People's thoughts about the UN Isreal Resolution

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Dec 30, 2016.

1. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Dont worry, a couple more decades in this forum and I think you will grasp basic government types.

Keep it up, you are one of the most entertaining posters in this forum. Thank you for the laughs!

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Guys I think we should take a moment here to recognize that SireofSuns is not the bad guy here...

ssez is.

SireofSuns, Ohmin, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

guy guy

america is a representative democracy, i know because that's how the founding fathers intended it when wallmart asked them to write it down

4. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

who the Firk is this noob? lol

remember back when commies at least had balls ? oh wait i dont either.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

• Call someone a noob and commie
    • look like twelve year old girl because you have to add "lol" after that sentence
    choose one

Geressen and ssez like this.
  6. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

lol

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

wow, noob.

8. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

I am proud of you for all the work you put in to overcome your learning disability!
    Keep it up you came a long way since the war on lizards.

But lets get this thread back on topic! and have fun all, I look forward to to being entertained with your thoughts.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

war? what war, don't you remember what really happened?

[​IMG]

ssez likes this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The last couple pages of this thread:
    "How to derail a thread and send it towards imminent closure." by ssez.

ssez likes this.
  11. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Not an organized group of people but has a president.

Not sure how you define fighting for independence but I feel like if you have had peace negotiations you probably fought for something.

BurnPyro and Ohmin like this.
  12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

taking bets on how many threads the eurotrash squad can get shut down while Senshu is on the job.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Palestine is a region, but there are "Palestinians." Generally referred to as the people that lived in that region prior to the creation of Israel (or are descended from such). The majority of which are Arabic, though not all. While it used to be region-specific it has become ethnic specific (not sure the proper term here) in recent decades.

As mentioned before, there is clearly a level of organization, such that Palestine (with the help of cooperation nations to protect the process), had held elections for the PNA "Palestinian National Authority" which eventually transitioned into the "State of Palestine." However there have been issues in ensuring proper elections in those territories from time to time. The State of Palestine is for what it matters in this discussion an autonomous governmental body, which creates and passes laws and works to enforce them. While I'm sure there is external influence being pushed upon them and not just from Israel, it is none the less an organized group, comprised of Palestinians.

However the West Bank and the Gaza Strip are considered part of the nation of Israel by Israel and many other nations. The State of Palestine is considered a rebellion at best, or the results of proxy wars more commonly (in other words, an extension of foreign "invasion" of a sort).

When the South in the US rebelled and declared independence from the US in the 1800's the Federal government did not recognize the Confederacy as a legitimate nation. It was no doubt organized, had governmental bodies, and had relatively distinct people with their own cultures. Of course, that doesn't mean that other nations did not recognize the Confederacy, and there were those that lent financial, military, and political support to the Confederacy during that time (although not necessarily for the sake of humanitarianism).

In much the same way, China does not recognize Taiwan as at nation.

Of course, all of these have their nuances, including whom recognizes what and why.

In essence, the question: "Is Palestine a nation?" Is the central one for discussing whether or not Israeli settlements in Palestinian controlled territory are appropriate. It also brings into question whether Israeli bombings of Palestinian holdings are considered an attempt to end a civil war, or an act of aggression intending to conquer a legitimate nation. Likewise whether or not Palestinian groups that have attacked Israel are trying to defend against an aggressive nation, or are the acts of rebels.

Of course, in either case it does not impact whether or not a given action from either side was, from a humanitarian perspective, acceptable.

SireofSuns and SPiEkY like this.
  14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Whether or not Palestine is a country does not matter one bit. The idea that should be the focus of this thread is that since 1947 one group of people "zionist jews" have been given the authority by the U.N and America gave them resources to 1. conquer the area known as Palestine, 2. ethnically cleanse all other natives in the area, and 3. take over as much land as they want in order to create a racist apartheid state. The U.N. is sick of Israel's inhumane treatment of the people who are not jews in Palestine, and their ridiculous claim to every piece of land in the area, because " God chose us so we get your land." Zionists like Ben Gurion started this whole mess. Israel is strong they don't need anymore land they need to stop this crap and USA needs to stop being their puppet. Let the palestinians live in peace for once and stop ethnically cleansing entire villages and lying about it so you can create new settlements. Also do not watch american news it is controlled by zionists. As an american I have to go outside of american news to find out any kind of truth that matches real history on this subject.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

My recent history of the region is a bit patchy on this point, but as I recall the issue is that the Palestinian controlled territory is considered (by Israel) to be Israeli territory already. To my limited knowledge, Israel has not actually expanded it's official boarders into other nations except in response to wars with those nations (generally attempts to invade Israel).

Obviously if your point of view is that Palestinian controlled territories are part of a Palestinian Nation and NOT part of Israel I can understand your point.

Or if you were referring to expansion in a non-territorial manner.

Or if my memory or knowledge of their fluctuating boarders has failed me.

SireofSuns likes this.
  16. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I will have to dive into this later, but at a quick glance that all looks like a wealth of information, thanks! (hopefully I'll have time to properly look it over and look things up after my relatives go home from our New Years get-together).

17. SireofSuns

Is he being serious?

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

19. SireofSuns

Wait, do YOU believe in the Jew-Zionist conspiracy stuff?

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Define the conspiracy stuff.