Plans for the upcoming 3 months.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Hello everyone!

So in the last month we had quite a few things happen to our dear Pox:

1. Re-established a patch cadence. We now have one patch every month.
    2. Fixed or disabled the most critical bugs.
    3. Addressed some major balance concerns people have expressed over the last few years.

With that being said I want to lay out the plans for the next 3 months in terms of what sort of focus on balance changes to expect:

October:
    - Putting Tortuns and any further Skeleton and Stitched changes on hold to evaluate how impactful all of them were.
    - More buffs to Acid Amp. Looking at adjusting existing acid amp champs.
    - Hero shoebox buffs. Please post your shoebox hero buffs in the spreadsheet for respective factions.
    - Ambassador shoebox buffs. Please post your ambassador shoebox buffs in the spreadsheet for respective factions.
    - 2x2 to 1x1 resize shoebox buffs. Please post your 2x2 shoebox buffs that you think would be runnable as 1x1s.
    - SP nerfs.
    - Relic shoebox buffs. Please post your ideas for relics that you believe could be reworked, buffed or adjusted.

November:
    - Tortun changes.
    - More alt damage types sprinkled among the races.
    - Centaur changes.
    - Witches changes.
    - Named Dragon shoebox buffs. Please post your named dragon shoebox buffs in the spreadsheet in the respective factions.
    - UD readjustments.

December:
    - Angel changes.
    - Leoss changes.
    - Kanen changes.
    - Strig changes.
    - Alt resistances sprinkled among the races.

As always each patch will have nerfs and shoebox reworks accompanying them. This is just the rough estimate of what I'd like to focus on.

Feel free to discuss and suggest what you believe could be focused on.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Fentum, Tweek516, Agirgis1 and 2 others like this.
  2. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

This is my obligatory ban tome of faded souls post. Seamstress doing a more efficient job than mage arm ever was, so I hoped there's one stitched change at least slated for this month

3. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Can relics be changed now though? I thought such changes require a server re-start, which is currently not an available option?

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Yes. It's spells and equips we can only adjust CDs and nora costs of.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Dorf's getting any changes?

6. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

It'd be nice to see some changes to the fire/frost/elec/sonic/acid/poison themes. I know some changes have been made, and that's nice. These themes are old classics, that are decent and easy for new players to pick up and understand, so to make them all a bit more viable would be something I'd like to see

7. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

Happy for future Leoss and Kanen changes. Don't know what to suggest though.

8. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Are there any ideas in the works to balance out summons and pets? Would it be easier to balance champions without as many pet abilities? Why does graveyard not cost nora to make skeletons? What do other people think, is having a lot of summon and pets units fun (honestly curious).

Is it intended for pounce to give precision, if not is there any idea to fix.

Also I thought I should add even though I play mostly Yeti lately I think if I am being honest Call of the Tundra may be a little bit too strong.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't have much trouble with summons unless ST is involved. I can feel my body get depressed when a Lonx Recruiter come out.

10. belalugosi

haha I know the feeling you describe but for me if's when I see the SP/FW split with Bone Circle Archmage and Riftlord then Deepcave Extractor and Unholy Tomb cram Cyclops Firecase at you every time it's off cd and deploy Voil Infernal so you cant heal then consume resources.

11. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Jakei

This is what the Pox website says, "The Savage Tundra is ruled by the majestic Jakei and the beastly Lonx. The Jakei, once elves, have adapted to their frozen realm over the centuries and can now control the frigid landscape that surrounds them."

In my mind, this hints at terrain related skills. Would it be too much to give Jakei the Mountaineer skill as a racial?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. poxrooster

Of course, that would give the Jakei two racials because of Arctic.

13. poxrooster

You know what. I think we should give Elves a racial of +2 speed. :)

Xakarath likes this.
  14. belalugosi

What about for Jakei if you have a certain amount deployed they gain Domain Arctic or Precision.

(edit) Domain Arctic could be redundant maybe just thought it fit text pretty good.

15. belalugosi

Also I had a thought for summons what if battle harden/battle hymm/warbanner only affected real champions. Not sure if this is even possible but it would make most of the over the top use of summon not possible.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I love you all. Also, Dorfs.

17. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

- SP nerfs.?????

did you mean :
    -IS Nerfs

18. poxrooster

No, he meant both. SP has been OTT for a while.

19. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I would like to see more frigid lance , stall, crystal barrier, slow, gale(Kento should have gale and class shaman so she can get equips) freezing, deep snow, crystalize among the frozen elves. Less no can do on the elves and move it over to the lonx. MOst of the Jakei should get hidden snow in their base remove monk class and add ranger class or shaman.

The lonx should become the high dexterity NoCANDO of the tundra. Yeti are the better beaters and the lonx well they are not really good at anything just ok at some things.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    poxrooster likes this.
  20. poxrooster

Why these changes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.