People being lethargic...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yourmom, Sep 13, 2014.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Yup

Sunutsu likes this.
  2. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Yup

Sunutsu likes this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This thread is finally gaining some value

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Look at that loser normal ^

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

what a poser ^ only one color

Sunutsu likes this.
  6. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

The problem with your OP is that the factions you mentioned have the best + funnest themes atm (KF trees, IS pally/dorfs, ST yeti/lonx/flyers, and the...well, ok, I'll give ya that SP is just broken. If there were themes in other factions that were competitive and fun you'd see more ppl play them.
    For instance: Draksar got obliterated. Who wants to play a theme that isn't competitive? Its not FUN to get the floor wiped with you. FW hasn't been competitive as a theme for a WHILE now, their last stab at it was spirits/zombies. UD got massacred...I used to have a bleed deck, anti-range deck, deep elf (THE ONLY VIABLE THEME IN UD RIGHT NOW), and others but UD got wiped out in revamp. I hate FS as badly as SP so I don't care if it were removed but it took some hard hits as well (thankfully). So don't call us lazy, identify the problem before you come out here running your know-it-all psychological/sociological mouth. My love for SP & FS = my admiration of psychologists =p

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Bok, fire and bleed (bleed is still pro)

8. Bondman007

whats your in game name?

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

miyfee5

why

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Too lazy to switch to a winning faction? Me too. I'm also too lazy to pay attention to the meta and just play what I think looks fun.

11. Bondman007

Biggest reason I asked is because none of the "Meatmans" had ever played a game hardly. Secondly, you complain that all you play against is the factions you mentioned. Well, the top meta players have their decks which is mirrored by lower ranked players hence the reason there are so few varieties out there most of the time and those guys are going to run the best, meta deck they can. Thirdly, you are not correct. UD bleed got demolished. I was in high exo/limited league (when there were still some players on the game) and it was meta worthy. Now, it is a joke. Korona is just a pretty piece to look at now...hardly anything meta about her. After you consider the MANY nerfs the bloodguard took after the revamp (which was one of the main pieces in bleed bg) it just doesn't work right now. You can pretend its pro, but when you play against the above stuff...it doesn't stand a chance. I could go on and on about how many runes in UD got plastered that it would be incredibly redundant since there have been many threads about it. But for UD, maybe slightly aside from spiders (Badgerale still run em?) Deep elf/treachery is only thing remotely viable in UD. Sorry. THAT'S WHY THERE ARE NO UD PLAYERS ON THIS GAME ATM! Same for SL, FS, and FW.

Can't believe I am gonna say this, but, in the words of Burnpyro:
    "Trees are balanced. Gedden said so even though he hasn't played them."
    Until someone in the green realizes that balance is horrifically offset atm, that's all you ARE going to see.

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

yeah but the game is really only unbalanced for the meta players. a top 10 player plays trees, hes gonna win most of his matches. a rare leaguer players tress, he will only win some of his matches. And since the unbalance is only manifesting itself for the top 20 or so players, why fix it? They're ****s. I'm pretty sure that is Gedden's reasoning. So, to sum up, if you're wondering why the devs haven't nerfed trees enough yet, it's because they don't like you.

Etherielin, Sunutsu and Bondman007 like this.
  13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I wanted to make a pox meatman account but realized that I would have to level my shrines again, Firk that. I don't play enough.

and when have I ever complained about a faction? only thing I can think of is a joke about the gamble of going into a game? as for UD being UP, I think you're only really looking at the metas and high ranking players, plenty still play UD and i've seen quite a few bleed bgs do ok. Sure they might get stomped by something of higher teir, but that doesn't mean they were destroyed. Only in the meta they might of, still fun to play.

14. Bondman007

Eh...you were just complaining about 4 factions actually. =) Anyway, not here to roast you even though your mama can play Pox better than you! Michaelleo has more runes than you! (Oh wait, that would be true plus he has a whole new wave of fish to feed upon coming in soon). Anyway, failed humor aside...
    Perhaps a version of bleed exists today, but not the competitive one. Dude, used to you could use a bloodguard deploy to setup a one round kill with arbiter! Then rain of blood the enemies AND your units to have Korona come crashing in and wreck face. Top it off with a soulbleeder eating anything left and it was a VERY FUN deck. Now its pitiful. A lot of that strategy is gone and the deck isn't even fun to play anymore.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

UD Fire Amp is pretty baller too, mang

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what were the color keys to blend text with forum again?

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You also have to consider that only PvP games show in game history. Certainly game balance shouldn't be done around PvE, especially when PvE hasn't been touched since the revamp.

18. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

meh, I still enjoy blood even if it's probably my least played bg next to maxx, the fat *******. Maybe it's just that I don't think a bg has to be that competative to look good to me.

my mom being able to play is probably true if I taught her to play. and for the life of me I don't know what you're talking about, what 4 factions are you referring to? I want to remember me whining like a *****.

19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

UD has:

Minotaurs, which are meta viable.

Spiders which havent been effected much by the revamp and are meta viable.

Fire is meta viable... I think (haven't played it much myself).

Deep elves are viable on the strength of the champs rather than treachery.

Bleed - it has been improved since revamp release, with the last patch giving it some options. I agree it isn't strong yet but when the next patch hits I think it will be viable again (see my UD forum thread for details).

Still some work to be done on themes, but I think UD is doing better than most factions.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ha, nice. 84 Points for amusing me, also in the forum software basically the options would be to set only one color for all posts or leave it as is. We prefer to go with giving all of you some freedom.