Player Expansion Preview (Wrath Non-Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 18, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

10 rounds is just a pretty long time to not attack 15 times though.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's less than forever.

And there's also the choice of attacking 14 times, then attacking 6 more times when you are ready.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not attacking once in one round is easier than not attacking 10 times in 10 rounds. It'd be pretty darn hard.

IronStylus likes this.
  4. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

:\ damn I was thinking specifically about double chasm map plays

what about masons? pariah? it will look ugly then

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  5. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

Need champion previews pls Sokoloooov <3

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

A) FW relic is not okay with spot restless souls (fix restless souls to not give revanants initiative and then yeah its fine)
    B) UD relic is stupid because its stupid
    C) How the **** are you guys okay with the Dirge's statue???? Do you realize what that thing will do at a midfont????

Etherielin likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Restless Souls is once per turn and no upgrades

DiCEM0nEY and OriginalG1 like this.
  8. Ballballer

Ahh okay then

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

C) How... Dirge's statue...midfont????
    show us.

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

doomsday clock is going to be pretty crazy, in a good way. Hide it behind your avatar or one of the statues in malj. shores and go full aggro with a fire deck.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Im guessing he means drop it in font and laugh as the opponent triggers Guarded: Moga to kill it and then you get to maul them with a dozen angry rodents.

19madfox95 and SPiEkY like this.
  12. OriginalG1

It is a 20 hp relic. Plenty of ways to kill the relic without ever directly attacking it in all factions, except maybe FS.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I generally agree. I dont see it as too out of line or crazy.

19madfox95 and OriginalG1 like this.
  14. IronStylus

u mean kf?

15. OriginalG1

kf has dreambox (meta-ish), overgrowth (theme-ish), and never used but no where near the worst rune in the game, Sabotage. Natures wrath, and throne collection affect all units, land mine affects all units. I dunno KF that well but those come to mind to help kill the relic without attacking it. I know Tortalleon Gunbattery has an AoE but no one really uses him. Tree launcher has an AoE, not sure who else.

Use sabotage or dream box seems like the most meta option.

16. OriginalG1

To me (not a credible player) moga's crutch on moga trappers and stacking traps. I can almost make a flow chart with moga trappers. Did I win my game using moga? Was moga trapper reveled?
    upload_2017-2-20_4-14-39.png
    If the ability to stack traps is stopped (Cactuar Crate) Moga's would have lost one of their main gimmicks. Dirge's Statue would offer a new gimmick that would most likely only be effective with lucky(you)/unlucky(opponent) rune reveal vs most factions. If relics become popular, the meta usually adjusts. Dirge's Statue is also pretty race theme based so if you playing vs moga you could probably predict when this relic will show up and plan to counter it.

Like Markoth stated, "I dont see it as too out of line or crazy." Even if ballballer makes the relic seem game breaking it dose not mean the pox masses will be able to use it as effectively. If stacking lay trap gets axed I doubt moga will see much play without some other trick that grants power turns. You do not see moga much outside of top tier players trolling anyway. I guess a guarded: moga relic in combination with strength in numbers or intimidation and the banner could get out of control, but you do have to attack the relic directly for this to be effective. (You have to brave enough to run intimidation)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  17. IronStylus

I mean I use stellar horizon in wizards and naturalize (flat dmg) in this and other themes, but ye, novas and aoes wont trigger guarded, and good decks should have plenty of non-direct dmg options, I meant tht FS usually runs erode (if it's more rushy) or soak the earth in water modules or aquatics. Guarded + majestic actually look fine for 30 nora, overseer might come handy with positioning. seems like it's ae5 iirc.
    KF on the other hand might have problems with this restless souls relic - naturalize won't help much as it's flat 15 (might be amped but noone really does or should run this spell x2). at least the revenants are summons and the 50 dreamer fairy got nice ability set that lets her run shatter summoned as one of optimal builds.

If i were to rank the hype for each rune it would be rolling stones no.1 because they seem to hit meta soon and fit into many themes and even splits and no.2 vothsair totem, which will probably see lots of play overall. FW players will get cavern of nightmares as their new toy and as no.4 deep wounds bgs lovers will probably like their equip.
    I'm not sure how the profane effigy will be seen in game as it doesn't really fit anywhere directly and FW decks are usually tight on s/e/r side but it might have some usage as a combat equip or foul rite witches, also not sure how the SL relic.

@OriginalG1 Tell me, how do FF moga decks deal with haunting spirits or other ghosts, even ethereal soldiers?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  18. OriginalG1

I actually beat a spirit deck with moga. It was the UD level with the lava pool in the middle. I had 2x trapper in the bottom font so they killed any thing that got near them with vicious harpoon. I think i had a boom vendor out, at the top fonts. I basically stretched his forces out and cut off his nora early, and then I chipped away at the ethereal soldiers and disturbed spirits.
    G'hern Isangoma and boom vendor might be the only magic but you can do chip damage with any damage type against ghosts now and out side of sac dagger or steal life fw dose not have the best healing so chip damage combined with front threats works well.

ya and kf meta will probably run sabotage or dream box if Cavern of Nightmares become popular. both dream box and sabotage can pwn fw hard. It says Soul Linked 1 and not soul linked 2 so it might cut off at 40 or 50 instead of 100hp.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Kampel likes this.
  19. Ballballer

moga can whoop spirits if played properly on the right map

OriginalG1 likes this.
  20. IronStylus

I actually like dreambox rune really much. The rune would require to adjust the bg composition so it contains better early openings with cheaper champions, as sometimes FW relics come deployed at the first turns. It's still a risky move tho, especially if you play against same opponent same decks couple times :)

OriginalG1 likes this.