Players are the reason this game won't succeed.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by craft3r, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I will say this. The best thing DOG could do for Pox is remove chat completely. A selected window that opens on the side and guild chat is all that is needed. Having the ability to talk to your one on one opponent in this game is a terrible idea. Lobby chat can also be very clicky making the newcomer feel out of place.

That being said the OP deserved his reply. Don't dish if you can't take it.

I gotta ask.

Why u so mad?

Bro?

2. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

This is silly lol.
    I barely even talk to people when i play. I have to remember to check the flashing chat tab.
    If someone says some dumb ish to me i just think its funny.
    Im not gonna get mad. Im going to start laughing and type/rage/argue back because i love a good debate and winning arguments is enjoyable for me lol.

However thats just personality. I could just ignore it. Or i could troll them by saying kind things to them. Or i could taunt them everytime i kill a unit or something. Or i could spam the chat with bashes of the keyboard.
    Theres alot i could do to get out of the situation.

Heres the thing. The chat isn't involved in the game at all! It doesn't move champs, give buffs, attack, end turn, nothing. So you don't have to use it. So once someone says something your ***** gets wrinkled over then just close it and continue to play. You CHOOSE to interact with people.

If your problem is that you believe there arent enough people you're able to hold civil conversations with in the community then i suggest either visiting the forums, the lobby, joining a guild, or find someone you find friendly in any lobby and play custom games.

If you're playing ranked its to win. Your ranking is all that matters. I dont care if i stomp 15 douches or if i lose to 20 saints, i really dont care if i even lose to 4 trolls and 17 taunting ********. Im looking at my rank stats and loss vs win. I could care less if they were friendly or not. I have no need to enjoy conversation with those i play in ranked. In custom its your risk on who you play, so choose wisely.

TL, DR: The chat isn't important. Don't start conversations with strangers then QQ when you don't like their personality, especially when you start the conversation with an ambiguously offensive remark. Learn to live in the real life and how to handle unsavory people, big brother isn't gonna be there to protect you always. Stop being a hctib and grow a pair. Don't like it? There is always single player!

Also, i dont know that guy who snapped at you. Id just laugh at him and show my friends the delusional hypocrite devoid of logic thats getting stomped and providing me entertainment as we traded witty banter or cursed profusely in the chat at each other. I only seem sided with him because i hate whiny closeted people that cant handle words and want to censor everything. Grow up.

stfn likes this.
  3. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

this happens a lot, in every community, and happens even more when you can just be announimous, and no mater what you do, will never realy have a consequence...

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Are you stalking me or???

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I completely disagree. More often then not when I find a new player in the lobby, they have questions about the game and it allows me to answer their questions directly. I think there are many benefits to be had, chatting with other people is what leaves you logged in instead of just going, queuing up for game, and then leaving.

Xinde and uaChakra like this.
  6. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Forcing people in guilds just to have a chat or ask question says like a great idea! NOT

7. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

OP is wrong. From chat you can clearly see, that after Kernok called him ******, OP was purposely prolonging game/abusing timer. Kernok just said to op to grow up and move along (if you ignore all curse words). IMO OP is cancer of community, not some random player who uses curses to answer filthy provocations.

8. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I also had to play op some time ago, 5 minutes into the game he called me a spellspammer and "went smoking" for several minutes.

This thread is funny.

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeah when I hear that my eyes narrow slightly and I tentatively type 'u2'.

I do like it when people rage though, more interesting than the usual pleasantries.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So let me get this straight... I'm taking notes:

There are apparently mean people on the interwebs.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Is it ok to be mean at 6'2", 210?

12. RainElf

RainElf The King of Potatoes

Ha ha, few weks ago I started this tread http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/what-to-do-with-verbal-abuse.1207/ because of same player you have in screenshot. Don't worry greens promise to solve this problem

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You bait him by implying his bg is overpowered and thus questioning his skill on the internet.

If you thought people don't get offended when you step on their egos online, I have nothing to help you.

14. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Dang dude, you in pretty good shape still! Thought you military guys were supposed to bloat up once you got out and go on to be doughnut eating Sheriff officers!

DarkJello likes this.
  15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Theres a feature in this game: /ignore

Learn to use it. Love it.

16. craft3r

craft3r New Member

17. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I do think that Pox could do with some better moderation, unfortunately under SoE this was completely neglected and over the time, trolls have been allowed to roam free winding people up both in the forums and in game. If mods are added they could potentially stop things like this happening.

18. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

I call BS on this post...

First: This game is already successful (your title is a troll)
    Second: You baited your opponent
    Third: This topic has been discussed many times before, you looking for attention by bringing it up again
    Fourth: My advice, you can't control other players, you can only control yourself. Be nice, be helpful, and have fun. Ignore the ragers and do your very best to be a solid community member

19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

So... is pacman difficult?

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I once shot the mailman cause he didn't want to give me my mail after my dog bit him.

What an impolite *******, sure showed him

Boozha likes this.