Our new drunken friend

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by JazzMan1221, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Drunk decks are actually pretty cheap by normal cost standards.
    2x Hooligans, Thugs, Brewmasters, Brawler, Master Axemen
    1x Collector, Euan, Sarge(why is he a brute?), etc.
    Spell Support
    1x BLB 2x Tac Manual
    Banner and Earthshaker

2. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

How competitive are they? I made another thread about IS themes, I might just have to try an IS deck. :)

3. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

So, finally got a couple and had a play
    Keg toss needs to be 4 ap on the attack chain. Really hope the buff/debuff component and earthbound isnt nerfed. Scour +sunder on a ranged unit should probably be a no no.
    Love the attack and toss animations.

Also, as Mark said, wtf sarge a brute? Was a nice surprise, but not really needed/flavourful
    ON a side note, Stoneskin is awesome.

4. Zythraak

Perhaps he's a 'brute' because he whips other dwarves and yells at them?

5. Zythraak

Kinda like a *****y drill sergeant, pretty brutish to me. ;D

6. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I did think about that, and can see it that way but thought that he's more 'controlled' that a brute, a controller and director of brutes since he's giving out the orders.
    I'm not complaining though, a buffed sarge is a force to be reckoned with.

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Keg Toss at 1 AP and not on the attack chain is hopefully a mistake that will be corrected soon. Other than that it is a cool rune for the Drunk segment of IS :)

8. Ginx

Ginx Member

I think keg toss is ok where it is. I can see putting it on the attack chain, but besides that with the 4 turn CD it is not that bad to have to deal with

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Key toss's +10hp seems to stack on himself. Should be tested if all stats are stackable and/or if it also stacks on teammates.

Cause that's pretty sweet

10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Try to compare it to every single other secondary attack aoe ability in the game and then try to say its ok for 1 AP with a straight face again.

11. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

It should probably be more expensive, but it shouldnt be part of the attack chain.

12. Ginx

Ginx Member

Well seeing that this aoe can be used to buff your own champs if they fit into the theme or debuff the enemies champs I would not compare it to most other aoes. Plus there is no dot on this one. The knockback seems random, but the dmg (from getting hit by the keg), becoming intoxicated (dwarves drink some really strong stuff) and becoming grounded (if driving cards while drunk is bad, then flying is even worse) all make sence. And since his base attack is to throw a keg this is just a special one with different contents, but the same as his basic attack. So that is where I can see it being put on the attack chain, increasing for 1ap each attack.

13. srinshee

srinshee Well-Known Member

charged disease says hello...cd4 on keg toss...

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

lol wut?

lol nope

Guys, Keg toss is for sure not a WAI, 1 ap? maybe was the +1 ap like any other bombs or AOE attacks.
    Should be on attack chains? Yes, because this means same nora cost, and his nora cost if good.
    Knockback? Please yes! We have GRE (who need to lost vuln: acid on upgrade) who has rock:eater so 0 physical dmg and instead an heal if you put this guy behind the champ you want to knock back, and this means +5 dmg.

I think Keg toss is fine with this little change:
    - 4 ap instead of 1, which is ridicoulus
    - it should be in attack chains
    - resolve bug which give 10 hp permantly when drunkward condition expiried

@BurnPyro , it doesn't stack, or at least intox doesn't

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ah, oh well