmg and 6 hp to brutes, if they are in the area. After all, we all know how OP that dwarven mead trap is. (yes I know, dmg, KB and grounding)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  8. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Sunder + Scour makes for supersunder like the SL doom before it got tapped. Really like him. Maybe his bomb needs a tap, as Baskit mentioned.

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I would've totally gone crazy about him if he were an SL rune, because of that. Even considered whether I can just achieve what SL does with an IS/X split.

10. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

He already looks good to me before considering that Keg toss is broken.

Sirius likes this.
  11. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

4-5 range is pretty awkward. And with encouraged and sunder makes no sense since you sunder before attack.

Keg toss cool down 4 seems very long for an aoe ability, even if its broken at the moment, it still lackluster in practice. 3 is a lot more fitting. With carouse as upgrade, the drunk dwarf theme is a lot more complex for rewarding compared to other IS themes especially when only a few brutes exist and the dwarfs don't receive real benefit till shatter hit the field.

12. JaceDragon

They recive dmg benefint, enrage 3, this means +7 dmg. And +7 is a lot od dmg

13. Anotherblackman

Its enrage 2, the black label when removed causes enrage 3. Many think intoxicated gives damage. It gives essentially prestige in an effect.

14. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

This guy always makes awesome champs sound horrible. #Zealot

Ballballer likes this.
  15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The only thing i would change is remove sunder and make the aoe not reduce opponent's damage or cause earthbound and he will still be a very powerful champ. Other than that i like them expanding on the theme and he's got some cool abilities. People complain about the bomb only costing one ap but if u want the cost reduction and damage boost ur gonna run him with berserker so he can't attack by himself without invigorate or something else for extra ap. This low ap bomb just allows him to get two attacks off instead of one.

16. Anotherblackman

#upyours

17. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I don't have the runes to make an IS deck so I don't think i'll be playing him anytime soon, but he looks like a ton of fun.

Baskitkase likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What runes would you need to play that deck? Do you have the Hoolies?

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Btw Ironfist Collector is a badass in a Drunk deck. Provision and Equipment Boon turns him into a nasty little assassin.

Baskitkase likes this.
  20. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I don't have any IS, haha. And no, I don't have the Hoolies. I was thinking about trying my hand at IS if it wouldn't be too expensive. I'm a free player, so it takes a while to trade, unless i use the trader which I try to avoid. :)