Please remove unattainable runes from ranked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 27, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Fan faire is a freaking game changer the fact that 90% of the player base can't get it in any way is crazy. Remove it form ranked or make a legendary version, any similar rune that has the power lvl of fan faire and is unobtainable should be made legendary or exo also.

You can't cater to the old players and sharks any longer, remove it from ranked or make new versions.

I spent a whole game having all my units fascinated towards a colossal boa with a rejuvenation ring on it.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i dont even know what fan faire is

3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

KF spell that gives fascinate to target unit and allied champs within... 4? I think spaces gain ally:kthir

newsbuff likes this.
  4. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

It makes sense to give these runes the doombringer treatment. Unobtainabe runes both exclude new players and fail to generate revenue.

6. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

People will never know you run the limited versions because they are spells.

7. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

If they do this they better do this for all runes. Not just the one

8. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

It will be difficult to find a fan faire without spending money, but it's not impossible. Similar for Harbs, Grimlic of Kt'hir, vampire bats and a very few other unique limited runes. Haunting spirits and boghopper zombies are reasonably easy to obtain, but were very difficult in the past.

You do seem to complain about a 'side effect' of the spell though. Your opponent made a tanky champ even tankier with an equip and than gave it fascinate. Kill the tank or ignore it (easier said than done, but still).
    You don't mention the give ally kt'hir which is probably the most powerfull part of the spell.

Alakhami likes this.
  9. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

I got one without spending money...
    All i did is giving A LOT of new runes for it...

10. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I got mine from poxpoints, also without spending money.

Lushiris and newsbuff like this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nerf KF

JellyBerry likes this.
  12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

"Remove it form ranked or make a legendary version, any similar rune that has the power lvl of fan faire and is unobtainable should be made legendary or exo also."

What ? A side effect of the spell, fascinate is part of the spell is it not ? I figured the ally k'thir part was obvious for most anyone that even knows what spell i'm talking about. Kill the tank with regen 2, colossal, resilient, with 65 hp 2 defense and regenerating an extra 3 hp per turn. I suppose it's possible but definitely a stretch and as for avoiding him, he has fascinate anytime you move within range to hit k'thir mega range your left without ap to move out of the range of fascinate.

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I actually agree with super on this point. spooky feeling...

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

we got a bunch of other rare and hard to find runes up after restocking yesterday too.

Also, Colossal Boa with Fascinate =
    [​IMG]

Tweek516, OriginalG1, Gnomes and 3 others like this.
  15. Cinder405

Do you run a sure likepoxbox out something?

16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Eretat's treasure relic -.-

17. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There are some runes that were for Campaigns that some players were able to find a loophole that allowed them to be crafted in the Forge. The loophole was closed in the Expansion 27 midterm, but the runes are still in circulation. A lot of these are very old runes and we will have to address them on a case by case basis.

18. Cinder405

I think that super's rant is more on Fan Faire itself and not other limited runes.

Fan Faire was given +5 Nora not too long ago? Is that still too efficient or do you just hate the effect it gives?

I do agree that spells and other hard to get runes should be re released in legendary versions. This way the people who paid an arm and leg for the Limited Versions can keep somewhat value in their runes. This will increase circulation of runes and please people who can't afford them/find them. A great way to bring in revenue for DOG. I would totally invest in a Legendary Pox Harbinger for KF.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

why tag me in this?

Cinder405 likes this.
  20. Cinder405

Because they dislike you for having Fan Faire and using it in ranked.