People being lethargic...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yourmom, Sep 13, 2014.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I play the UD meta and lose all the time. wut am I doin wrong.

oh wait, i'm me

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There is a difference between playing a strong bg, and playing a bg full of the "best" runes, and overwhelming someone - who is still learning the game - to the point where they feel that have to spend money for the game to be fun, or quit.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The OP, Teascholar, and I agree with you. XD

We should make a guild.

Synergy is Fun. [Syne]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

blame the devs for not disabling rank during this beta

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I generally stick to my theme, but players shouldn't be condemned for not artificially handicapping themselves. When you think about it, the most pragmatic thing a player can do is run an optimal deck that increases the chances of winning. Players derive enjoyment from the act of winning, so the more they win, the more they enjoy themselves. Players may or may not derive additional/greater enjoyment by playing within self-imposed confines, such as a certain faction or theme. Recognize that these limitations are a personal preference that maximizes the enjoyment of an individual who is wired a certain way. They are not enjoyment defined, and if you took emotional attachment to a particular playstyle out of the equation, restricting yourself to a subset of the runes you have and decreasing the likelihood of winning would seem rather silly.

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

My existence refutes almost everything said here. IDGAF about winning, stick to my ST themes, and roam through forums and game like a cockroach. Do I have fun? Hell yea. Am I immune to the enticing promises of the glory of having a blue name? Not 100%. But I've been there for quite a while(although not really deserving), and to me it makes little difference now.

But seriously, it's obvious that I'm an exception. Almost all the time I see people asking about what is meta right now, how to make a competitive BG, abandoning whatever they initially liked when started the game. Then after spending all they had to make the BG, they still lose, and quit.

What some people here said is right, the rule is that winning makes the fun. Only after a long time winning, then losing gives someone(like me) the experience to understand how futile that can be, but I also know it's just the nature of society to dictate a winner and a loser. The trick is to understand that it makes no freaking difference in a game(unless you're going for prizes or something), it's just numbers and a cute emblem.

Of course I said all this while remembering that everyone's mindset is focused on this system: if you have a high rank, you're a good person, you're cool, sociable, and kittens love you. So, it's not just about winning, it's a whole status in gaming society, probably mirrored on famous MOBA players or something along these lines.

Anyway, I'm not sure even I can understand what I wrote, but thank you to those who did read.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Was that your myx bg I played against with my Nids yesterday? If so, that was a pretty fun match (around 30 mins).

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Nope, sorry. Haven't played against nids lately.

9. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Someone else than. Still a fun match though! Of course the fact that I killed his broodlord 3 times over was silly and probably why I lost (drone signal -> nom nom).

10. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Well to be fair, there are people who only play those faction since the dawn of times, for me i just play FW, even if ts currently nerfed, or is OP or whatever
    #sticktonefaction

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

This is a weird definition of Lazy. They put in time and effort to get the runes, put them into a deck, and then know the deck well enough to play it, as well as know the other decks and runes well enough to know how to avoid getting caught etc. It rather sounds more lazy if you don't want to put in the effort to try to win, because, well, that sounds like you're not trying?

12. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

I only play KF right now but I typically I only play one bg at a time. Right now all I play is a delim KF deck because with the constant sacrificing I can get my units to have 30+atk 7 speed so I complete most campaigns easily. I usually stick with one theme for several weeks/months before switching to something else that is more powerful.

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

laziness is not taking the time to pick a cool avatar for your forum account.

Sirius likes this.
  14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I like losing just as much as winning. That dang shrine explosion animation ^_^

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

*hears UD laugh after losing* YEAH, YOU DIDN'T WIN! HAHAHAHAHA!

16. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

SL 4 life bro!!!... Unless it kanen then i guess some SP too.

Geressen likes this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sorry no one wants to be an ugly lizard

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

mad cuz bad ^

Geressen likes this.
  19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

mad cuz uglee lonelee skeesick

Geressen likes this.
  20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

- The majority of players are currently too busy with life to play this game as much as usual (myself included)
    - The majority of players do not separate "fun" from "win". Try winning and you'll have fun doing so.
    - The majority of players do not complain that other players are playing the same game in the way they choose to.
    - The majority of players figure out what works for them, stick with it for a while, and figure out how to WIN with it.
    - The majority of players that lose to one bg or another could lose horribly trying to run that same bg themselves.
    - The majority of players aren't even playing the game right now, let alone farming people for wins. There's literally no point.

I think the OP needs to stop comparing two particles of H2O in an ocean of things that have to do with this game. You act like "synergy" and "good stuff" have no relationship with each other. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Synergy is more important, but synergy is what makes ANY "good stuff" bg worth its nora.
    you can't even RUN a "good stuff" bg anymore. Have you tried running a bg that was made before the revamp? Something with like, mysian lamia, korsien, angels, moragen, skelly lerpers, etc. That line up of champs was OP good stuff that indeed required very little synergy to win a game.
    After the revamp- that is the WORST line up of champs to use. So the cheaper champs have more importance. That's all.
    The interpretation of good stuff changes over time. Players always grind through games to find what is indeed good to run in a game. And new players will either figure that out themselves, too, or die trying. We can't Firking hold new players hands while they cross the street.

....now.

Just because you, original poster, ARE TOO LAZY to grind through games to figure out for yourself- what works? Not our faults, not our problem. L2P. Quit complaining and judging. Don't act like you're such a puritan and that other players are a cancer to this game- It's ignorant and annoying, and I've heard it all before a million times.