Player Expansion Preview (Protectorate Non-Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Nice evals!

IronStylus likes this.
  2. Xirone

For the sake of the argument, what if the unit has no Fairy only clause but, to compensate, the relic has Short Lived 2 (1?)?

Fairy Circle (35 Nora, 20 HP)- This unit has Reinforce, Short Lived 2 (1?) and Psychic Ping 2.

3. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

well.. i just imagined a spell:
    All monks get BERSERKER 3 and PUMMEL for 4 turns. lol

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

As has been previously noted this rune will be very strong because of champ placement as opposed to being deployed in a font. I think its worth giving it a shot and keeping it on watch. If it needs a tap I would recommend either the Fairy Clause or Font Ignorance so that a champ in a 1v1 side font cant just use this to refund itself and continue to contest a font.

A decent set of abilities and should see a lot of play. Spot Disarm is very strong and this rune has added utility on top of it. I think this one should be ok but if it needs a tap I would remove Teleport: Equipped, increase the range of Enchant: Magic to 5 and decrease the cost by 5.

Solid relic. I don't think it will see too much play but only because I dont really see it fitting any of their decks. Reflection doesnt seem to fit. Would Ethereal work on a relic? Could be nifty as a defensive measure.

Really good font contester. I see this being x1 auto in FS but the cost seems to be right to me. I wouldnt change anything.
    This wont see any play at all. Greeting has minimal effect only really beneficial to destealth but once those turns are over the effect is dead weight. Repulsion wouldnt have an effect until the next turn. I would recommend swapping Static Greeting for either Chain Lightning or swapping Repulsion for Relic Overload. Would give IS some anti-relic that it doesnt yet have and allow the relic to kill itself so it can be redeployed for Greeting again.

Seems good on paper but only if Portal Blast triggers on deploy. Relocate: Self starts on CD meaning this relic would have no effect until after it comes of CD. Also I am not too certain that this would replace Earthshaker. Earthshaker deals flat damage and causes Lumbering too. The damage potential is about the same but you would be trading the Lumbering aspect for the potential to Relocate and do it multiple times.

Basically looks like a cheaper and less sturdy Guard Tower. At 25 Nora it seems fair to me. I'm not sure if ST players will use it though but I am not sure how desperate they are for Detection.

This likely needs a 5 nora bump. Spot Scrapper will be super strong.

19madfox95, Kampel, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Well markoth knows what he's saying. I like the font ignorance on the fairy relic idea

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Great comments/discussion here, everyone :) This is exactly what I had hoped for with this process.

7. Sokolov

I am pretty iffy with Reinforce on a relic just because of the difficulty in pricing. It's most likely going to end up being something more along the lines of Relocate: Fairy ala Ferren Hideout.

8. Sokolov

I am not sure, but I do like the idea.

9. Sokolov

I like Relic Overload.

Kampel likes this.
  10. Sokolov

This is true. I believe that we could probably get away with removing the start on CD thing if we gave all the relics with this ability Font Ignorance also?

I don't think it replaces it either, but I think they are so similar that you are just choosing between the 2 and they aren't different enough, but I could be wrong on that. I suppose this is better in a straight KB-deck.

11. Sokolov

They are Buddhist terms. Mondo is basically "scripture" and Satori is "enlightenment."

And yea, I am not 100% happy with this one.

I was thinking about something like:

Equipped champion randomly gains one of the following: Ranged Stance, Frost Stance, Defensive Stance (if there was a 3rd ability in that other series, I'd just use that). If the equipped is a Monk, it gains all 3 instead.

IronStylus, Kampel and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would have to look out for Kento using Ranged Stance and Silent Contemplation to get 1-8 range.

19madfox95 likes this.
  13. Sokolov

True, tho I really like the idea for the thematics of a book like this, where a Monk gets all the benefit while others will get SOMETHING from it, but not the full enlightenment :D

IronStylus, SPiEkY and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  14. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

This is better than scrapper as most monks have no can do :) The range would be nice. I like the knock back idea with some of the spells they have. Similar to that equip they have in FS unles s you want to split faction that equip

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I suggested a fairy-only reinforce. Relocate: Fairy is something they wouldn't really run as they already have a lot of mobility tools and nearly all faeries sit within 6-7 SPD range so it's easy to move around with them and it would step on Bridge to Nowhere's territory of a mobility-oriented Fairy relic. Another idea could be cast: fairy dust or fascinate.

Kampel and Xirone like this.
  16. Sokolov

Reinfroce is java, so changing it to Fae only, which was my original preference, kind of counts as a new ability.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Facinate could have facinating interactions with Prismatic Crystals.

Edit: I just thought about how hilariously frustrating it would be to face Fairy Dust, Facinate and Prismatic Crystals at the same time. You unit would be pacified for a long time.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    19madfox95 and Etherielin like this.
  18. Sokolov

MASS TELEPORT :D

Etherielin likes this.
  19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

What do you think of things like Fascinate, Psychic Compulsion and the likes for that relic? Essentially abilities that circle around the idea of people getting drawn to the mystical fairy circles.

I had that in my mind but I think that's too good.

20. Xirone

There certainly is some stiff competition for relics with movement buffs in KF already.