Over efficient champ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by limone1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

If you plan ahead you can completely void the bile zombie with some deafening aura champs, but I understand having to have a certain champ is unreasonable. That being said, why should it be possible to make bile zombie entirely ineffective? I don't really understand the double standard with this card. Most of the game is about limiting the opponents effectiveness and mitigating as much damage as possible. Any other champ you have the same goal, limit their effectiveness. I am not sure I understand why bile zombie should be the one champ that you always should be able to completely void the effect of.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

DiCEM0nEY and Etherielin like this.
  3. edmek55555

I am aware of what you said, but if that is the consensus on the issue, I don't see the huge problem. It seems everyone is complaining they can't completely shutdown bz. I never see this brought up about any other champ. If people really want to shut down bz there are hard counters out there, but I don't see how bz is any different than any other champ in the fact all you can do is mitigate his damage the best you can. On top of all this, people are complaining about bz only in the worms bg, which makes no sense. A rune is not op because it functions well with something else. That idea is crazy. I agree necrosis is too op currently but bz isnt the issue there

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

To attempt their position, the problem is that you can't stop BZ from being really freakin good at minimum.

5. edmek55555

You can for sure, especially outside of worms. If this rune is this devastating, deckbuild for it. You should always deckbuild to cover your weakness. I don't know why people need everything nerfed instead of giving a solid effort to overcome their weakness

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean, yup, I would generally agree with those sentiments. Deck-building counterpoint, if you're talking about direct counters, is that not every faction has access to Blockade.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As a rune, even outside of Worms, BZ is not "possibly below average."

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. Sokolov

No one has said this. They have just said they feel it's too efficient.

9. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Just blaspheme it imo

(ps I am building a blaspheme deck right now)

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Depends on the map. On certain maps, bile zombie is really strong, even in a non theme deck. Map with the 5 from sdz space font in middle, and the font on the south west and north west is strong.

11. edmek55555

Admitted damage can be mitigated, but thats not enough because it still does damage

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

What if Bile zombie were changed to become a small champ instead of a large one? It would affect 12 spaces instead of 20 spaces.

13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

you might actually be ********

14. edmek55555

Being 2x2 is really what makes bz a viable rune. If any changes were to be made, which really isn't necessay, give it easy target

15. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

yeah buffing it seems like the appropriate response

16. edmek55555

Easy target would allow people to take it out more easily before it can be put into a favorable position. Once again this is outside of worms because it is pretty well agreed upon that bz is harder to stop in worms

17. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Easy target is a "negative ability" which means that it makes the champ less effective on the board but also reduces its cost substantially:
    http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/2002

Bile zombie is a unique champ in that your opponent rarely gets to face it as a regular champion, the standard play is to sacrifice it the turn it is deployed. What you are suggesting is a 10n discount that will not impact how the champ plays 9 times out of 10.

DiCEM0nEY, Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

... Easy Target ...?

26 nora BZ?

I should have saved the hatted doge for this occasion.

19. Sokolov

Come on now, I think it's pretty obvious he wasn't advocating for reducing cost.

But as mentioned, Easy Target really doesn't do anything to change the Bile Zombie in scenarios where it is strong, since you self-destruct it anyway before it even gets attacked. It's not a deploy and walk around with it champion.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Even assuming that Easy Target came with a corresponding manual mod of +10, that ability would do nothing to address the situation in which BZ is exceptional (worms, near-deployment drops) and would make it worse in the rarest of instances in which it is already a bad play (staying on the field for more than one turn).