Paladins

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by aenix, Mar 11, 2014.

1. aenix

aenix Member

Hi all, I quit when soe took over but have come back now desert have took over, I really want to make my paladin deck again.

A lot seems to have changed, could any ironfist players be so kind in pointing me in the right direction to acquiring what I need please.

Champs
    Spells
    Relics
    Equips

All the above I need help with, not asking for runes just a list of what I should be aiming for :)

2. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I'll list the most expensive/hard to acquire runes that are key to a paladin deck.
    Champs: Angel of Protection, Angel of Mercy, Ironfist Minister, Northern Cross Priestess, Northern Cross Fanatic, Charger Knight, Attendant Squire
    Spells: Consecrate the earth, Blink, Might of Ironfist, Mark of Redemption.
    Relics: Banner, Earthshaker, Guard Tower.
    Equips: Holy Blade of Valdac.

3. aenix

aenix Member

hmm lets see I have Minister, Fanatic, cte, moi, mor, banner, blade.

I am currently going through all my runes at the forge but that wont get me the limiteds or legendarys, do player stores exist anymore?

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Poxbox.com is the only one. Instant trades are cool but trade sharks gutted the inventory mostly. Maybe something you want is still available though.

5. aenix

aenix Member

I cannot do anything until my trade ban is up apparantly migrated old accounts are classed as new players and we need protection =/ so cannot trade for 2 weeks.

6. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

You should be able to trade if you confirm your account through your email.

7. aenix

aenix Member

To be fair the last expansion I actually played and knew proper values of runes was the grimlic descent......if I did trade now I would probably get scammed.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Order of Acquiring Runes by Efficiency and Impact for a CTE deck.
    Ironfist Minister - Great Damage, Tanky vs Magic, Power-Turn Enabler
    Veilwalker - Ranged Damage, Support Abilities, Perma-Spell Protection
    Vengeant Knights - Tanky, Antagonize, etc.
    Attendant Squire - Support, Power-TurnEnabler
    Northern Cross Priestess - Ranged, Relic Summoner, AoE Heal
    Northern Cross Cardinal - Command: Paladin, CTE, Ranged
    Northern Cross Fanatic - Tanky, Damage, AoE Awestruck

"Fluff Runes"
    Euan
    Charger Knight
    Exemplar
    Magnus

Use a generic spell set:
    Notables:
    Hammerstrike
    Mark of Redemption
    Might of Ironfist

Relics:
    Warbanner
    Earthshaker
    Guard Tower

Equip: Up to you
    I use Vial

JaceDragon and aenix like this.
  9. aenix

aenix Member

Thank you markoth, the ones I am missing are: Squire, Cardinal, Charger, exemplar, magnus

Can fillers used instead of those until I can acquire them?

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Absolutely. Instead of Squire you can substitute a Dwarven Sergeant with very little noticeable difference. The closest you can come to Cardinal is the Angel of Mercy which is another LEG but if you are just looking for a cheap ranged magic damage option the Favored Nomad fits the bill and also benefits from CTE. You can cover the loss of Command: Paladin (No cardinals or AoM) by substituting Magnus for Ironfist Inquisitor which is an Exotic. Charger and Exemplar are purely fluff runes that you can do without. Fill out your deck with units like Sharpshooter, Scarlet Wing, Militia, etc as you see fit.

11. aenix

aenix Member

Ok thank you, You have all been very helpful I have a fair idea what I need now :)

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Keep an eye out. I am about 30% finished with a comprehensive CTE deck guide.

kilo likes this.
  13. Oblitrix

Oblitrix The King of Potatoes

@Markoth I'm also building a pally deck. Are crusaders any good?

14. aenix

aenix Member

I run a crusader myself not sure yet how viable they are.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Crusaders are a strong choice. Especially if you have the spell and ability support to keep him alive (Righteous Shield and Cast: Despoil) . I wouldn't run more than one but if you do make sure that he is landing the killing blows to get the most out of battle leader.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

CKs, Maggy and Bastion all become important/viable if you run Atttendants. If you can get him, sarge like Marko said, or Leoss monks might even be better than Attendants.

17. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Squire attedants Mobilize all of my paladins battlegroups.
    If you aren't playing 2 in your paladin bg's you are wrong.

18. kilo

kilo New Member

Are the Archangels not "efficient" enough anymore?

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Like most things in pox, its worth it until it gets hard champ removal used on it. I dropped it after repeated doombringer encounters. Too many beaters to choose from in pally's sadly.

20. Disaram

Disaram New Member

I run crusaders, and Vengant Knights as my heavy hitters, With an Inquisitor for support and dmg
    Angel of Mercy to boost healing, paladin commander, and increase range for Bastion and Angel of Protection
    I use Northern Cross Militia, and Northern cross Templars as my grunt units
    Northern Cross Priestess for mass heal and ranged support along with an iron fist minister
    Spells are Impervious, Righteous Deflection, Burning crusade, and desperate heal
    Relics I run a Warbanner and an Ank of Valadic (Celestial spears from NC Priestess)