[Please delete]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Oct 13, 2015.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

• [redacted

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    DarkJello likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This thread should go places

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Absolutely agree. This is a deep and interesting topic. Nation building/destroying, and such.

Maybe you can focus in on Congo and colonialism? Share findings. Win knowledge.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It was a disgrace what Belgium did to the Congo in order to fill the treasure room of one Belgian King-

I mean, I'm glad we got to share our wealth and ways with the Congo. I am convinced their way of life improved tremendously when they saw the ways of the white, civilized men. We are the best thing to happen to those Negroes ever. They are now left with a stable country that is part of the top in the world, while preserving their culture. I am happy that we slaughtered those savages and gave something to be believe in. A better, modern world.

~ And they lived happily ever after

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Meh, your other thread told it better.

7. DarkJello

I find these attempts at humor repulsive.

And I am disappointed that the Lefties in this thread keep giving you a pass. If I were to make such a "joke", many would virtually crucify me. Double standard much.

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

though i'm not sure i agree with your premise, i would suggest that perhaps you feel that way because at least when he says something to that appalling degree you can generally tell it's sarcasm, and that he doesn't mean it.

i'm responding here only because i frankly have no Firking idea who the other "Lefties" in this thread are supposed to be, given that the only posters thus far are me, you, BP, news, and Jazz (and i'm unsure of his views).

but no, i think if you were to make such a statement in such a way, and i were able to decipher it as an arguably improper attempt at humor, i'd probably be surprised that you suddenly start saying things that go against what your normal views seem to be. if i'd "virtually crucify" you on anything in this hypothetical (dubious), it would be wishywashyness.

and when was the last time you were accused of that?

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's almost like there was but one answer that wouldn't be demonic. Congo was a bloodbath for pure material gain, nothing else.

The fact that you're even asking me on my views on that massacre implies that there's more than one option to you, which is why I responded in kind.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't have time to act pleasantly with those who ask me questions as if they want to hear something they don't already know to be common sense.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think this is potentially an interesting question. If you think that the colonisation of north America has been a plus to the world - which on balance I think it has been - does it justify the great evil done to native Americans?

It's essentially, does the end justify the means? And how much should material gains be weighed against conservative cultural gains?

I do wonder if after the US invasion of Canada, if Britain could have secured a native American land in the north east of the US, that would seem an ideal compromise (of effect, not ethics).

I doubt it would have worked though, a increasingly powerful US would have invaded eventually.

12. DarkJello

My question was not worthy, thus it is ok for you to pretend to be racist? Weird logic man.