Players are the reason this game won't succeed.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by craft3r, Mar 24, 2014.

1. craft3r

craft3r New Member

upload_2014-3-25_13-18-39.png

I play like 20 games and then quit for a year or two, usually only 1 a day during my stint. But this is one of the few reasons I quit and also why New Players will not stay in the game.

How do you fix this, so you can keep new players here and keep players like me playing. I never get this playing Yahoo Chess with a playerbase 5000x the size.

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

You are on the internet, if you get offended by something like this then the internet is probably not the place for you.

However I do agree that the lobby could be moderated , perhaps a return of player mods is in order, but frankly I rarely, rarely see this type of thing nowadays.

3. craft3r

craft3r New Member

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

If someone said that to me I would say nothing.

5. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Yahoo chess isn't even remotely as rage inducing as poxnora. Just saying.

Also fail for bringing this to the forums like a snitch.

Also fail because you obviously started it.

*Shakes head walks away.

newsbuff, stfn and DarkJello like this.
  6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

You bring up a very relevant point and this has been a problem for other online games as well.

I believe they call it Toxicity in LoL or something and have a judge/rating/commenting system of some sort related to keeping the environment more enjoyable for everyone. (I admit I've only been dabbling on an off with LoL, Hearthstone)

Hearthstone deals with this by simply not allowing any chat (beyond selected generic emotes) during the game, and even then some people still find them offensive when used at specific intervals and can be squelched. I believe you can actually converse in game but only with people on your "friends" list meaning there's a lot less direct outburst flames.

Perhaps making the (ignore) feature more prominent in game like an actual button instead of a chat command? An ignore all option that disables all chat except from players on the friend list?

There are a few options to address this in the future if the toxicity does arise with an influx of new players. Right now your best bet is to simply add them to the ignore list once the first swear is uttered and save yourself some heartache.

I personally respond with positives or affection and find it charming... although my favorite faction is FW so you can probably draw conclusions from that ^_^.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Kampel likes this.
  7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

We'll kernok is and many others are just too caught up in their internet ego, which is sad. But I like a bit of smack talk, but stuff like this is far to aggressive and is unhealthy for anyone.

Honestly if this is why you're being pushed away just bring it towards the mods and people like kernok will be banned, permanently.

It's unreasonable that people like yourself are leaving the game while ( excuse my tone) these idiots are being kept around.

8. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

In game smack talk can be just about the most annoying thing ever.

On the other hand, complaining about the runes that exist, and that players use those runes... is annoying as all hell. If you hate the runes that exist, and hate that players use those runes, don't play. Or, do as I do - when faced with annoying crap that you think is broken/OP/abused, you should a) rage, b) rage more, c) call the person using it names, and d) ragequit.

Alternatively, simply resign games you feel are unfair, and queue up again.

9. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Guys I started a fight with somebody online and got offended cuz I was losing.

BurnPyro, stfn and DarkJello like this.
  10. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I'd be all for no chatbox in game.

I don't want to hear you say "good luck have fun" seconds before you deploy the most obnoxious BG I have ever seen that is not any fun to play against at all.

lol

11. RedDain

Also, I think you might consider that perhaps your opponent had just recently gotten his ass kicked by someone even more annoying - and you received the blast of rage...

12. craft3r

craft3r New Member

Yes I totally agree - it is the internet these days. I /ignore most people.

But if this is happening to me every 2nd game. I can only assume it is a regular occurance and with such a small community. How do we expect to keep exisiting players supporting the game let alone new ones.

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You know when I felt the worst playing poxnora? When I was playing chopping blocks, I struggled because they are hard to play and I was kinda forced to play them, but the worst part was that everyoene felt like playing chopping blocks was "cheap" and they throw me his spite to the face because they thought they were entitled to do that.

So, if you tell someone "are you playing X?" as it were a non valid way of playing you are being rude, and the other player doesn't have to endure that just because he wants to play in the way he feels like playing.

RedDain and TeaNinja like this.
  14. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

"Oracle deck with cheap spell spam?"
    You started it.

'Spam' only negative connotation.

Sure the other player escalated things quickly, but you did say something insulting first.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    RedScarlet likes this.
  15. craft3r

craft3r New Member

Removing the chat box totally and allowing only /guild chat would be nice

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

so so true haha

17. RedDain

I was one of the ragers. I hate chop blocks, and they are cheap...
    On the other hand, I've also been guilty of cheap trash (Reaper's Blade and Tanglefoot, Timeslip and Warspirit, etc) and got raged at... it does even out.
    Also, too... if you don't like the deck you face, just surrender and move on. No need to complain - more and more that's what I do.

18. only

only Active Member

to be honest, I'm going to support that guy flaming you for one sole reason. he is being honest. he is talking !@$%^? at least this is who he is.

and what do I get from your side? you're the one who taunted him? what did you expect for his answer to be? on top of that, you create a thread about it.

I'm not defending him by any means, but it seems like you got what you exactly wanted.

I mean what was a possible reasonable answer by him to actually please you (if he was more than just polite)?

DarkJello likes this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

But the reason new player's dont stay is the learning curve and people who make alt's then own the noobies, main reason i see people leave and the learning curve because we have 1 thousand abilities and 600 of them do the same thing just have a smaller cool down.

20. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

LOL is successful because it was first casual game in its genre. HON and LOL was 2 perspective games after dota1 , but after CBT hon become p2p(30$) and hon was more hardcore(psr,mmr,leaver status). And lol was just casual games for children with f2p model.
    Trash talk exist in all games and best what you can do is just ignore your opponent.