Playstation before christmas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oregreen, Dec 18, 2016.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

People said the game was dying a year after SoE bought it. You're not the first doomsayer and you won't be the last.

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What the heck is the Dr. Johnson meme

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are doing everything we can to get Pox Nora out on the PlayStation. The showing at PSX went well but it was only a vertical slice of the game. Basically remaking Pox Nora in a new game engine has many pitfalls just by the sheer scope of the game and the number of abilities and mechanics. It would have been preferred to get it out for the holidays, but we also don't want to poison the well by releasing it before it is ready. We will make an announcement about the official release once we are happy with its quality.

TeaNinja, DiCEM0nEY, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  5. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

You're doing fine. Pretty sure we all learned from No Man's Sky.

Etherielin likes this.
  6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Dog you have had forever to release this game on the PlayStation! When was the last release 9 months ago? This guy is not asking for anything unfair. Ignore me I am just bored of the meta and keen for a new expansion.

7. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I hear you. I am surprised 8 runes (if that is what the next midterm has) is taking long but I guess they just simply want the midterm to be released with the new client. I want that legendary vothsair badly

Vorian likes this.
  8. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

Then maybe you should tell people the game wont be out, instead of having the q4 2016 release date up when you do not have intention of doing so. Instead you do things like put a pox nora avatar for sale on playstation store for 5 dollars. You guys starving that bad at pox nora? you are trying to sell avatars for games that arent out and have no release date.

I think we can guess how far along you are in development by looking at the last patch. Like you said, so many abilities. You connected a few and revised a bunch and then put that into a pc update for testing. We are your current ps4 beta testers as far as abilities go, that would be awesome if you didn't try to hide it. I am guessing it takes you guys a week or two to implement new mechanics, and that update was about a week ago? so you guys are about 3 weeks beyond your beta planning for mechanics for the new client. The new update brought in some new bugs so I would imagine you aren't focusing on fixing those on pc, you will just try to make sure they are correct on the new client. You have a rather small team and now that it is the holiday season which runs into new year I wouldn't think much work will be done in the next week or two. At this point they are starting to have a good idea on how to fix mechanics and what order the mechanics run in to prevent bugs. I am guessing about 3 or 4 weeks into 2017 you will make a statement about the progress of the game being a huge success and how dedicated the team is. How good the game looks and all that stuff companies do to prop themselves up. Then it will be a few more weeks,

FEB 31st is my predicted release date, and that is me being generous .

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Alright, who's troll account is this?

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

one of willow's gang?

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  11. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

12. Revengercm

@BurnPyro or @mw24

Vorian likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I woulda just made the thread, I have balls.

I just have done anything in general discussion for ages

14. Senshu

The PlayStation Avatar was a reward for those who attended the PlayStation Experience and that is why it is on the store as it is right now. There have been posts where when asked we have said that it is unlikely to be out this year. For a full release it won't be ready, but we have been working to get the game to a point that we can start doing beta access of the new client. It isn't there yet but it is getting close. In most situations this is addressed on a case by case basis.

15. Senshu

That is the type of situation we are aiming to avoid.

TeaNinja likes this.
  16. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

I am a troll but correct, how does that make any sense? A no mans sky situation? What you are saying is the game wont actually be multiplayer or have any content? Even comparing yourself to no mans sky is an absolute EMBARRASSMENT to your entire development team and the game itself. Congrats, glad to hear you have high standards.

17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Reading comprehension isn't your forte I presume.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Revengercm

I hope cacodemons devour your soul.

I think we all have act like doom sayers to this game at least once in our lifetime. We all did but at least we want the best for the game.

19. Senshu

The key lesson there was about managing expectation and to not over promise. We only announced a general target but we have not announced an actual release date and won't until the new client is in good shape. So far we talked about some general early concept changes we were considering otherwise everything we have discussed are finished features.

20. six

six New Member

Come on Senshu let us hear more about how you guys didn't present the idea that the game would be out by the new year. The key lesson in no mans sky was don't pretend your game is something that it is not or you get embarrassed and buried .

But since you made the no mans sky comparison, What features are going to be removed that are currently in the game?