Pally BG advice

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by idominique, Jul 21, 2014.

1. idominique

idominique New Member

Howdy IS players, I recently came back to box continuing play with my FS hoppers but decided its time for a little change. I know since the revamp, I hear pallys are iffy but the whole Pally CtE bgs look fun to me. Can I get advice on some key rune or a bg for it?

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The most key runes, IMO, will be Attendant and Euan. After that there are plenty of ways to build it. Do you have access to angel of prot? Two other runes I really like are Archangel and Minister

3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Attendant, Euan, maybe talgar but only with equip, angel of prot, archengel and minister are the core of my pally bg. I like also B brothers

4. idominique

idominique New Member

I can get those rune, currently i have zero IS rune but have about 700k in pb spending. well angel of proc might be the hard one to obtain

5. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Favoured Nomad is a good Magic dmg substitute for angels. With favour, impenetrable and tempo shes quite the unit. I used her all the time before I ground my way to angels. Should throw her back in for old times sake.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  6. idominique

idominique New Member

I own 3 other angels so i prolly could just trade someone for angel for angel. what kind of spells and relics am i looking at?

7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I'll list all the standard runes you'll need, so you can choose the ones you prefer. The ones marked with * are the ones you should try to get first (in my opinion)

Spells : *Bane Blast, *Blink, *Consecrate the Earth, *Hammer Strike, *Macadamize, *Might of Ironfist, *Mark of Redemption, Righteous Deflection, *Strip Armor, Unobstructed View, Burning Crusade, Impervious, Instill Panic, Refute, Sapping Beam, Tales of Valor.

Relics: *Ironfist Standard, *Guard Tower, *EarthShaker, Nora mine.

Equipment: Earthgod Sigil, *Holy Blade of Valdac, Soul Reaver/Vial of Holy Water , Granite Bracers.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  8. idominique

idominique New Member

gotcha thanks ever so much, ima start building my deck today :) I just wish PB was selling the exos :/

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Don't forget tactical manual. Pant paladins have high HP and having spot Damage is nice.

10. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Master Axeman with Axeman's Fate, Vengeant Knight, Northern Cross Priestess and Northern Cross Templar are some fairly inexpensive champions you can use.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

NC Priestess is pretty expensive

12. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I think he meant credit wise, not nora.

13. idominique

idominique New Member

Yeah with PB not doing exos such as Euan and limiteds getting half of this BG will be a pain :(

14. Zythraak

I had great luck with mine, traded Sarinda for attendant squire, euan, and talgar. :)

15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

wrost thing you could do ever =(

Sarinda is a LEG and you trade her for a LEG but for 2 crappy exos, and crappy because they are low value

16. Zythraak

I got the squire and the exos...that's 1 leg and 2 exos. All of which I will use, and more value on pb. :p

17. idominique

idominique New Member

well if anyone would like to help me and trade me those champss i would like that alot :p we can go by PB valuez

18. Zythraak

I'll keep an eye out for you! I saw a Talgar in pb the other day I should have grabbed him. =/ Keep me posted on how you're building your bg!

19. idominique

idominique New Member

thanks man means alot :) buddy me and we should play sometime or do a 2v2 pally tag team haha

20. Zythraak

2v2 pally would kick ass! Here is my paladin deck I tossed together if it helps.
    http://gyazo.com/7a851fecd41243370ed2a735106e11d5
    I don't use brubaker bros or the archangel much...but I'm not sure what to replace them with! Windfuries or hooligans would be good options, but well, those aren't paladins!