PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I figured this was likely the case hence the distinct lack of table flipping ;)

I don't agree that this patch will help Faeries much (Fragile Flight is a nerf in my eyes), but I certainly think Garu will be worth considering, again. I'll post some ideas for Bowmage and other less popular champs sometime tomorrow.

2. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

Few more BUFF suggestions (to come):

Elven archer:
    "The centaur shoots with raw skill and force unparalleled, but the elves augment their aim through their studies of the wind."

Current state:
    68n, 9/6/5-7/0/34

Base: attack arrow
    Path1: barrage 6/12/15
    Path2: sentry 1/3

Alternative:
    70n ~ 86n, 7/6/5-6/0/40 (-1 range, +6 hp) > (+6hp = +5n so I reduced the range for more hp, -2dmg = -4n)

Base: attack arrow,
    aim (+8), cripple (+3), defenseless (-7)
    Path1: barrage 6/12/15
    Path2: piercing shot 3/7/12

Reasoning: A shoeboxed champ with almost no abilities, low stat, but nice range. Unlikely that it will ever be used in it's current form, so I propose this change. From the text I would say she's a champ that takes out single targets with precision and accuracy. So I saw her more like a sniper kind of champ.
    The abilities 'aim' and 'cripple' suite the flavor the text and the abilities in the paths to do high damage to snipe away targets.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Honestly, the only thing I see wrong with Falconer is the ability Hawk Attack itself. It is better than most of those type of abilities. For Elven Strategist, he could use another change. I do believe Gedden put a manual cost adjustment on it a while ago, so keep that in mind when nerfing.

4. Wroniec

Wroniec New Member

buff Garu !
    and can you you look at Dragonbark Protector i didn't see him in not even one game.
    I could be wrong but i think hes not ok...

5. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I see him all the time, in skirmish. Everytime I see him I smile. He takes SSSSSOOOOO long to form that the AI might as well have cliff dived another champ.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Exactly did you see my changes to hawk attack do you think it is better?
    Also people raging about him getting 20 dmg but we can do anything about it cause we have a ridiculous amount of boosts
    Domain: vegegetation +2
    Command elf +1
    Warbanner +1
    Battlemaster +2
    motivate +1
    Horn of K'thir +5
    Bestial Presence +2
    battle hymn +1 and 2 ap
    improve damage +2
    total : 117 dmg boost
    I'm sure i'm missing some but if you can manage to run atleast 2-3 of the campions above getting 20 dmg with hawk attack is easy

if you just did hawk attack without all boost you only do 14 dmg + 6 DOT dmg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  7. enuff

enuff The King of Potatoes

I am running Elven Archer since the revamp and really like her :) Really, she does not need a buff.

I don't like taking collossal away from boa, since it was (one of) the first champs with this ability and it really suits the champion. Maybe the ability collossal is what needs to be looked at. Same goes for Falconer - hawk attack is too cheap and that's what makes the champion too efficient. No need to nerf the champ when it is possible to adjust the ability :)

oh, forgot to say thank you for your effort Karma ! :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nevermind

9. Xirone

@Karmavore
    Would you try to add a fix to Fairy Flight in this patch? FF gives Flying instead of Flight (Sentry is a pretty big omission).

10. Xirone

I used to think Elven Archer was super boring. She still is but is super effective!

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Or keep colossal on him and take away all regen ranks and tough ranks.

12. TinyPickle

I don't mind if they take collossal off, aslong they give him something equal in return like scale armor + def/tough/etc.

13. Xirone

I'm assuming the nerf to Colossal was the way Gedden wanted to deal with that champ. Maybe it is off the nerf list now?

14. TinyPickle

Why are even talking about changing boa again? He's not "bad" right now. I rather focus more on champs like elven archer.

15. TinyPickle

Oh and don't forget the tree's, they need some work.

16. Xirone

We're not talking about Colossal Boa much, I bumped this thread from a while ago. I think Colossal Boa is done with for nerfs/buffs. Also, I like Elven Archer how she is. Her Sentry upgrade path is pretty boring but there are much more worthy subjects for changes.

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

For a while I thought the same thing too Xirone but, the "Sonic flight/Arctic flight" from my recollection is also missing the "Sentry" aspect of the regular "flying" ability.
    As it stands now, I think this was intended on Geddens behalf when he plugged in the changes. Adding sentry would bump of the discounted price making FF, more of a nerf than I buff.

I'm kinda torn on what to change atm, the council is trying to generalize patches now rather than - "SL is going to buff x2 runes and nerf x3, while FW is buffing x4 runes and nerfing x1"
    We're trying to move into a zone where we have focused patches like X number of runes are being changed, and there's room for one "freebie" buff. At least thats the general perception behind doors atm.

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Also I believe at some point we'll be cleaning up any rudimentary/boring upgrade paths, so this would mean a major overhaul for a lot of runes. Rune like Elven Archer included.
    But as we're used to it's in the land of "Possibilities."

Entrepidus likes this.
  19. Xirone

To be fair, though, let's compare the various abilities...

Flight (6 NORA): Flying + Sentry 2 (3 NORA)
    Flying = 3 NORA

Sonic Flight (8 NORA): Flying - Sentry 2 (3 NORA) + Vulnerability: Sonic (-3 NORA) + Evasive 1 (3 NORA)
    Flying = 5 NORA

Arctic Flight (8 NORA): Flying - Sentry 2 (3 NORA) + Resistance: Frost 1 (1 NORA) + Immunity to Chilled and Frozen (0? NORA)
    Flying = 6 NORA

Fairy Flight (1 NORA): Part-Time Flying - Sentry 2 (3 NORA) + Part-Time Defenseless (-3?/NORA)
    Part-Time Flying = 6 NORA

It is hard to put an accurate estimate on how much Part-Time Defenseless should subtract from the cost of Fairy Flight but -3 sounds about right to me (this is over half the cost of regular Defenseless which is -7 NORA). The Flying Condition, which the Fae can lose, costs about double what it would for regular old Flying on Flight (which the champion doesn't lose).

I do like Fairy Flight, don't get me wrong, but the math shows a very inconsistent pricing for Flying. When I came up with this particular version of Fairy Flight, I suggested it cost 1 NORA assuming that it would keep Sentry 2.

At any rate, it isn't the biggest issue in the world. Cheers!

20. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@Karmavore, @Xirone

As long as Fairy Flight doesn't provide Sentry 2, it's a terrible sandbag of an ability in my eyes. I consider it a major issue as it takes what I already see as a liability and removes the expected compensation of Sentry 2. I was willing to give Fairy Flight an honest go of it, but that was only after my original concern that it wouldn't provide Sentry 2 was assuaged. If Fairy Flight is unlikely to regain Sentry 2, I am very likely to start asking that it be reverted or replaced with a different take on Fairy-like Flight.

chickenpox2 likes this.