Please remove unattainable runes from ranked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I've got a Grimlic and Fan Faire and you don't see me steamrolling players just because I have a super rare card. I have the card because love my faction. I like the idea of showing off limited cards and that's it. It doesn't grant me any wins. They aren't taking me to battle master just because I play them.

2. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

agreed, the part of 'streamrolling' mostly caused by strategies skill, not cause solely by rune itself, if the Lim runes are OP then fix the mechanics of the rune, not make it forgeable or accessible easily to justify the Limited edition runes

Cinder405 likes this.
  3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I dont know of any rune that can steamroll anyone to battlemaster, super rare lim or not..
    and im sure u love your faction the same like everyone else to there chosen fac.
    and im sure u like whipping out yer super rare card that has a power only a small % of players can access, I mean duh, but what about the person yer playing against? screw em.
    Wouldn't it be cool enough to just whip out a special border with a unique animation? a kool taunt ? not enough,,? need to have a special secret power too..lol.. if I was kf I woudnt mind a FF as an option, , if I was doing aSL dragon bg a GT would be auto,,
    but since I dont love my fac enough, or dont have enough $$$ to aquire one, then im arsed out. instead of strategy its more like
    "Gotta Catch them All"

4. Cinder405

The person I play against has just as much chance as getting a Grimlic or a Fan Faire as I did. If the opponent doesn't want to invest into the game as much as another that sounds like a personal issue. To each his own. Grimlic is nothing special and doesn't grant you "power" that another can't offer.

Is Grimlic auto in a KF BG? No. Is Fan Faire auto in all KF BGs? Not at all. I find myself not even casting it most of the time but its there just for the "Oooos" and the "Awwes" mostly. Having a Guardians Treasure in a Dragon BG is NOT by any means necessary for it to be successful. It helps the BG but is NOT necessary. All of these runes are obtainable and are up to the consumer to value them enough to want to pay enough for them.

I obtained my cards through hard faught searches and overbidding in order to obtain them. But because I value having those runes in my collection I did whatever I could to obtain them.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. bambino

in a game where players conserve each drop of nora, and micromanage every stat,,, if something helps(even a little as you said yourself) , it helps,, its better to have a GT then not, no? . you dont cast it all the time,but at least u have that option.
    I guess its one of those things that irk me the more I think about,, I got quite a number of lims myself, but wouldn't care if they were accessible through leg and stuff..

I guess my main question, again, is why a bordered, special pix, kool (one day personalized) taunt or something is not enough,? everyone says the powers arent that big a deal, that they barely use em,,and yet shutter at the thought of making them accessible through legz for other players to experiment with.
    if there not so strong, release them, , you still have your special lim version that shows how much u love your faction. and now everones enjoying the game, with the ability to choose from ALL the powers their fac has to offer.... no good?

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Dude Guardian's Treasure isn't even valueable. If doesn't take long at all to trade it. If YOU didn't buy a mega box when it was available that's your fault. If a new player comes in wanting to acquire a Guardian's Treasure? Tell him to trade for it.Will it make his BG better? Yes. Does he need it? No.

You can argue all you want, these runes are all obtainable. Don't Firking lazy.

Cinder405 likes this.
  7. Cinder405

Honestly what it sounds like to me is that you want little to no effort in obtaining these runes. Again it all boils down to the personal issue. You see you CAN obtain it. The runes ARE accessible. You just don't want to work/pay/grind/etc.

You see there alot of things in the world that are handed to you. But there are alot of things you have to work for. Limited Editions aren't hand outs and are rewards for dedicated players who invest in Poxnora's future by purchasing Mega Boxes, tourneys, etc. The beauty of the these Limited Edition cards is that they are tradable. You CAN aquire them. Work for them.

8. bambino

im not lazy,, im broke :)
    again I ask,, why arent special borders an such enough to make a rune special?

what if lets say , we have 200 players and each one bought 1 of the same lim,(unigue power not forgable) then that lim goes off the market.(continuing each exp over years) then ina few years pop rose to over 1000,, so 800 people wouldnt be able to play this card, not even forgable,,,,,?
    I do understand how far im stretching to make my point, im always trying to get my friends to play pox,(long time tbs players,
    were a bit older now, and time is a factor family and such,,, and truthfully $$$ is a non issue, a round of golf is an easy 100$ in nyc and I play weekly).
    and I could just see them rolling there eyes about this topic alone, they'd be like wait are u asking us to join pokemon?
    its just the point of it , guess we just have different ideas on how a serious TBS should work, even a TCG, TBS. thanks for the debate :)

Xzablaz likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Every collector who puts his own collection that Pox owns over the well being of this game

go Firk yourself

bambino likes this.
  10. bambino

heh,, I guess I could have just said that too.
    +1

11. Cinder405

I get what your saying but hence the cards being LIMITED.

lim·it·ed
    ˈlimədəd/
    adjective
    1. restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short.
    So yeah that means they will disappear eventually just like a Delorean will in 2100 perhaps. Until then find a way to get em because they obviously don't want to make anymore.

There is no point of making Limited Edition cards if they aren't going to "limit" them. I may never get my hands on a Harbinger but you don't hear me BITxHING over not getting a rune that Flies and hits champions at range like alot of champs already do. I've tried to keep this exchange of opinions/views as civilized as possible you crossed the line. So out of respect to the DOG I will no longer respond.

This is easy to say from someone who has about anywhere between 90% to 100% of the runes available. You have nothing more to collect so you have no more drive or even value the cards you have as much as anyone who does not have a very big collection of runes. So go Firk yourself with a Bloodthirsty Blade.

12. bambino

your definition is perfect ,a limited time,, it says nothing about having unique properties, does it? nope..

in retail,, (which is our topic)
    a limited item usually runs parallel to an existing item,, with less made and having an asthetic property only, , a special red gameboy or gold playstation,, but they still play the same game and serve same function...
    you somehow have bended the term limited,to explain why u should be able to do things other players cant..
    my example of a lim is :
    cyclops stormcaller vs cyclops skywalker,, one is regular and one is a lim sold for a lim time...got it?cant get a skywalker from market uh? so theres your def of LIMited,, but I can still use a stormcaller if I need one..easy peasy..
    again I have id say I have over 80% of the whole collection,,and im not even collectng,, just pick up boxes and stuff exp time, support the game,,, u think im arguing cuz I need these stupid cards for my personal collection? um yea no.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

wait wait

you're saying, because I have a big collection and I tell people to not put their collections first, I don't understand the plebs? I don't understand the drive to get cards that only a few people have because we want the game to favor the old and rich players? Oh yeah, totally. If you want to collect Bane Shift, go collect something that has meaning. Figures, hockey cards, whatever. You don't even own the cards you have in Pox. You can't legit collect Bane Shift. Site shuts down, you're done.

So excuse me for not being a poor pleb who wants to ruin the game and stop it from growing because I jack off to the idea of getting a fan faire, oh yeah, not even HAVING fan faire. Just the idea of getting one is enough for you to stop the game from growing.

Seriously, I didn't think it was possible to be as conceited and egotistical as you just were in that statement. Great Firking job, you just made me realize a new low that people can reach.

14. Cinder405

And thennn... You wanna cookie?

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This thread is 5 pages deep and you guy's still haven't figured out why these runes are a problem, and why new players should also have access to them ?

16. Cinder405

That's up to DOG not us.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You putting more value over your little precious runes over the good for this game is pathetic. You disgust me.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Make a new rune with shitty art called "Pox X"

Give it the same stats as Harbs, but WAIT, 5-6 range without intiative.

"They tried to recreate the Harbingers once more... and failed."

19. Cinder405

Cry me a river and fill it with enough tears for the Boghoppers to swim in it. I don't care how you feel. Your opinions and mine are obviously different and that's alright. Go on with your life.

20. bambino

sat night theres about 60 peeps on mostly sp cuz BG is mainly empty,, cant even get a game. what good are all my precious cards?
    hypothetically, if I was told that all cards where gonna be given free to all, and that this game would have 1000 population avg, with players of all skill levels on at all times, including bad players like me,, I wouldnt give 2 craps about the value of my collection ,,
    to jump on pox at any time and know theres a game waiting against an opponent, (ideally evenly matched, since the more players on would make this more likely) to play when i want would be a dream.
    .the pleasure for me is playing the game, not looking at my checklist..

and no, im not saying this topic is the reason for low pop,, what im saying is id rather have a quality game, then a bunch of runes to make me feel "special", no matter the cost of what ive already invested.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    newsbuff likes this.