Patch Focus - Buffs/Nerfs

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Fikule, Aug 19, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

It could always be an upgrade path for General K… (Heavy charger, Ground Striker, Black Death) Choose your weapon!

BroWatchThis likes this.
  2. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Disease eater doesn't necessarily mean the unit is necessarily running around gobbling up the contents of random petri dishes when things aren't bathing him in disease breaths. I take it more as their body has become more robust towards infection, and instead of being weakened, it thrives on it. Maybe their immune system kicks into overdrive and instead of just beating back the disease, it overwhelms it and acts like an adrenaline/steroid boost (Translated in game as a heal).

As far as buffs. It took me a while to realize that Ravish wasn't bugged, and that the fact of the matter was that swarm: Festering Corpse (all swarms for that matter) was no longer dropping real corpses. This seems like a rather minor lateral move on paper, but in play it's huge. At least from the little time I've had to observe and test. I'm not sure why they had to become summons, but I would suggest somehow figuring out a way to make them real champions again (And I have absolutely no doubt that it has more to do with swarms in other factions). As with Ravish, High Warlock may no longer have been a zombie, but he was still a viable option for a ranged unit in zombies, since he could (or at least would) have made use of the relatively useless hunks of meat we leave on the board.

And this isn't exactly related to buffs/nerfs, but you have no idea how ecstatically I cackled when I saw Demonologist became split with FW. Now we just need to get our damn Demolich back and I could re-die a happy necromancer. Actually, there, there's a simple buff I can suggest. Re-split the Demolich and give us back our risen demo-badass. We've been giving so damn much up to split bgs, it's time to get some stuff back. And while we're at it, I see no reason why Veilwalker can't be made to split with our faction as well. (Though I'm only half sure on that one, as I'd have to go acquire a second one....:p)

Anyways, tossing more bricks on the wall of text, I'll start in the Legendary section, with it being the shortest, and spitball some stuff.

Wretched Witch - Why exactly does she have a damage stat, again? Oh, right, she now has disease breath. And the cheapest build is 73n. But you don't want that, you run WW for Mindwipe aura, so keeping Coven and taking MWA, she now costs 79. What I think would be grand; Dropping her damage to 0, replacing Disease Breath with Charmed 3, and maybe putting something else there where it was. She just needs to get cheaper, is what I'm saying.

Spectral Emissary - Now, I don't know if part of his cost is a manual adjustment to account for boost, but I know his whole stat lineup and toolkit warrants a higher than average cost. But for his 'best build,' 94n still seems ungodly too high. Take away the 1-3 range and move it to 2-3 (He can teleport anyway). But even then....Is 7spd really THAT expensive? Is it teleport on top of flight? Maybe teleport isn't that important to keep, the flying seems key to his flavor more than the teleporting. But just....something needs to happen to reign that price in.

Venger - He may be balanced, and it might be just seeing what other melee beaters in his price range from other factions can do, but post revamp, he just seems too expensive, and sadly I don't have any idea what I see that could be done to fix it. It may not even actually need fixing, he just seems too expensive for his toolkit.

Lamia - Keep Shrinking Scion as that's kind of her thing.......do whatever the hell else needs to be done to get that price more reasonable.

Servitor - Same boat as some of the previoius. It might just be other factions are just too far over the top right now. 84n (Exert 2 and Impart, to squeeze in that extra round of CD, ftw) seems reasonable to me, but in comparison, it seems like we're paying too much. Maybe Aspiring Servant is costed too high, I don't know. Alas, I'm yet again stumped on what to suggest for him.

Korsien - I'll be yet another stick wielding yuppie beating on the poor guy's dead horse. Something needs to give there. His most expensive build is 92 nora, but I personally think the better build is found at 89n. But even then, I'm guessing it's how much the rider ability is costed, because even expecting him to cost more for having that, I don't think even the cheapest build is reasonable. Dropping Easy Target is likely not going to happen, but it needs to. He's a flippin' tank that gets gunned down pretty hard by ranged units. If he has it because he's a 2x2, it boggles me why all 2x2's don't have it (would make more sense than just a flat 'fatty' discount). If he has it because he's a 'rider' champ, than it feels like a lazy fix. His 'role' is a tanky beater that becomes a desperate, lightning flinging badass when you kill his horsey. I don't know on this one.

Defiler Knight - Is he being discriminated against for being a fatty? cheapest build that sounds reasonable puts him at 90n? 90 ****ing nora? for what? The cast ability? Because is sure as hell can't be for the rest of the toolkit and stat line up. I'm just boggled, He costs nearly the same as Korsien, and there's no way he sticks to the board even half as well as Nerfsien does.

Apprentice seems fine for the most part, but if Leverage is still costing the unit 10n to refund 10n, it's ****ing pointless. Still more expensive than a 5spd utility champ should cost, I think, but whatever.

Bonewing - I might be one of the few fans he has post revamp, as I always ran him with rebuke. But he's yet another 'Why am I paying 70 something nora for this' champ.

The rest of the Legendary set as far as I can see it is properly priced, and none of it from what I can see really looks all that OP. Still not sure I'd want to spend up to 93 on our Aspect, but now that Death Knell isn't some gimmicky nuclear device, it actually seems pretty potent.

But, for me, the biggest thing is returning FW more to its roots if the intention is for us to be a 'slow burning' faction. Melee across the board needs to become a bit cheaper, our ranged units a touch more powerful, and adjust support as needed after they revamp it.

Enough for the first wall of text. I'll pick through the Limited/Exotic section next, I guess.

3. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

If Fist of Bastion doesn't have it (one of many examples) then why should Korsein? He should also honestly be a hero.

Edit: easy target that is.

4. Mercer Skye

I think the 'reasoning' I think is that one; He's a rider champ, and two; He's a 2x2 to start. Not that I agree with that, but that's what I think is why Raider and Korsien have Easily Killable...*cough*, sorry, Easy Target. Bastion slides through as he's not a rider, and also seems to have a anorexic horse that allows him to stay 1x1.

And I can get behind him being a hero. Not that it wouldn't make sense to be able to raise him straight away after going down once, but I don't see any reason why we have to restrict factions to 'trios' of heroes. Granted, not every faction would come out even I think afterwards, but whatever, fill in the gaps later.

Oh, and still working on the limited/Exo lists to spitball some ideas, might finish it up tonight or possibly tomorrow

BroWatchThis likes this.
  5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Fist of Bastion does not need a discount.

6. Mercer Skye

Technically, neither did Raider or Korsien, but somehow they got a discount ability, but they didn't get anything to fill in the gap, or just a flat out discount. I think most are just chalking it up to a 'rider tax,' but it seems rather silly since they weren't exactly breaking the game in nora efficiency to start with.

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Anyone know off hand General K. off his horse stats/abilities? Will have to test when I get home form Work.

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Mounted:
    Dam 10
    Speed 6
    Range 1
    Defence 1
    HP 45
    Attack Physical
    Charge 2 (1+3 upgrades)
    Resist Magical 2 (1+3 Upgrades)
    Boon
    Bloodless
    Easy Target
    Dark Rider

Dismounted:

Dam 10
    Speed 6
    Range 1
    Defence 1
    HP 42 (So 3 less than mounted)
    Attack Electricity
    Boon
    Bloodless
    Resist Physical 2
    Resist Magical 2 (I think this will be the same level as you have upgraded it to, but I am not sure.)

9. cyphedias

cyphedias New Member

corpse a pult make it more expasinve but endless hitting

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

perhaps unequipable should be a condition of incorporeal in general. any equip present when unit becomes incorporeal drops to the ground as a relic.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Unfortunately, every equipment rune that has this behavior has to have several parts:
    • equipment rune (already exists)
    • relic version of the rune
    • code for the relic version of the rune

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

well the easy fix would be to send the equip back to the runedock then. perhaps not on cooldown?

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Just use the mechanic from Disarm. It goes back to the rune dock on a 2 turn cooldown. That way there is more consideration given to equipping a champ that may become incorporeal.

Ragic likes this.
  14. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Hey yob there are some awesome ideas on this thread and I hope your checking em out :)

Buff list

Dark knight.
    Awesome staple hero of fw. A few years ago we even voted to get him buffed. So many memories of this guy. Would like to see him at least respawn where he died or not drop a nora ball. Champs with two forms are hard to cost.

General k.
    Same as above. Hard to adjust Champs with 2 forms. Would love to see new upgrade paths at least....

Mind thief creeper. Needs psychic ping again bad.

Defiler knight. Not even sure why he cost so much? Great rune art and sprite terrible stats ect.....

Anthropancer. Would love to see him lose divine favor and expidite or whatever and see liches get a good melee beater/tank.

Flesh blight helm. Cost reduction at the minimum. Could include "equipped champ gets race ZOMBIE" :) could also make aura 3 resist 3.

Change ghoul and crypt guardian back to race zombie please..... change fw paladins back to paladins and if there is time rework venger.

NERF list.
    Dusk creeper......

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014