PCR5 Suggestion Thread (illustrated edition)

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Shivanic

Shivanic New Member

how about increasing the nora cost by 3 and giving her the poison 1 on her first upgrade path, so that people who use her in maxx decks can still fetch her if they downgrade the multi attack and poison?

hell, if you add berserk attack rank 1 on the first upgrade path, then increaseing the nora cost of the beckon by 6 would be viable.

part of the reason the priestess is good is not only does she beckon, she beckons cheaply, if we increase the cost of beckon while giving the option to still remain cheap, then that would still be a nerf, but a nerf that can be tolerated.

right now, if you only increase the cost of the priestess by only one, it's a sizeable nerf cause then maxx can no longer fetch her under any condition.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

I like the idea of making him viable but we have to be careful with Deep Leviathan because if it is too easy to get Cataclysm then it would be the most OP rune in the game. I think 5 speed is good for him for this reason. I do agree with the range changing back to 1-2 though. Since he is a larger target it's hard to get around units to make your attack. One of the most frustrating things is that he is countered easily by many spells. So I think that giving him warding might be a good thing.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@badgerale Had a thought to give UD some Anti Summon, in a different form than Stitched Anathema. While enhancing the flavor of a rune.

Puppet Master Can he gain an ability that lets him control all summons in an AoE3 around himself? It would work like Tame Beast. Where the user is paralyzed for the duration. Name it Control Summons, or Puppeteer? Getting rid of that annoying Dread ability giving it to Nefari Griefsinger, or Painbearer instead?

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I like dread on him, thank you very much.

5. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Really not a fan of upgrade path 2,, and part of the reason I suggested keeping 5 SPD is because I moved her to 3-4 RNG. I'd recommend the following:

Deep Elf Temptress - [10 DMG | 5 SPD | 3-4 RNG | 0 DEF | 40HP]
    Path 1 = Entangling Attack | Hallucinogenic | Punish
    Path 2 = Charm 2 | Confuse | Restraining Aura
    Base = Attack: Magical | Distract
    (Default upgrades = Punish + Charm 2)

Mixes in abilities from my suggestion to improve upgrade path 2 and adjusts her range to something more comfortable for 5 SPD.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This is a good point. It would be a shame if maxxerek decks picked up a double collateral nerf.

She could either be as is for 71 nora, or 6 speed for 63.

7. badgerale

Made a few tweaks to the pitspawn and temptress, would you run these?:

Greater Pitspawn

18 dam | 6 speed |range 1-2 | def 2 | 68hp
    upgrade path 1: Fear 2 | Horrific Aura 1 | Terrify
    upgrade path 2: Crushing Blow | Clamp | Slam
    Base: Attack Physical, Colossal, Immunity Fire, Titan, Death nova fire 4

HA and crushing blow build would be 109 nora.

---------------

DEEP ELF TEMPTRESS

8 dam | 6 speed |range 2-3 | def 0 | 40hp
    upgrade path 1: Punish | Energy Thief | Entangling attack

upgrade path 2: Charm 1 | Charm 2 | Charm 3
    Base: Attack Magic, Distract

Looking at around 63-70 Nora

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    IMAGIRL and SPiEkY like this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'd run Temptress. Greater Pitspawn has a nice look to him overall, I am just not a fan of his 1st upgrade path.

9. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

HA + Collosal is extremely powerfull, even more so with 70 hp and 2 def, move colossal into first upgrade path instead of fear, noone wil bother with it anyway.
    I'd like our titan to be strong, but within reasonable levels, no Hydraxor or AA, that just takes the fun out of game.

Edit: also temptress is interesting, but it could use like -10 nora, she is too squishy and can control champs only situationally

10. badgerale

I guess replacing colossal with absorb is an option.

11. RasielCZ

that could work too, also do we need to sandbag it with death nova?

12. badgerale

The death nova was to raise the cost, and to give it some death benefit since it can't be sacrificed.

I really want to keep the cost of any build over 100 since it is a titan and all.

Entrepidus likes this.
  13. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

For the second time, please fix the second upgrade path. Her kit looks appealing after your latest adjustments, but I just can't support that many ranks of charm in the same path. The Big Guy also looks better, and I second your desire to keep his cost above 100N as a titan.

14. badgerale

Ideally I'd like the pitspawn to have a more interesting death benefit, roar of the fallen was my first thought but that has a arbitrary 1 Nora price.

Any other ideas?

15. RasielCZ

the firemaw death pulse? altough that might be too strong

16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

greater pit-spawn next AA... pls... i want my free xp

17. badgerale

I don't think it would be too strong necessarily, but it does mean he becomes very fire deck orientated. Which isn't a terrible thing, but it would be nice to see him run in mixed decks.

Another option with temptress is adding a vulnerability, or scorn, to lower the cost.

18. RasielCZ

so i gave it some more tought and i dont think he needs a death benefit, so if you wanna sandbag him, guess nova is fine
    scorn could help temptress, I doubt she will see a lot of play, but it would be better

19. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Um I hope I don't get hammered down here but sheoul magus doesn't need any changes imo. He's way too usable when vs lots of summoned or regular champs. It's just depending on the situation. I use x2 of them and x2 arbiters and they're great combination. Soulthirster doesn't need anything. I mean I would prefer something for him to gain ap instead of brain eater but that's it... maybe change his physical attack to another type of damage like sonic, acid etc.

On the other hand. I would like fanatic essence capture to be in lvl 2 slot so that way his high cost can get "refunded" by a little.
    Nefari Messenger needs something. I know it's ap manager but when she's a lone she isn't really that good.
    Demonvein in 1v1 situation it may be brutal but I want it to be different than just go straight melee attack everything. I also don't like his ingame sprite lol but that's not changing. I just think he's too small lol to pack a punch that big.

Everything else I seem to agree or wouldn't mind. I personally don't use warrog. Just another straight melee champ.

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

welcome to UD

but warogg is also a physical tank, not just for melee

IMAGIRL likes this.