PC4 Patch Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

The reasons I like it are three-fold:
    1. It's a one - off trigger sort of like aggressive, but superior than it in the sense that you can control it on your own turn.
    2. It counted as a basic attack so it triggered Dispersal.
    3. This fact was actually one of my favorite bits around her and it worked well with the imps knockback and other mechanics - also why I really miss Deceiver's Hallucinogenic.

I do however agree that the lack of 1-2 range makes it less desirable. I'd want that back more, she's mostly support and engaging is to be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

Side-note: is there anyone who wants to see the pet done away with altogether?

(Full Disclosure: there are only two champs I partially 'designed' pre-release and it's her and Korona - I recognize that we may want to move away from the old design and am open to that)

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

As much as i love the imp pet ..... i will not stand in the way of progress.... they may kill the imp..but i expect good tools in return and not a shtty support or beater or whatever they gonna stick us with

They can tell UD what it can't have all day , but what we do get to have.......we get it done right

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

as I said in my previous post, I dislike the pet mostly because it's a huge nora cost. While it does add some support with knockback, it just doesn't really matter much to me and seems weird on her besides having one in her art.

Now for the bloodseeker on mino, only reason I can get a sense of why it's on him besides for his buff, maybe he just likes the smell of blood and uses his teleport abilities to get closer, or just can smell the blood and then pops over. Idk.

4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I vote for killing the imp on bloodguard

5. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I will only speak on what I play. Agree to the dimension shift nerf. Support TODO removing bloodseeker due to thematical relevance and gaining something else.

Curious about any plans you have for Prince Malandur since you listed him as a possibility. What are your thoughts on him?

Additionally, I think the problem with stitched is rooted in the theme's huge reliance on Tyrant and don't think buffing First will be more than a temporary fix. At the least Tyrant probably needs looked at for the crutch that he is before the rest of the theme is evaluated.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Updated the original post with an imp vixen suggestion.

Also provosionally added def. Strike to blood guards upgrades, still thinking about that path.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

are we voting for the 8th champ spot? If so, I vote arbiter.

8. badgerale

I'm not doing anything formally democratic here, but opinions are definitely noted.

9. badgerale

I've been looking at the arbiter, I honestly can't see anything wrong with her design except that counter attack range isn't worth 14 Nora - the same price as arrow eater. With it being a double edged sword due to various sorts of deflection, I probably wouldn't pay more than 7 for it.

I think I'll just ask for a recost of the ability, or failing that a manual adjustment of -7 Nora.

Would you run her at 83 Nora?

edit- I've just thought that I should look at greater pitspawn since i've been saying I want to change him for ages. Also how about a buff to a crappy spell for variety - mindstorm could use -10 nora or lava trap maybe - that is laughably bad.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  10. FurionEvul

FurionEvul The King of Potatoes

Norafire Elemental and Magma Elemental should get fire eater or immunity fire.
    Would be great if they add lava generator. There are ice, sand, rock and more generators, but why no lava?
    Why there are no bost: demons and adaptive: UD abilities?

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

yeah, it's mostly been the cost for arbiter that makes me not want to run her. 83 is pretty good imo, but if you get a decrease in cost, that could potentially make some other champ with the ability a little OP don't you think? I don't know everyone else opinion on it, but I don't know if she really needs it on her. just my opinion though, you're the big boss.

@FurionEvul Lava gennie would be OP. If you really want a lava gen in a sense however, try out lavaspout.

12. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

There's no boost: demon because that would imply a flavor of demons working together (which they don't do). Adaptive might be possible but it's a pretty uncommon ability as it is, we're not the only faction without it. As for Lava generation the reason we don't get a lot is because Lava is the most impactful terrain type in the game. It causes 8 damage per turn and per space moved while also allowing a decent number of UD champs to heal on the same conditions. That said I would assert that some Trail: Lava wouldn't be remiss on Magma/Norafire Elemental (replace Terraform?). But lava should never get things like lava veil or anything like that. If you need lava generation try lavaspout or scorch the earth.

13. badgerale

Looking at the other champs which have the ability (link), Barbarian exempler, Frostwing glaive, Leoss Magnate, are concerns - though I don't know if these champs are good at the moment. I guess the alternative is to substitute it with another ability, it just that it seems to work flavourwise.

14. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

8 fire damage is damage from deep lava where as 4 fire damage is caused from shallow lava. The trail lava ability and lava fall causes shallow lava. lavaspouts ability lava front causes deep lava to happen.

The problem with lava BG's is that most of the units have vulnerability frost which is pretty much an entire faction that uses that and of course the racial ability from salamanders. It would be more contestable without those faults.

15. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Magma Elemental needs to get Fire Eater.
    After all, it is solid magma, getting hotter could only help it.
    Somehow it doesn't even have resistance. I seem to remember that Immunity used to be an upgrade...

I feel like something should be done with Deep Leviathan. Cataclysm is fun, but can't realistically be used outside of campaigns or super combo decks, meaning it is usually a 20 nora sandbag. It doesn't help that he lost his second point of range and a rank of Attack Charged in the revamp.
    Perhaps remake Cataclysm to be a smaller-impact ability that is easier to use? Maybe an on-death global like Firemaw has, or a Charged Annihilate if he is still to use charges?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  16. badgerale

Lava Trap.

This relic is easily the worst trap, and has been so crappy since release that i never even considered it for a buff.

Old: This relic is deployed stealthed. When an enemy champion moves within 2 spaces of the trap, the relic is destroyed and enemy champions within range take 8 Fire damage and become Charred 3. This damage ignores DEF. The location of the relic becomes lava for 5 turns.

New: This relic is deployed stealthed. When an enemy champion moves within 2 spaces of the trap, the relic is destroyed and enemy champions within range take 8 Fire damage and become Charred 3. This damage ignores DEF. Two squares surrounding the relic becomes deep lava for 5 turns.

Might be able to set up some damage as careless enemies walk through the lava, or use it to protect something, or trap an enemy, as the lava is impeding.

Mindstorm

Cost from 45 to 35. Pretty simple. This is one of the few effective NoKahnDo counters, would be good to let it see play.

The more I think about this the more crappy runes I see, so the list of things i'll have to put by for the future is growing.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  17. Yourmom

I like this idea. I think that we could work with this. Maybe instead of doing something so detrimental globally it just applies something like vulnerability fire or even charred 5. Charred 5 would happen more frequently where vulnerability would be harder to optain but easier than 40 global fire damage. I love Cataclysm but it's sooooo hard to pull off. Anyone can see it a mile away. Furthermore I would like to see Deep Leviathan as a tank. UD should have these stand alone tanks like Fire Giant that absorb damage in a specific spot on the map while all these other champs fly about or wreak havoc amongst the other parts of the map. I like him with scale armor. Maybe instead of attack charged he gets abuse charged(that's more ud's style anyways) and Cataclysm when used causes Vuln Fire globally for 3 turns. That's probably pretty demanding coding wise.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  18. Yourmom

The reason why we have so many crappy runes and relics that we don't use is because we have so many powerful spell that we have just gotten used to. The meta runes that won't change in UD unless we do something about it. For example: shatter, demolish, fading recollection. These things are auto include in most BG's you can interchange them depending on your champs but we've gotten so use to them that it's hard to see past them. I say, let's let these hard counters go. Let's develop as a faction rather than just sticking to what is strong. I see other factions that have so much versatility.

I've noticed what people have been playing with UD. It's a lot of the same thing. In fact this is UD meta right now: http://www.poxbase.com/deck/coIcfVc...pxc1vs4@s7Fs2ls2Hs7dsOsAsDs1lr3TrFr20eNe2ge2K
    Of course these runes are interchangable but i gaurantee there isn't a good UD BG with atleast 50% of these runes listed and if we are trying to get out of meta then we should reduce this down to 10%.

19. badgerale

Is that not true of all factions? FS has bubble, fumes, font eruption, corrode, horn of order, hippo party and landcannon. FW has mobi, anathema, steal life, domination, haunting grasp, unholy tomb, tome of hate.... i could go on, but each faction has a set of non-champ runes which provide them the best toolset. I'm not sure UD is any different from the others.

If people would like to mix things up, I'm not opposed to nerfing some staples, although from the sample deck you gave me I'm only seeing sac, retri, fireblast, demonshield and FR, which are 1x auto includes. Of these sac and retri are amazing flavour runes, I would be loath to touch them. Fireblast is run, not because it is especially good as AoEs go, but because it is our only real direct damage AoE,and worse than the equivalents in other factions. FR is already so expensive that it isn't played half the time - it could possibly gain a duration.

Of the others, maddening echoes already got taped, head of osarus got nerfed, of the others tinderbox and demonshield could take a hit.

How do you feel about +10 nora on demonshield?

20. Yourmom

You're right there are a limited amount of spells for each faction and some spells are stronger than others. I think that UD has been nerfed quite a bit in the range department and I don't think that nerfing demonshield would make things easer when playing against range. When you have these auto include rune(specifically champions), in order to compete with other factions, it hurts our ability to create themes or even to become innovative and try new aspects of our faction.

Maybe 8 range is too much to handle for UD.