Player Expansion Preview (Wrath Non-Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 18, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

eh it just becomes a game. like using a single target spell against st ftw, or a spell against fs. Is snow blind out, is back fire pop'n? will fortune favor the bold? You can know your opponent is using dream box, but you will not know the timing of it. sabotage is 16 turns that is good amount of time to counter a relic.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Regarding Spellsword Furnace, if Stunning makes it cost 50 nora (because it would be that good) what about the relic having Imbue Stun + Deflect: Fire (or just Deflect)? Would that work?

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Cavern of Nightmares:
    Some similarities to Arroyo Portal for sure. Hard to tell if the good nora/hp ratio (40/50) will be the main reason this is run. I don't see the short lived summons on real enemy kills being better then Arroyo Portals 30 nora cost trigger on enemy deploy + DMZ.

Perhaps giving it flat hp (35 hp) and swapping soul linked 1 with soul channeling instead. Another possibility could be Relocate: DMZ as well.

Profane Effigy:
    Blah, not really liking afflict but puppet master does have potential. Horn of order comes to mind but instead of invigorate 2 you have puppet master. The dmg from drive and ap though really make horn of order shine while puppet master is more restrictive and afflict is dependent on the enemy action. The price tag of 25 nora probably makes this playable though despite that.

May I suggest Roar of The Fallen in place of afflict? This still places some of the control on the enemy action but allows some destroy play from you to proactively use the equip then suicide the champ through other combo-death benefit for effect.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The original design for furnace was:

Spellsword Furnace (SL Relic)
    Art: A young Draksar Spellsword using a Dragon Head Furnace to imbue his sword, all kind of magic glowy effects comes from inside
    Text: "-No no no! do it gently! if you overdo it you will wake up in three days with a horrible headache.-" Spellsword Master to aprentice
    -Imbue Stun
    -Stunning

I think other good options to replace Stunning and keep the flavour with its text are the following:
    -Imbue Stun + Paralitic Feedback
    -Imbue Stun + Sapping Armor (Synergy with AP subtheme in SL but would overlap with Fault Marker)
    -Imbue Stun + Slowing Armor
    -Imbue Stun + Hallucinogenic

I personally prefer CC feedback abilities but sok if you like dmg feedback then Xirones idea with a Deflect ability could work, maybe even Catalyst electricity to split with SP?

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

could just have magic immunity.

sort of a polar opposite to kf's grimlics portal which has phys immune

kf likely won't be happy, but as most single damage type decks go through sometimes you hit the wall in the form of a counter

Sokolov likes this.
  6. Kampel

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
    i rather have something that affects a little every attack than an immunity.. or.. ONE WITH NORA

7. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Spellsword Furnance having Magic Eater would be pretty dang thematic

Etherielin, Sokolov and Xirone like this.
  8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

that was the idea

9. Kampel

Imbue Stun + Enchant Magic? Furnace would stop being a contesting relic but would have more synergy, SL has equip and relic subtheme that could use that
    tho maybe its too close to Xirone's Arcane Oddity design

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I love the Grundlewulf Equipment. Can you please also add "If equipped champion has Deep Wounds it instead gains Eviscerate 3" clause?

Also please don't make it a rune that lowers range to 1 as this would put Cowards Reach and Soul Feed deeper in the shoebox.

11. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Expected release date is still Soon™?

Tweek516 and darklord48 like this.
  12. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

uuh pls no magic immune relics this patch :((

Kampel likes this.
  13. Xirone

Possibly Vothsair Totem should be the only one of these relics able to withstand Seism's nasty reach?

Etherielin, Tweek516 and OriginalG1 like this.
  14. OriginalG1

i hope there are one or two non wrath champ/spells that has yet to revealed.

15. Xirone

Spells were not allowed in the thread where these ideas came from. Only champs, relics, and equips with existing abilities were allowed.

16. OriginalG1

ya, player made spells, shiz would get wild.

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Please no cataclysm relic =), anything else would be nice but it is absolutely gonna be a sit behind shrine relic nuke.

18. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

The sith did nothing wrong

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  19. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

that doomsday clock looks interesting.
    why not put some restriction on it similar to old nora font powered except with the twist you first have to deploy it in an enemy nora font for it to function otherwise it won't build up charges.
    but it'd probably end up needing some sort of defensive effect on its first few turns so the relic doesn't get instantly destroyed.
    so maybe invulnerable for 2-3 turns but only when deployed in an enemy nora font otherwise no invuln.
    but to make sure people don't abuse the relic for font contesting we'll give it font ignorance.
    this is all assuming you don't want to go the lazy route and just make it another sit behind your shrine relic.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  20. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That's good. It'll be a good spirits rune, for the extra surge. Not sure I could justify in skeletons without changes. Revenants just aren't that good without their abilities. Graveyard x 2 is much better, and I only run it at x1, simply because there are so many strong options.