Payment Methods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morfeas, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

We've already acknowledged that PayPal and Credit Cards as our only payment options is not sufficient but it's simply what we could support given the time we had. Remember, this is just a start. Since it appears Paysafe is a popular option we'll be looking into supporting that as soon as possible, as well as any others the player base deems worthwhile. It's obviously in our best interests that you can pay us as easily as possible. :)

Morfeas likes this.
  2. glocktower

glocktower New Member

the only use for bitcoin is for drug dealers now haha

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Bitcoin can be used at no risk for the shop owner by directly trading them away and taking them in at the selling rate. If thats your cup of coffee, anyway.

4. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Not sure if already said but what about mobile payment? eg Boku and such like SOE used

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

They have been brought up and may be considered in the future I believe.

6. Boss

Boss Member

maybe new. i just seen that just now...

7. ElCamaleoncito

ElCamaleoncito The King of Potatoes

Although there has been some bad news about it, Bitcoin will still exist and will most likely continue to rise its price. Implement Bitcoin as payment can only have positive consequences: More international customers and more popularity. I understand that not a priority, but it is good for any company.

Meanwhile I will use paypal, it is easy and I have an account.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  8. stfn

stfn Member

Good one. ;)

For those of you that think Mt. Gox or Flexcoin marks the end of Bitcoin, you do not understand Bitcoins. The currency was never meant to be stored in an exchange, it is inherently a trustless currency as described by Satoshi Nakamoto.

A lot of big corporations are transitioning into accepting Bitcoins as payment. Overstock, Tiger Direct, and Tesla have already begun. There are also ways to use Bitcoins to purchase from Amazon or other huge retailers.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/what-companies-accept-bitcoin-cm323438
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...in-to-shop-at-amazon-home-depot-cvs-and-more/

Maybe you know more than two-time chairman of the Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke who said Bitcoins "may hold future promise" along with a slew of renown economists. Who knows.

Although the Bitcoin is currently in its infancy and has its flaws, the protocol will be the basis of the future's digital currency.

To contribute to this thread, adding Bitcoin as a currency will undoubtedly increase the playerbase. The Bitcoin community support businesses that accept Bitcoin unconditionally. A game as calculated and strategic as Poxnora would be a good fit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

how bout a barter system. you guys give me runes, and in turn I give you my time and make your meta more interesting and competitive for those who need to spend money in order to be so. as of now, I find your f2p system a bit stingy.