Paladin Deck

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by bolthero11, Apr 26, 2014.

1. bolthero11

bolthero11 New Member

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I will try to keep this as budget as possible.

Out:
    Northern Cross Templar
    Templar
    Burning Crusade x1
    CtE x2
    Ankh of Valdac
    Granite Bracers x2

In:
    Ironfist Minister
    Archangel of Al'Mara
    Blink
    Mark of Redemption
    Might of Ironfist
    Tactical Manual x2
    Might of Ironfist

Runes to Aqquire:
    Attendant Squire
    Veilwalker

Runes to eventually phase out:
    Ethereal Priestess
    Talgar and his Equip

Runes I would suggest:
    Impervious
    Glorious Charge (Paladins have a lot of melee and this spell REALLY helps get in on a power turn.)
    At least 1 Hammerstike

3. bolthero11

bolthero11 New Member

Ah thanks man you have been a great help

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

the good thing of glorius charge (over macadamize) is that it grants ranged champions a melee attack, kep that in mind.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This as well. That and its global >.>

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Really you guys like Glorious Charge more than Macadamize? I thought Maca was better because on certain maps you always have the boost for the Domain: Rock.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

In general Maca is likely a better spell but Paladin's heavy melee presence make engaging without being put in a precarious position difficult. Charge 3 helps overcome this. I havnt decided one way or the other on the two and have only added GC a few games ago but it has won me every game I have used it so far.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Hmm I think I'll try running GC for a few games then.

9. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

10. bolthero11

bolthero11 New Member

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

GC will likely profit more consistently in higher ranks because it is outside of the standard set. As you go down in ranks it's less likely to profit via surprise because everything surprises your opponent. I'd probably want the increased average utility of maca.

12. travis

travis Devotee of the Blood Owl

13. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Replace Mortar Crew and Engineer. Not sure why they're there as they dont sync with anything else... o_O

Trade Anhk for something else. Another Angel of Al-mara, IMO.

And obviously everyone is going to disagree with me for saying this but I have NEVER found Tactics Manual useful in the slightest. Replace with another Blink and a Celestial Spear. Also...why no Bastion???

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Archangel is horribly overpriced for what she does (i think). Tactical manual can be a spot +5 damage which is potentially amazing. Especially on champions such as charger knight. Bastion just doesn't have enough presence and it's too hard and gimmiky to get his CA off. Too overpriced IMO.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Correct on all points with the exception of maybe Bastion though I would generally agree. If you are running Might of Ironfist or Attendant Squire its quite easy to get CA: Devistates off. It all comes down to what you have and what you can afford. If you have access to everything then I agree Bastion doesnt make the cut. But in a limited deck he is extremely powerful.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Ah did not consider might of ironfist... may have to go try that now ;)

17. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Arch angel is the meta replacement for Talgar. While not having shielded and a equipment to make it very strong anlong with bodygaurd, once she gets going in combat with cleave, she can wipe the board in one well planned turn in sync with other champions.

Glorious charge is a large sleeper rune and has always been. It was lost in time when macadamize was global but after its nerf, It slowly started making it back into decks which were melee heavy. It almost always provides a kill when used properly and the charge damage is pretty impactful after 3 champions hit the same target with a Battle drum active.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The archangel goes really well with tales, as well.

19. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

I don't get it with the archangel, back to what tweek said, it seems you can have much better champs for 93 nora.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

She is surprisingly hard to kill. At first glance she only has 2 defense but Arial Suppremacy + Scale Armor means she is next to impossible to one-round. She also can put out a large amount of consistant damage thanks to Charged Attack. Along with Might of Ironfist and Rampage you can attack 3-5+ times in a round (Pummel+Auto+Charged Attack =9AP). If she kills anything along the way she can get a few more attacks in too.

All that aside I would usually not recommend running her due to the price tag.