Player Expansion Preview/Discussion (Protectorate Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Regarding the Tortun (and some other champs) I wish Attack: Water were a valid choice. It would still be physical damage, I guess, but would sound better. If archers can have Attack: Arrow and snipers can have Attack: Gun, Attack: Water doesn't seem that far off.

hfok, Etherielin, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, it's Frigid Lance, that's all.

3. Sokolov

As cool as it would be, I don't think we'll have time to do that here, but perhaps.

4. Sokolov

upload_2017-3-9_2-16-12.png

5. Sokolov

I will do magic.

6. Sokolov

I went thru a lot of runes... and mostly took the ones that were interesting or mostly good already.

7. Sokolov

I like Crushing Charge.

"What's more frightening than suddenly encountering a snake on a plain? Encountering a ball of snakes on a plain."

SPiEkY, Tweek516, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  8. Sokolov

I will look into it.

9. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

is it just me or the artworks seem a bit low on quality. the resolution seems like a bit too sharp, it bugs me really much, anyone else?

10. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

First of all, I must say I agree.

At the time I suggested this, I was thinking to make really simple champion. Tough was simple choice for Blastoise as a reference to the move "withdraw" and "iron defense".

Kampel likes this.
  11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it makes it a little unclear that it is actually physical, you could think it was an elemental attack type like fire or electric .

I guess attack: gun is a little unclear as well since it isn't completely obvious that it's physical over fire (and some gun wielders do have fire attacks), but arrow is more straightforward.

I dunno, aside from the odd flavourful one (mouth lightening!), I'd be tempted to get rid of things like attack:gun and attack: arrow in favour of physical.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  12. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

im confused why is there no sporegill related rune, it's what the people want sokobro! D:

SireofSuns and Qucas like this.
  13. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

so i'll give my suggestions for the st runes, with respect to their original creators I wasn't going to but I don't want to say I didn't voice my opinion and regret it later.

ice mage - he seems designed with the kf wizard/garu decks in mind only. I would of liked to see him get class shaman instead of wizard or maybe both shaman/wizard. not much to say about this guy as from an st perspective he's just another frost tosser which we have many of already and he's not really bringing much new to the table, but at least he's got frost cone.

ferren flame caller - no suggestions really, I'm happy to finally get a burst ability in st, combo's really with ice block. he's imo the strongest addition to st on this list and monks will love him.

Frostwing Icestriker - seems like a decent addition to amp or flying though he's a pretty boring addition, the only thing I could think of was maybe deep wounds instead of chill on his u1 fits in line with flanking and execute and we don't have any unit with that type of mechanic currently.

chirai dartblower - interesting design leoss getting a high range unit will really mix things up with them. not much to really add here either as the design is pretty good.

Frostfall Owzeloth (ST)- I suspect i'll get a bit of hate for this one as st players love their adaptive, but I was thinking either replacing adaptive or empowered defense with surge - tundra. all these frost fall champs generate terrain but almost never have any mechanics to play off of it, so Surge seems like a good fit for a brute with this design and gives snow breach a reason to be selected in u2 over calcify.

Amarok Frostborn - why is this guys cost so high? he seems like he really needs a negative ability to bring his cost down some. so he's not competing for the deploy at the same cost as white star. I'm not really sure what flavourfully would fit as a negative.

14. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

cal, havnt you got some games to be playing :p

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

no need to worry about that lol

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

~Jack, son of Sam

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Xirone

Thanks! I like how this one turned out! Wintertide Mage seems to fit if you like that name better. Also, is Frost Barrier meant to be Force Barrier?

18. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Arrow eater should stay in UD...It is their faction specific ability.

19. Xirone

Is Elusive the same price as Arrow Eater? That could work if Arrow Eater is for some reason ability-non-grata.

As for flavor, the original flavor-text showed that nature created a snake monstrosity as revenge for maraudering demons. Nature came up with its own "demon" to battle demons.

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Elusive is 12 nora, while Arrow Eater is 14.

Xirone likes this.