Pally BG advice

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by idominique, Jul 21, 2014.

1. idominique

idominique New Member

yeah forsure buddy me iDominique, I can make my bg whenever as soon as i get Euan and Attendent. the rest is easy to get from PB. and if someone wants to trade me angel for angels

2. idominique

idominique New Member

Im pretty close with the BG just need cardinals and Euan :)

3. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Awesome! Good luck, PB sometimes has a cardinal, I got mine one at a time from there.

4. Zythraak

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Paladin Commander
    Now has 55 hp.
    Starting Abilities: Iron Will, Attack: Physical, Commander: Paladin and Hold the Line.
    Ability Set 1: Rallying Cries (default), Impassioned, and Heal Self (2).
    Ability Set 2: Command Charge, Command: Heal, Command Block (default), and Command Dodge.

Will he see use now?

6. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Pally commander change is very promising. Range protection with command dodge, rallying cries, commander paladin. Very good for slow melee paladins like magnus, imquisitor and other 6 speeders.
    I will use him for sure. Imo 1 is must

7. Zythraak

I'm not sure, I might take a look at him, but I don't think he brings anything unique to the table. We already have commander paladin on Cardinals, but command charge might be nice.

8. Ulfheobar

Cardinal do not need to take commander paladin. Actually this guys will now have several types of builds all viable for different types of play.

9. Zythraak

True, i'll be picking one up to try him out for sure.

10. Ulfheobar

My mistake. Cardinal has commander on base. But still.

11. Zythraak

I'm pretty excited about the Charger Knight changes. I always loved the Break The Line thematically, but I think it's still better to pick Heavy Charger.

12. Ulfheobar

And now is barbarian. Incite rage on him, with charge 18 dmg on impact gives nice 27 dmg. Nice. And that goes up up with boosts.

13. idominique

idominique New Member

Im going to scoop a pally commander when i can, command charge and cheap meat looks good to me. I wish I could get Aria and Mangus doe. PB doesnt have any :/

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Command Charge without mobility is contradictory.

In order to charge same units you have to attack from multiple sides, or in other words, be spread out.

In order to activate command abilities you have to group your units, or in other words, clump up.

It was on the Houndmaster at one time, I played that with the Griffon Rider in a beast deck and it worked pretty well.

The greatest aspect of command charge, and I think this needs to be clearly articulated, is the ability to give melee attacks to ranged champions.

15. idominique

idominique New Member

Are Inquisitors good? I'm having a hard time deciding to add them or not

16. Ulfheobar

6 speed melee with 11 dmg? i cant see how that is good

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- They are not

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Inquisitor have been "balanced" move on to almost any other paladin mele.

19. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Just gonna say, warsaint is way better than he was. A metric sh!t ton of survivability and heals.
    Also, pally commander is now what he always wanted to be when he grew up.

20. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I do like him, he does have survivability, but he's still one-dimensional. He only has two upgrade choices, three different ranks. If they replace Rank 1 of both trees with something that actually offers flexibility, he would be much more dynamic. Champions that have Upgrade Path 1: Rank 1, 2, 3 and Upgrade Path 2: Rank 1, 2, 3 need more options.